Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grimoire gameplay and hints thread

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Wait, poem?

What hint is it exactly that relates to the machine? The hint I thought relates to it is
The wall has a variety of images carved into the stone in a broad mosaic.
A happy-go-lucky larrikin striding about with a trumpet.
a large cracked egg with a glowing cosmic eye within it
and an owl in flight.

Poem probably means it's not this one.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Oh, also, how the fuck do I meet Captain Krone? There is one closed door in the city of Crowe, I assume that's the watch station, but I can't get in.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Oh, also, how the fuck do I meet Captain Krone? There is one closed door in the city of Crowe, I assume that's the watch station, but I can't get in.

You can click on the window next to the door. Also took me a while.

Viata

Arcane
If you do an important quest before meeting Ahriman, he may send you to Oblivion(new place). Meeting him before gives you the change to defeat him.

mondblut

Arcane
Interesting. So if you give (or show, rather) Lachesis to Morgana, she'll pass you an invitation to join the druid cult

Their hippie cult is hell-bent on destroying the tablets. If you try to enter their lair normally, they'll turn hostile.

I know, that's how I played before (in 2005 version). You need to equip a ring cloak Morgana gives when you show the tablet, then they let you in. I expect it will not end well though, as they welcome you with "thank you brother for bring these sacrifices along". See, there is only one cloak :lol:

mondblut

Arcane
Okay, I found my first what I think is a Arcanum spell. It does nothing when I try to scribe it. It says I scribe it Hermetic Gag, and that it is not in my spell book. My Arcanum does not go up, and neither do I get insane. I tried to scribe 50 times on all characters (that can learn spells) with and without read magic. Absolutely nothing happened.

You have to unlock these schools first.

ask trimestes
about "eldritch"

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
If you do an important quest before meeting Ahriman, he may send you to Oblivion(new place). Meeting him before gives you the change to defeat him.

He attacked me after I came back from the top of the Blackspike mountains and I refused to hand over the tablet to him. Now he's dead. The Mandarin also commented on that, so I suppose things are as they should be. Except Lt Shrike is still trying to recruit me.

Viata

Arcane

He attacked me after I came back from the top of the Blackspike mountains and I refused to hand over the tablet to him. Now he's dead. The Mandarin also commented on that, so I suppose things are as they should be. Except Lt Shrike is still trying to recruit me.
It's a small place. There is something important there, but only for sidequest

mondblut

Arcane
Wait, poem?

What hint is it exactly that relates to the machine? The hint I thought relates to it is
The wall has a variety of images carved into the stone in a broad mosaic.
A happy-go-lucky larrikin striding about with a trumpet.
a large cracked egg with a glowing cosmic eye within it
and an owl in flight.

Poem probably means it's not this one.

You need to look at it really close.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Yeah, that description/poem actually solves two puzzles at the same time, which are then brought together.

So there are two "meanings" to be extracted: the content of what is said and then the words themselves.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Yeah, that description/poem actually solves two puzzles at the same time, which are then brought together.

So there are two "meanings" to be extracted: the content of what is said and then the words themselves.

Oh herp de derp, I just went back down into the catacombs to double-check, and I forgot to search the first time I was there

Of course I wasn't able to solve the puzzle then. HERPA DERP :retarded:

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Ok. Got the
egg from the device, poured the space egg yolk into it, and now I dunno what to do with the thing... still can't get past the magic lock in the Exemplar Vault.

Right now I'm pretty clueless on how to proceed.

- killed the horror, killed Argosyre when he confronted me
- went to Captain Krone, got access to the armory, got his recommendation letter
- got Caliburnus
- got the egg and put the egg yolk into it

Jugashvili

管官的官
Patron
Codex 2013
Ok. Got the
egg from the device, poured the space egg yolk into it, and now I dunno what to do with the thing... still can't get past the magic lock in the Exemplar Vault.

- went to Captain Krone, got access to the armory, got his recommendation letter
- got Caliburnus

Bring the egg back to the machine in the museum and it will hatch a small robo-owl

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Ok. Got the

- got Caliburnus

Bring the egg back to the machine in the museum and it will hatch a small robo-owl

Still stuck... tried to use it on the magic lock in the vault, but nothing happened. What do I do with it?

osefmarcher

Literate
Made some tests about stats while waiting for manual (might not be 100% accurate) :

DEV = +mana
CON = +vitality

hp is class based
hp regen is fixed at 10% per current hp (not max hp), might be a race ticking rate speed, but almost not noticable (feyfolk seems to regen slower)
mana regen is race based, tick faster for certains races : dwarf/wolfin(ultra mega fast lol)>>>>>>>>>>aeob/durendil/saurian>giant/vamphyr/faefolk(fast)>>>>>>>>human/drow(most horrible)
vit regen is also race based, but not really important it's fast enough as it is, faefolk (ultra fast)>>>>>>>durendil>drow>human/wolfin>dwarf>>giant/drake

Made some further tests with the skills gained per level, and it's correlated to the multiplier bonuses from each races/classes.
ie : at lvl9 barrower sage (0.8x multiplier) gained arround 80-100 skill points while aeorb sage (2x multiplier) gained 160-200 skill points

here is the list for the multiplier http://www.mediafire.com/file/v96h0l5e1zxptbz/rolls.rtf (view in landscape mode)

Last edited:

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Lady Error
How did you get past those lava inside Dominion Caverns on Blackspike Mountain?

I didn't. I saw someone selling Fireboots, I think in the Kublai marketplace. Maybe those will help or it needs to be combined with Rings Pro Fire. Or something different.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Still stuck... tried to use it on the magic lock in the vault, but nothing happened. What do I do with it?

Where do little birds like to be? Where did you find the egg?

Put the machine toy in the nest in the Eryie.

Grimlorn

Arcane
Made some tests about stats while waiting for manual (might not be 100% accurate) :

DEV = +mana
CON = +vitality

hp is class based
hp regen is fixed at 10% per current hp (not max hp), might be a race ticking rate speed, but almost not noticable (feyfolk seems to regen slower)
mana regen is race based, tick faster for certains races : dwarf/wolfin(ultra mega fast lol)>>>>>>>>>>aeob/durendil/saurian>giant/vamphyr/faefolk(fast)>>>>>>>>human/drow(most horrible)
vit regen is also race based, but not really important it's fast enough as it is, faefolk (ultra fast)>>>>>>>durendil>drow>human/wolfin>dwarf>>giant/drake

Made some further tests with the skills gained per level, and it's correlated to the multiplier bonuses from each races/classes.
ie : barrower sage (0.8x multiplier) gained arround 80-100 skill points while aeorb sage (2x multiplier) gained 160-200 skill points

here is the list for the multiplier http://www.mediafire.com/file/v96h0l5e1zxptbz/rolls.rtf (view in landscape mode)
Is it level based then? No stat increases the amount of skill points you gain per level? I understand the multiplier just not what governs the base number you get before it's multiplied by 1.0 or 0.8 and so on.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
That Ahriman is strange. First he wants to rob me. Then he banish me to Oblivion. Now he is just talking and answering my questions.

Maybe that guy is unstable? :lol: First he was nice to me, then he demanded the (redacted), then attacked me.

Viata

Arcane
Lady Error
How did you get past those lava inside Dominion Caverns on Blackspike Mountain?

I didn't. I saw someone selling Fireboots, I think in the Kublai marketplace. Maybe those will help or it needs to be combined with Rings Pro Fire. Or something different.
Yeah, Fireboots worked here. But it's a charged item, so need to use it instead of wearing it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom