Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grimoire gameplay and hints thread

Greyfox12311

Literate
So I ever since the last patch I'm having an issue with anything I buy from NPC's. Don't know if I'm doing something wrong or if it's a bug. Even after identifying an item a NPC sells me when I go to equip or use it it is no longer identified and I can't. For example I identify a spell book at the NPC selling it then I assay it once in my possesion but then when I go to scribe it, it is no longer identified. Any help?

That's an old problem which Cleve said should be fixed in the newest update.
It's not unfortunatly

Think there's a temp workaround on the forums for that:
glenn3e
iconGames.png
4 hours ago
notification_icon_flag_dark.png
forum_topicicon_reply.png

Originally posted by FRThaxlsyssilyaan:
Originally posted by Adam:
Hi Cleve. Been playing 1.2.0.7 with a fresh party, and the identify bug is still in it (noted that in the 1.2.0.7 thread). Can't scribe books I bought from NPCs because they are still treated as unidentified, though they only refer to their unidentified status during scribing/using.

Can you drop them on floor, pick them up again and ID them again through regular mean? I've read that workaround, i'm curious if it work.

It works.
Thanks I'll try that as soon as the game isn't broken. grrrrrrr

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual
Dunno if this'll translate to this new 'save fix' version, but while you can't load 1.2.0.7 saves into older versions, you can load the 1.2.0.7 player library into them. Saves rereolling, that has to be good... right?

You can even load the superdemo library.

Heck, I am pretty sure you can load a save into hex edit program and copy the relevant portion from old save to new with all items and shit (maybe no spells though), to quickly breeze through what you played before if you think of upgrading to save-incompatible version. The amount of bytes per character and their position seems identical to the library, and I did in fact overwrote one of ongoing chars I was displeased with a newly created one copied from the library.

Hey Zep Zepo , don't you want to add a functionality to export and import characters between saves and the library to your editor? Now that would make it useful for more than mere cheating.

Need a key, bro. Then I'll look at it :).

Character in save file is pretty much the same as character in the lib file.

Zep--

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual
Dunno if this'll translate to this new 'save fix' version, but while you can't load 1.2.0.7 saves into older versions, you can load the 1.2.0.7 player library into them. Saves rereolling, that has to be good... right?

You can even load the superdemo library.

Heck, I am pretty sure you can load a save into hex edit program and copy the relevant portion from old save to new with all items and shit (maybe no spells though), to quickly breeze through what you played before if you think of upgrading to save-incompatible version. The amount of bytes per character and their position seems identical to the library, and I did in fact overwrote one of ongoing chars I was displeased with a newly created one copied from the library.

Hey Zep Zepo , don't you want to add a functionality to export and import characters between saves and the library to your editor? Now that would make it useful for more than mere cheating.

Need a key, bro. Then I'll look at it :).

Character in save file is pretty much the same as character in the lib file.

Zep--

Just did a quick test since I already have the lib file stuff (just no gui yet) coded. You can copy a charater from save game (with stats and all) to the Lib file.

Zep--

Electryon

Savant
This is now a bit ridiculous, at a minimum. I made a new party last night because the patch broke my previous save. Which was fine, since I made a much better, more efficient and powerful one. Now, one day later, after I finally roll what I wanted, the patch and characters I created YESTERDAY are now gone, but my previous save works, but now the library simply doesn't open. That is IF you do the workaround in the User/appdata file. It's reasonable to expect at this point that every patch he is releasing might break your save, or cause some other random, unknown issues in the game world. I'm now reading that this patch has locked all previous unlocked chests in the saves. This game, when playing it, is uniformly excellent and everything I wanted it to be. It is also quite likely that it is so big, and coded so haphazardly, that this is going to be an ongoing issue. Cleve always had the game. This, in fact, may be the reason he never released it until last week. He really was having constant microissues. Because the fixes are breaking other things every time they are made.

Greyfox12311

Literate
Thanks I'll try that as soon as the game isn't broken. grrrrrrr

Game will start if you make a 'Grimoire' folder under C:\Users\user\AppData\Local (where he's moving saves to).

See here:
http://steamcommunity.com/app/650670/discussions/0/1471967615861725523/
Yes game will start but the library won't load and I can't overwrite saves. Also the game has crashed on me twice now during combat. There was nothing wrong with either of the first two versions he released imo (nothing important anyway). He literally broke his own game...

Greyfox12311

Literate
You know I was just thinking wouldn't it be the biggest Cleve troll of them all to release Grimoire in all of it's brain melting awesomeness for all the sapes to enjoy only to intentionally make the game unplayable? That would be Neanderthal justice.

Electryon

Savant
You know I was just thinking wouldn't it be the biggest Cleve troll of them all to release Grimoire in all of it's brain melting awesomeness for all the sapes to enjoy only to intentionally make the game unplayable? That would be Neanderthal justice.

I don't think that's it. And as I said, I happily ate my crow when it was released, and I think the game itself is stellar and that it is exactly what he advertised it as. When I'm playing it. I also fear that it is as big as Cleve claims, and that the code is a byzantine mess. And that could be a problem.

Greyfox12311

Literate

I don't think that's it. And as I said, I happily ate my crow when it was released, and I think the game itself is stellar and that it is exactly what he advertised it as. When I'm playing it. I also fear that it is as big as Cleve claims, and that the code is a byzantine mess. And that could be a problem.
I agree. I was just making jokes since I didn't have anything else to do like play a game.

rickralsten

Educated
Is there any reason to choose feyfolk over the eye guys for casters. Maybe I'm just getting lucky/unlucky rolls, but the eye guys ALWAYS have more spell points, often by a lot.

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
I'm pretty much done with the "first act", but I am missing a few things. 100% on nearly all maps, but...

Great Hall of Samhain, when you sleep on the demonic summoning circle, you get a message but nothing else happens, is this relevant?

Also in the Great Hall of Samhain, the rune slab and the lightning orbs, how do they work?

And how do I decode the runes to unlock the Phoenix Gate in Samhain?

When you decode the runes in the sw of Samhain underworld it gives this message (I was guessing it may be ancient customs or whatever that skill is maybe, or assay, my metal smith does both for my team and he deciphered it after like 20 tries).

moon, moon
fire, fish
fire, fish
man

I'd like to know the answers to the other two questions too.

Viata

Arcane
So what you guys do for something that annoys you in the game and autism kicks high?
Me:
uCdB5G7.png

Now I don't need to care about Climbing fucking me up every time.

Biggus

Scholar
So what you guys do for something that annoys you in the game and autism kicks high?
Me:
uCdB5G7.png

Yeah, until the next patch when Swimming will be -100 and Climbing will be millionty :P

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
I correctly guessed the 7 components of the knightly catechism on my first try, but it wasn't enough for this puzzle to have 120 possible answers; the order of the catechism matters, which means there are 604,800 possible answers, necessitating a trip back to
Sir Coffergus in the Eyrie.
:argh:

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
I correctly guessed the 7 components of the knightly catechism on my first try, but it wasn't enough for this puzzle to have 120 possible answers; the order of the catechism matters, which means there are 604,800 possible answers, necessitating a trip back to
Sir Coffergus in the Eyrie.
:argh:

It's very fast with autowak anyway - provided you marked the entrances with footnotes.

Me:
uCdB5G7.png

For climbing, casting Featherfall takes care of any accidents and the climbing skill increases even if you fall. It's a Thaumaturge spell, I think.

I was just making jokes since I didn't have anything else to do like play a game.

Why don't you just download the version that worked for you from Steam? That's how people do it. Search this thread for "download_depot".

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
So I thought I had too much money and, um, the prices increase slightly further on. Just FYI.

Does the TAC stop at 130? If I go over it, it shows 000 - not sure if bug or supposed to be that way.

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
I think Deep freeze spell is bugged. Level 1 wouldn't cast for my thaurmaturge for anything, and then on the fight against Samhain I saw my first skill up from casting a spell - it raised my alchemy. On my next level up I put everything into alchemy and can now cast power level 1 pretty consistently without fizzles, and it hits from 400 to 950 or so. That is what the most powerful tier does for damage according to the tooltip. I'd report it but I like this feature and do not consider it bugged.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom