Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grimoire gameplay and hints thread

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
BTW, what is up with the "Bipenis" axe ?

"Labrys (Greek: λάβρυς, lábrys) is the term for a symmetrical double-bitted axe originally from Crete in Greece, one of the oldest symbols of Greek civilization; to the Romans, it was known as a bipennis. The symbol was commonly associated with female divinities."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Labrys

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Sold the perk keys, as well as the common gate keys. They were taking too much space in the inventory. Now in 1.2.0.5 they don't spawn anymore, lol.

Looking for advice on Samhain Underground:

Where's the key to open the entrance gate ? Also, I have a key of the Saints, what does that open ?

This was probably less than obvious: but remember to click on that gate in Ukluk. It will give you a hint. Also, ask Smithers about his father. Crest/seal doesn't work as a keyword.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Is the Museum of Magic somewhere close to Crowl or further ahead? Just wondering if I missed it.

Lord Andre

Arcane
Is the Museum of Magic somewhere close to Crowl or further ahead? Just wondering if I missed it.

It's in the basement of the mage shop. Can't see how you missed it ? Shop is bottom right corner of map, I remember. Mention museum or ticket in dialogue but it should be really obvious...

BTW, what is up with the "Bipenis" axe ?

"Labrys (Greek: λάβρυς, lábrys) is the term for a symmetrical double-bitted axe originally from Crete in Greece, one of the oldest symbols of Greek civilization; to the Romans, it was known as a bipennis. The symbol was commonly associated with female divinities."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Labrys

Well put me in steel toe boots and call me a lesbian, my uncultered country ass though it was a dick joke.

Edit: meant to say bottom-right

bataille

Arcane
B a l a n c e .
I'm going to use that holy knight to access that sword in the backer mausoleum and nothing can stop me!
2017-08-08_14_36_54-_GRIMOIRE_V1.0_RELEASE.jpg

Do you have to progress to a certain point and find the item he is looking for to recruit him? Or does it work as soon as you meet him?

You have to help him.
And even if you have a templar, he is still of great use for your quest for caliburnus.

Danthar

Novice
On steam some users have experimented with Mana regeneration rate and basically their conclusion is that it's race-based.

Aeorb, Vamphyr and Feyfolk regenerate fast while Drow/Human really doesn't.

I wonder, if true, what a Drow has that merits this.. maybe it's handy to have one for diplomacy later on since they are basically the rulers of the world?

Link for you all to read the details: http://steamcommunity.com/app/650670/discussions/0/1471967615860305668/

bataille

Arcane
Yeah, my cleric is a drow and it's just one big pain waiting for her to restore the magic points in twice or even thrice the time it takes the eye dude and the fairy to do so.

Nyast

Cipher
Damn it, my Rosy is pretrified, just a little bit but enough to make her useless. How can I cure her ? Cure disease, shrine of the raptor or consumables do not work. Is there a spell I can get somewhere to cure her, or do I need to level up ?

If you started at the Briarpatch Woods, you may be able to heal petrified in the Shrine downstairs in that blinking field.

Nope, first thing I tried, doesn't work.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Feyfolk regenerate fast

I've noticed this with my Feyfolken cleric. The trade off being that her VIT decreases at a ridiculously fast pace.

This may be due to low MET and maybe also CON. My Fefolk Mage doesn't have issues with vitality - it's more of a slow gains in mana pool issue. DEV probably.

rickralsten

Educated
If your detect secret icon is going crazy but you've scanned every brick of every wall and pushed against all walls to search for illusionary ones, is the detect secret spell just responding to a safe haven? (One of my characters detected a safe haven in the square).

Self-Ejected

buru5

Very Grumpy Dragon
Patron
If your detect secret icon is going crazy but you've scanned every brick of every wall and pushed against all walls to search for illusionary ones, is the detect secret spell just responding to a safe haven? (One of my characters detected a safe haven in the square).

I don't think Detect Secret responds to Safe Havens, actually I'm almost positive that it doesn't. It might be that there's something you need to search for on that tile or it's an invisible wall that you can simply walk through.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron

I don't think Detect Secret responds to Safe Havens, actually I'm almost positive that it doesn't. It might be that there's something you need to search for on that tile or it's an invisible wall that you can simply walk through.

Yeah, some secrets take a high scouting skill to discover, eg. something scribbled on the wall. When you try looking several times, you can sometimes discover it then.

mercyRPG

Cipher
On steam some users have experimented with Mana regeneration rate and basically their conclusion is that it's race-based.

Aeorb, Vamphyr and Feyfolk regenerate fast while Drow/Human really doesn't.

I wonder, if true, what a Drow has that merits this.. maybe it's handy to have one for diplomacy later on since they are basically the rulers of the world?

Link for you all to read the details: http://steamcommunity.com/app/650670/discussions/0/1471967615860305668/

My Durendil Thaumaturge also regenerates his mana blazingly fast, more rapidly than my Vamphyr.

rickralsten

Educated
Okay, because there's a 10x10 room on the east side of Aquavia where it's going off. Time to keep looking.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Good news, now the old saves will work again while the saves of the last few days won't.

GOLDEN ERA GAMES [developer] Just now
notification_icon_flag_dark.png
forum_topicicon_reply.png

Originally posted by streaming instability:
Originally posted by GOLDEN ERA GAMES:
I fixed that savegame error but I have to warn you, any games started with the latest update are going to crash. Sorry, but that's the best long term solution I could find. The problem is there is no way until this next update to tell the difference from the old and the new.
There are no heuristics you could use? There's no information stored in the 1.207 saves that is not stored in prior ones?
Nope, the headers are identical. That will change on the very next save you do but this will restore all previous saves that broke and it will break all saves of the last 48 hours. Best I can do, it is easier to restore 90% of existing saves that broke than to try to fix 10% of the saves in the last two days. I have a versioning system now that will recognize the differences and do a much better job in the future. I guess in the past it was so common for me to delete old savegames I didn't consider it. Now that I realize others are building on existing savegames I will never tamper with any data that could break them again. So the coming update will have all prior fixes plus restore all savegames and the only people who may have to restart will be players who saved in the last 48 hours. Sorry about that.

rickralsten

Educated
Wait, so I made a new party yesterday and have been enjoying it quite a bit. I'm going to lose all the time I've put into it?

Danthar

Novice
Good news, now the old saves will work again while the saves of the last few days won't.

GOLDEN ERA GAMES [developer] Just now
notification_icon_flag_dark.png
forum_topicicon_reply.png

Originally posted by streaming instability:
Originally posted by GOLDEN ERA GAMES:
I fixed that savegame error but I have to warn you, any games started with the latest update are going to crash. Sorry, but that's the best long term solution I could find. The problem is there is no way until this next update to tell the difference from the old and the new.
There are no heuristics you could use? There's no information stored in the 1.207 saves that is not stored in prior ones?
Nope, the headers are identical. That will change on the very next save you do but this will restore all previous saves that broke and it will break all saves of the last 48 hours. Best I can do, it is easier to restore 90% of existing saves that broke than to try to fix 10% of the saves in the last two days. I have a versioning system now that will recognize the differences and do a much better job in the future. I guess in the past it was so common for me to delete old savegames I didn't consider it. Now that I realize others are building on existing savegames I will never tamper with any data that could break them again. So the coming update will have all prior fixes plus restore all savegames and the only people who may have to restart will be players who saved in the last 48 hours. Sorry about that.

Shoot that's seriously bleh for many! Luckily I have also seen many people that reverted to 1.2.0.5 and continued playing there. They would be happy.
This is why I've been waiting (well, things like this), but it's been hard!! I want to play! Sometimes I dabble a bit in the few areas I already went through... but a real start, no, not yet. Willpower is useful, but it's still hard :p

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
How do I see the SuperID of an item? When I hold it over the assay button I only get the normal ID stats.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
How do I see the SuperID of an item? When I hold it over the assay button I only get the normal ID stats.

I think SuperID means that it gets a page in the journal with a description. Doesn't have stats, but may give hints for some quest items.

Danthar

Novice

I think SuperID means that it gets a page in the journal with a description. Doesn't have stats, but may give hints for some quest items.

Click a second time to get SuperID.

If you drag it over the eye symbol (look), you get a description page.

bataille

Arcane

SuperID requires a considerably higher level of assaying than the regular ID. Just press the window with the item's stats and it should display the superID page. It usually contains secondary stuff like the curse status, the grade (no idea what that means), resistances, various boni, etc.
Most of the artifacts I've found required a cast of the Improved Identify spell, the regular one just didn't cut it even with >50 in assaying.

Self-Ejected

buru5

Very Grumpy Dragon
Patron
What skills are people investing in for the section with "Evasion/swimming/climbing" etc. I've been dumping into swimming because I read somewhere that you need to swim a few titles later on, but is there something more useful I should be focusing on?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom