Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Grimoire gameplay and hints thread

Discussion in 'Golden Era Games' started by JarlFrank, Aug 4, 2017.

1. Viata Arcane

Viata
    Show Spoiler
    Yeah, Fireboots worked here. But it's a charged item, so need to use it instead of wearing it.

• Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. osefmarcher Literate

osefmarcher
    No stat increase skill gained, skill gained is the same roll each time multiplied by the bonuses from each races/classes

^ Top  
  3. JarlFrank I like Thief THIS much Patron

JarlFrank
    Secret Lab of the Warrior-Magus of Esoteric RPGism
    Having started in the forest, I of course had access to the Shrine of the Raptor.

Now, in the
    Show Spoiler
    Exemplar Vault you enter with the owl's key
    , I found a teleport back to the Shrine of the Raptor, and I wonder whether that is availble to people with different starts too or not.

^ Top  
  4. Invictus Arcane The Real Fanboy

Invictus
    Divinity: Original Sin 2
    I still dont know how to solve it.... Or how to open the skull door in the baths

^ Top  
  5. Viata Arcane

Viata
    Lady Error
    Show Spoiler
    How you opened the Mandarin's first door(underground)? Using knock knock crashes the game, can't force neither lockpick it.

Edit: Found it.
    Show Spoiler
    Killed that annoying Lieutenant

Last edited: Aug 10, 2017
    ^ Top  
  6. Rpguy Cipher

Rpguy
    Which skills are responsible for spell choices? ( which skills do I need to increase in order to get new spells? )

^ Top  
  7. Tigranes Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Tigranes
    Serpent in the Staglands Torment: Tides of Numenera
    It's just level-based, I think?

• Agree Agree x 3
    ^ Top  
  8. JarlFrank I like Thief THIS much Patron

JarlFrank
    Go to the locked skull door in the catacombs, you should have a key to open it (or already did). Use the look command in there and you will receive a poem in your journal, that has the clues how to solve the device in the museum.

The gate in the baths will be opened from the other side later on. You need to do other things first.

• Salute Salute x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. mondblut Arcane

mondblut
    It teleports into the portion available to everyone, right next to the entrance.

^ Top  
  10. mondblut Arcane

mondblut
    The "level" skill.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. mondblut Arcane

mondblut
    OTOH, it seems one of mental stats does affect skill gain rate for some skills that develop with use. When I was grinding climbing, my spellcasters used every climb to raise the skill, quickly maxing it. The less intellectually developed dwarven berserker and wolfin ranger were at around 50 by that moment, and it took them twice as many attempts to max it. By the time they did, my dumb as a brick saurian was under 40, I spent 3 times as much time grinding him alone, and gave up at about 80. He only increased in, like, 1 out of 8 climbs.

Curiously, this is not true for swimming, everyone learns it at equal rate and finishes simultaneously.

^ Top  
  12. Rpguy Cipher

Rpguy
    So what does the necromancy/Litany skills do anyway? I thought they enhance cleric/necromancer spells, the description in game doesn't tell me much

^ Top  
  13. mondblut Arcane

mondblut
    Probably max spell power and the chance to cast reliably?

^ Top  
  14. Rpguy Cipher

Rpguy
    I saw that Assassins learn necromancer spells at level 3+ but they don't even have the necromancy skill so I am not sure that's true

^ Top  
  15. Grimlorn Arcane

Grimlorn
    What race class casters do you have? What sticks out to me is possible low intelligence on wolfin, dwarf, and especially Saurian. They also have low Metabolism but so does Aeorb and I'm assuming you have one of those as a caster.

^ Top  
  16. Invictus Arcane The Real Fanboy

Invictus
    Divinity: Original Sin 2
    Yeah I got that but the clues are simply beyond me... I thought some of the puzzles on Wizardry 7 were kind of vague but this takes the cake

^ Top  
  17. Lady Error Arcane Literally Hitler

Lady Error
    Viata

Show Spoiler
    Did you find the combinations for the chests in the SE Vanguard building in Kublai and the one in the Saurian cave?

Also, did you get to the Titan Lake on the other side of the small lake? I wonder if there is another mode of transportation there or if it's necessary to simply swim the second lake.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2017
    ^ Top  
  18. Lady Error Arcane Literally Hitler

Lady Error
    Have you crossed the Samhain gorge? Because that needs to come first anyway.

The solution to the puzzle with the machine:

Show Spoiler
    1. Crush the egg you got in the Eyrie by using the machine in deepsink project.

2. Read the inscriptions in the catacombs. Then open your journal and click on catacombs and then on the bottom left on the recorded clues. Notice which words that apear in that catacomb clue also appear on the buttons in the machine in the Museum of Magic and enter them in that sequence.

3. Put the omelett and the egg that comes out together and then put that back into the machine.

4. Take the result of that to the nest in the Eyrie.

• Salute Salute x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. Viata Arcane

Viata
    Show Spoiler
    I have not found any single combination for any chest yet. Also, I don't have a map for Saurian cave, what is the name?
    Titan lake would be Loch Titan? If so, there is a secret passage on Loch Lalain with a Harpie woman there, she need a book to sing for you. She will get the transportation you need to cross the waters. If not, I have not gone there where you are yet.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. Stabwound Arcane

Stabwound
    So, I figured out the Cenotaph by trial and error, but was there an in-game answer to the part with the:

Show Spoiler
    Putting the dead rat and using the wand thing in the alcove?

^ Top  
  21. Lady Error Arcane Literally Hitler

Lady Error
    Show Spoiler
    The Saurian cave has one of the tablets. It's what the whole generator activation in Waterport is for - it drains the cavern underneath. Then there is a well there that you can use to descend into the cave.

And yeah, Loch Titan. When you take that thingie over the first lake to the other side, there is a dark cavern there that you can cross to a second lake.

^ Top  
  22. Haba Harbinger of Decline Patron

Haba
    Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
    SuperID the bane.

Also, LOOKing at the book you find was supposed to give a hint.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. JarlFrank I like Thief THIS much Patron

JarlFrank
    So there's an enemy called Marshlight that can drain your characters' food bar. The status will say "X is starving!" but does it actually do anything?

^ Top  
  24. JarlFrank I like Thief THIS much Patron

JarlFrank
    Apparently this doesn't do anything. Defeated the enemy, rested, food bar filled up to 100% on its own.

• Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  
  25. A600 Educated

A600
    Yes, Cleve removed it:

^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)