Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grimoire gameplay and hints thread

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
the lady at the inn with the missing sister can be recruited and all her skills are retardedly high.

Did you have to bribe her with gold? I assumed she would become recruitable after you find her sister.

So what are perk keys and stuff?

I think they are for the chests with the items the backers designed.

So do you guys take Rosy or do you leave your custom character in? I took her to try her out and JESUS she's got mad skeelz.

Where exactly is she? In the superdemo she was right there in the beginning of the wilderness area.

I highly advise using your rpg notebook for Grimoire. Take notes and record important stuff. If you don't have a game notebook don't talk to me or my wife's son ever again.

It's recorded automatically in the journal, unless you switch that off for 20% more EXP.

I was having trouble with diseases and noticed my food bar never goes down.

The food bar is deactivated for now. Cleve was thinking about making it a mental health bar or something like that in V2.

Last edited:

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
Mordecai seems to have about 100 hit points. He gets like 7 million hits a turn so I cannot kill him, but the couple hits I got on him brought his percentage down exactly by the amount damaged.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Since this is similar to Wizardry, I'll try to guess:
  • INT: Intelligence
Important for spell casters and maybe metalsmith item creation.
  • WIS: Wisdom
Probably also spell casters, though maybe only clerics etc.?
  • WIL: Willpower
Resistance against mind attacks, maybe some attack bonuses.
  • STR: Strength
This one is obvious. Attacks and carrying capacity.
  • CON: Constitution
Hitpoints and things like resistances or healing from diseases and what not.
  • SPE: Speed
Who attacks first and maybe additional attacks per round.
  • AGI: Agility
Dexterity and evasion of attacks.
  • FEL: Fellowship (equivalent to charisma)
Recruiting and talking to NPC's.
  • DEV: Devotion (equivalent to faith)
Probably something for spell casters.
  • MET: Metabolism
Amount of vitality and how quickly it goes down or replenishes.
  • DES: Destiny (luck, karma or both)
Can save from death in fights, "Destiny intervened".

ARMOR
  • NAC: Natural Armor Class
  • BAC: Basic Armor Class
  • CAC: ???
  • IAC: ???
  • MAC: ???
  • TAC: Total Armor Class
This stuff I cannot figure out either. C, I, M? All I know is that the higher the number, the better.

Valky

Arcane
Manlet
I highly advise using your rpg notebook for Grimoire. Take notes and record important stuff. If you don't have a game notebook don't talk to me or my wife's son ever again.

It's recorded automatically in the journal, unless you switch that off for 20% more EXP.
I mean for anything. Notes about important stuff you missed, stuff to remember, etc. Anything about the game.

Reapa

Doom Preacher
NegO6JK.jpg

feels a lot like cheating.

Reapa

Doom Preacher
Lady Error, explain yourself. how does it not feel like cheating to get a fairy with 300+ mana and more hit points than any tank you've just created, right after starting the game? not to mention the skills.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
I believe that IAC means 'Inherent Armor Class'

MAC is probably magical armor class reductions. Natural Armor Class is what you get from the race and class, while Inherent Armor Class or the CAC is about the regular armor.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Lady Error, explain yourself. how does it not feel like cheating to get a fairy with 300+ mana and more hit points than any tank you've just created, right after starting the game?

Simple. It doesn't. :smug:

I bet she won't be able to save your ass past the beginner areas anyway, so you still have to git gud with your guys.

agentorange

Arcane
Patron
rpghq (cant read codex pms cuz of fag 2fa)
Codex 2012
needs cutscenes, story, graphics
wizardry games have these. wizardry 7 the game that this is a spiritual sequel too has a pretty long cutscene at the start and a lot of story content. most dungeon crawlers/blobbers do.

in fact let's look at some of those features boasted about most prominently by Cleve on the game's store page..

• Lush Colorful 2D Hand Drawn Artwork
  • Retro style MIDI music and 8 bit sound effect
  • Multiple Beginnings, Multiple Endings
  • 64 intelligent NPCs with 8000+ Words in Vocabulary
  • Full Sentence Communication with NPCs
  • Automapping, Autowalking, Autohealing
  • Quest Journal, Hint Prompting, Help Facility, Mini-Quests

hmmmmmm.

Valky

Arcane
Manlet
needs cutscenes, story, graphics
wizardry games have these. wizardry 7 the game that this is a spiritual sequel too has a pretty long cutscene at the start and a lot of story content. most dungeon crawlers/blobbers do.

in fact let's look at some of those features boasted about most prominently by Cleve on the game's store page..

• Lush Colorful 2D Hand Drawn Artwork
  • Retro style MIDI music and 8 bit sound effect
  • Multiple Beginnings, Multiple Endings
  • 64 intelligent NPCs with 8000+ Words in Vocabulary
  • Full Sentence Communication with NPCs
  • Automapping, Autowalking, Autohealing
  • Quest Journal, Hint Prompting, Help Facility, Mini-Quests

hmmmmmm.
Clearly he knows how sape brains like yours work and how to market to them.

Were there any in-game hints about how to get to the southern area of Shrine of the Raptor? I just did it by accident
put the owl figurine in the alcove
but would like to know if there was something I missed.

Shackleton

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
So what am I missing on how to recruit Little Rosy? My party is struggling and could certainly use her to help me through the early slog. I guess I've got to raise her green bar but no talking seems to do it and I don't have enough gold to bribe. Is it just a case of get more gold? I've asked her about everything I can think of and she's got quite a lot to say but when I ask to join or recruit I get asked about the Vanguard and then talking about that brings info but no recruit.

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
So what am I missing on how to recruit Little Rosy? My party is struggling and could certainly use her to help me through the early slog. I guess I've got to raise her green bar but no talking seems to do it and I don't have enough gold to bribe. Is it just a case of get more gold? I've asked her about everything I can think of and she's got quite a lot to say but when I ask to join or recruit I get asked about the Vanguard and then talking about that brings info but no recruit.

The recruit function is an action. Change the talk bubbles to buy, sell, recruit, steal, etc.

john141414514

Literate
new unworthy person here need help. 1.How do you class change you party members when they get the stats they need? 2. I have 2 people diseased and 1 paralyzed I have been to mid knight gardens and crowl village where can I get them healed?

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
Okay, it seems people are starting in different areas. I started in Bar Clay or something like that,with Raghilda the inn keeper lady and the missing sister in the bath temple thing. I've spent the last two hours trying to figure out how to get through the gate and nothing. I really hate not being able to figure it out myself but I've tried everything and now am pretty much broke and barely getting xp from kills. Anyone have a hint for me? I already cleared the other temple area where the acme machine is. I went through both areas with detect secrets and spent all my cash on true seeing potions and did it with them both. I've gone around a billion times and I'm not getting anything.

Just a helpful PSA for people who think clicking the little arrows for different actions is cumbersome - right clicking on any action gets you instant access to all verbs.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom