Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grimoire gameplay and hints thread

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
I think Deep freeze spell is bugged. Level 1 wouldn't cast for my thaurmaturge for anything, and then on the fight against Samhain I saw my first skill up from casting a spell - it raised my alchemy. On my next level up I put everything into alchemy and can now cast power level 1 pretty consistently without fizzles, and it hits from 400 to 950 or so. That is what the most powerful tier does for damage according to the tooltip. I'd report it but I like this feature and do not consider it bugged.

I have the same "bug" with Deep Freeze in that it does too much damage even on Level 1.

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Apparently inventory is randomly generated too. Just had a warrior generate without a shield. Then I tried again and it generated with a shield.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
How do you get them?

Ask the homosexual mage. Feels pretty random.

I guess it makes sense that a Magus would know how to do it, though I would have expected a more complicated way of unlocking the "forbidden" spells.

It was quite fun trying to scribe the two Eldritch spellbooks I found so far. The character goes insane but still keeps increasing the Arcanum skill at each try, until at some point you succeed. Then casting Sane Mind once and they're as good as new.
On a different topic:

Did anyone find how to free the NPC Dragon?

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
On a different topic:

Nope. Could you make him talk?

I'm not even sure he can talk. This may be one of those puzzles where you need to do something on a different map first. I assume there is some item you need.

It's the Royal Zoo, so logically whoever that Royal is may be connected. Lord Ahriman maybe?

Viata

Arcane
On a different topic:

Nope. Could you make him talk?

I'm not even sure he can talk. This may be one of those puzzles where you need to do something on a different map first. I assume there is some item you need.

It's the Royal Zoo, so logically whoever that Royal is may be connected. Lord Ahriman maybe?
There is also that sign saying how Balderdash caught him and that he eats viands and plane energy. So I'm looking for Balderdah, if he is alive.

Jugashvili

管官的官
Patron
Codex 2013
What was I supposed to do with Alonzo whatshisface's bones again? Am I supposed to take them to the Samhain mausoleum or something?​

Nyast

Cipher
You need to get something in the Ukluk Mines for Smithers. This will give you what you need to proceed.

Are you referring to the amulet ? I already have it. It seems like I need to combine it with a mediallion, but I have no idea where that one is. First guess was to go back to Ulkul but I've explored everything and I don't think I missed a secret, so I no longer have any idea where to look.. more hints please ;)

There is a gate in NW Ukluk where you need to use the King Loogmar seal.

Thanks but I don't think we're speaking about the same thing. I've already explored the NW part of Ukluk, used the harness to pass the pit, gotten the "cut-scene" with Smither's father, brought back the proof, gave it to him, and he gave me an amulet which, when examined, says it's missing a medallion. I'm looking for that medallion since I assume it's the key to Samhain's entrance.

Dr Skeleton

Arcane
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Is there interesting use for metallurgy and Metalsmiths in general later in the game? I had one in my first party but he worked as another warrior pretty much. Is that just for crafting?

Also what do the difficulty settings do exactly?

bataille

Arcane
So how do I summon the turtle? I seem to have brute forced the burial rite quest with swimming, but I still need the turtle!
There is still that phoenix door, though. And the pit before the river that crashes the game if you try to fall into it.
Oh, and the tablet with writing in an unknown language. 25 in ancient history is not enough to translate it...

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
What's the combination to the son-moon-star-lightning puzzle in Deepsink?

Tried to somehow to it according to what I've seen in the enigma well but the way I think it might be doesn't work.

Danthar

Novice
Is there interesting use for metallurgy and Metalsmiths in general later in the game? I had one in my first party but he worked as another warrior pretty much. Is that just for crafting?

Also what do the difficulty settings do exactly?

1) Yeah and crafting wasn't (fully?) implemented yet. V2 is where it's at. We hope.
2) I am not so sure. I play on Advanced (middle of the 5) and I like it, it's totally fine. As to difficulty in general, Cleve said somewhere that if you win multiple battles easily in a row the game remembers this and can send you harder fights now and then.

Greyfox12311

Literate
This is why I don't load an older version. If I do so I am affraid future patches tgen won't be usable. Cleve is very clearly coding on the fly and instead of releasing the patches on Steams test platform he is releasing them straight to the public with no testing. I would hate to get 400+ hours into the game only to find out I have to start over because he released something in a later patch that I can no longer access. The game is great and was in the first version imo. I'm just very leary about doing anything thats going to fuck me later on down the road. Not to mention for a game I paid $40 to get I really shouldn't have to jump through hoops just to play until the next game breaking patch. Just saying.

Sherry

Arcane
Hi.

gosh this is a little more puzzle heavy than I am used to with the other games I have played even Ultima did not have the kind of puzzles and specifics to unlock parts of an area by doing this and that or having that and this so it has been a big learning curve for Tiny Sherry and Little Rosy's crew!

scroll help! I got maybe six scroll parchments with spells on them and have them all identified but I am not sure how to learn those spells to have them added to a spellbook. I tried dragging the scroll to the open spell book on the character I want to learn the spell but it just opened up the spell book. Using the scroll just makes it a one-shot spell but I want to learn them and add more spells to the spell book.

okay this next part is hidden and I need a nudge on what to do/where to go next! ;)

I have met Gorlo, Trimestes, Smithers, Raghilda and Mordecai in the village.

I have cleared out the Spirit Caves and Aquivia, explored the Briarpatch Woods and Gardens of Midknight but I do not know how to unlock the Tomb of Saint Greorge or the doors to the Black Lich.
I have explored the Shrine of the Raptor.
I also bought a ticket to explore the Museum of Magic and went down the little well too.

Is there someone I must speak with or some item I need to get into those two areas mentioned in the spoiler?

heart.png

Thanks,
Sherry

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom