Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Grimoire 2.0.0.12 Update Available Now!

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
I got banned from Steam specifically for making a joke about the military being staffed by trannies now. It was a unilateral decision by one auditor who deleted the comment and then put a two week ban on any community posts by me, including announcements. No warning, no caution, no dialogue. Just millennial avoidance. I just got an alert telling me I was banned two weeks, no other explanation.

I have uploaded an extensive new version with far superior indicators for level advancement, new skills at character creation, fixes to items, spells, weapons and an assert fix. I published it live about ten minutes ago.

Some of the toughest glitches reported I left for now because I cannot reproduce them. I will examine them closer but about 80% of the bugs currently on my list have been fixed. I was actually having so much fun testing some of the new stuff I had to force myself to upload the patch.

When you advance a level and have undistributed points, spells or increases remaining you get an icon over top of where the individual leap to Inventory Workshop is now until you have distributed them all. I thought it might help as a reminder. Also the funny glitch exiting after only selecting two spells is fixed. Many, many others.

P.S. Going to be launching on many other distribution sites this month. Likely to be up on Itch.IO soon and many others.

Efe

Erudite
its entirely avoidable but maybe you want to know a way to crash grimoire
hold enter
click take all

Martyr

Arcane
can someone please tell me where the save files are located? the steam folder doesn't seem to include them:

bYwiUOW.png

I have to use a laptop for the next ~two weeks that isn't mine and I'd love continuing my playthrough.

ToddMcF2002

Educated
Hi Cleve any chance you can take a look at CPU consumption? Even minimized the game is taking a huge chunk of cycles. My i7 is reporting a constant 25%. For a turn based game that's awfully high and it limits the "portability" of a game that should be highly portable given the effect on battery life. In comparison, W7 runs around 1.7%.

Generic-Giant-Spider

Who banned you, Cleve?

What do you need me to do to them?

DavidBVal

4 Dimension Games
Patron
Developer
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Pathfinder: Wrath
And here I thought most of the drama would be gone with the manual released.

Valky

Arcane
Manlet
I'm worried that I might lose my employment status if you release Grimoire outside of steam, Cleve, because then I'll be able to play it.

HarveyBirdman

Arbiter
I got banned from Steam specifically for making a joke about the military being staffed by trannies now. It was a unilateral decision by one auditor who deleted the comment and then put a two week ban on any community posts by me, including announcements.No warning, no caution, no dialogue. Just millennial avoidance. I just got an alert telling me I was banned two weeks, no other explanation.
You ought not be surprised, Cleve.

GoG was your home all along. It's almost like the Polaks have been a fiercely independent people since basically forever. Did you know the late 18th century Polish had a sort of constitution spiritually similar to the United States Constitution around the same time frame? The nobles got scared and asked the Tsarina for help -- she helped. But the Polish spirit of independence and a general "fuck you" you to authority has remained, despite the better part of a century hell-bent on corrupting Polish people and Polish culture a la the Soviets. Hence GoG. (And hence CDPR. Nothing but respect for the OGs there.)

GoG has been your natural home since the beginning.

Steam has done a good job for gamers, and we would be ungrateful cusses to discount it. But GoG (or at least services in the mindset of GoG at its 1990's inception) are the only future we have as a community.

Last edited:

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
GOG would've banned Cleve much earlier. And probably posted a public apology for allowing him on their platform.

Trust me, those days if you have a divisive an opinion, you better remain quiet.

HarveyBirdman

Arbiter
Why do you say that Haba? Maybe you know something I don't know -- and admittedly, I know very little.

My experience with GoG has been pretty easygoing.
>buy game
>figure it out
>check forums if problems

As far as opinions go, I have many. But I've never seen GoG as a place worthy of expressing them. Nor would I see it as a place that even considers them as relevant. Again, maybe you know something I don't, but I'm not seeing the relationship.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Good idea on Steam:

Cleve should add trans to character creation to appease progressive Stalin. After selecting a gender in the character creation screen, there will be an option to be transsexual. Trannies start with 20% penalty to both STR and FEL and with permanent confusion. After seeking psychological help at the medical academy in Kublai Axis, they revert to the originally specified gender and the stats return to normal.

ToddMcF2002

Educated
At the risk of talking about the actual game - can someone shed some light on the excessive CPU utilization? Cleve between here and Steam you are probably sick of me asking. Respond so I can stop

Generic-Giant-Spider

Good idea on Steam:

Cleve should add trans to character creation to appease progressive Stalin. After selecting a gender in the character creation screen, there will be an option to be transsexual. Trannies start with 20% penalty to both STR and FEL and with permanent confusion. After seeking psychological help at the medical academy in Kublai Axis, they revert to the originally specified gender and the stats return to normal.

There should be enemies that give you transsexualism as a disease.

ToddMcF2002

Educated
I want to talk about cpu utilization and you people want to talk about chicks with d1cks wtf

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom