Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grimoire gameplay and hints thread

Viata

Arcane
The Saurian cave has one of the tablets. It's what the whole generator activation in Waterport is for - it drains the cavern underneath. Then there is a well there that you can use to descend into the cave.

And yeah, Loch Titan. When you take that thingie over the first lake to the other side, there is a dark cavern there that you can cross to a second lake.
I remember now. The place with those lizarmen right? I was one-hit-kill by those spears before because I was too weak, going there now to take the tablet, thanks.
The "boat" cross those parts too.

Sherry

Arcane
Hi!

tu friend for that information it is good to know and tu for not spoiling me on my other questions as I took some time away with a few drinks and am now over my head with Hobknob combat and have hit a wall right now I hope another bottle will get me through this annoyance or I find something in my inventory to destory this eight-legged little (#$*!

What did you do?

Play the Slumber Lyre with a Bard. It may be a bit like cheating for now, but I think it's okay if nothing else helps. Or if you do not have a Bard, play the Slumber Lyre by having one of the characters use it directly from the inventory.

Hi Lady Error!

well what a little $(*# Hobknob was the other night but today after a nice sleep and waking up refreshed it went well with the Slumber Lyre and using the spell Slow to cut the knob's attacks down and no one died so since then I have killed the Black Lich and found the bones of the Monk and am exploring the mining company and found a dark tunnel!! :eek:

and I finally ran out of inventory space!

Thanks,
Sherry

Viata

Arcane
I just realized that right-clicking on the Magic Sack or Wizard Bag opens a 4x4 grid of squares where items can be placed. However, when I try place a key in the Wizard Bag or a magic item in the Magic Sack, the grid simply closes when I left-click on one of the squares in the grid (and right-clicking does nothing). I assume I'm missing something obvious.
You find more sacks, barrel and chest for them. They hold only some kind of item. Magic sack accept scribes, for example, so you can't place a key in them.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I just realized that right-clicking on the Magic Sack or Wizard Bag opens a 4x4 grid of squares where items can be placed. However, when I try place a key in the Wizard Bag or a magic item in the Magic Sack, the grid simply closes when I left-click on one of the squares in the grid (and right-clicking does nothing). I assume I'm missing something obvious.

You have to pick up the item you want to place in the container with a left click, right click on the container while the item is selected, then place it on one of the slots.

John Keel

Savant
There is a wiki ppl, try to help filling it !!

Too many infos scattered across the web/threads it's a pita to track !

Cleve as usual is in total tunnel vision syndrome mode trying to fix (or break?) some shit that don't matter in the slightest .... so the manual is probably a long time away ! (And I bet it's going to a fucking weird/useless one going by the description of it .... )

http://grimoire.wiki

Btw, who's the owner of this wiki?

ps: hi Dex'

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
You have to pick up the item you want to place in the container with a left click, right click on the container while the item is selected, then place it on one of the slots.
Right, that's what I'm trying, but the grid of slots closes whenever I try to place an item in a slot (by left-clicking with the item held over a slot).

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Then it's not the right item. Wizard bags can only hold magic items like potions, wands and scrolls, scroll cases can only hold scrolls, and later on you will find burlap sacks that hold everything except for essential items (those are, apparently, forever stuck in your inventory).

Danthar

Novice
Is it level based then? No stat increases the amount of skill points you gain per level? I understand the multiplier just not what governs the base number you get before it's multiplied by 1.0 or 0.8 and so on.

No stat increase skill gained, skill gained is the same roll each time multiplied by the bonuses from each races/classes

OTOH, it seems one of mental stats does affect skill gain rate for some skills that develop with use. When I was grinding climbing, my spellcasters used every climb to raise the skill, quickly maxing it. The less intellectually developed dwarven berserker and wolfin ranger were at around 50 by that moment, and it took them twice as many attempts to max it. By the time they did, my dumb as a brick saurian was under 40, I spent 3 times as much time grinding him alone, and gave up at about 80. He only increased in, like, 1 out of 8 climbs.

Curiously, this is not true for swimming, everyone learns it at equal rate and finishes simultaneously.

Yes, read somewhere INT increases chances of skill levelup on success and WIS increases chances of skill levelup on failure, but... I myself have never seen a skill levelup on failure (but then, haven't done much other than fighting yet).

Viata

Arcane
Then it's not the right item. Wizard bags can only hold magic items like potions, wands and scrolls, scroll cases can only hold scrolls, and later on you will find burlap sacks that hold everything except for essential items (those are, apparently, forever stuck in your inventory).
You can remove essential items. On configuration, select none for Critical Item Lock.

John Keel

Savant
The bags/containers are hand-placed loot or drop at random too ?!

I've only found a scroll case yet (9 slots i think?) ...

John Keel

Savant
The bags/containers are hand-placed loot or drop at random too ?!

I've only found a scroll case yet (9 slots i think?) ...
Hand-placed loot.

Any locations you remember/know of ?!

With the inventory as it is it would probably help a buckload of ppl !

I know I'm rambling, but HELP WITH THE WIKI GUYS !

We obviously can't count on Cleve to release a proper manual ...

And even in the unlikely case he does release it, it's gonna be bugged to death ( His master plan is to release it as an executable .....)

Dexter

Arcane
I'm Updating my Steam Guide thingie as I go along, I took a longer break to see how the Savegame situation develops and that was the right move given what happened to 1.2.0.7 but I added some more areas and some Info on Talking to NPCs and Lockpicking, you can take a look over it and see if I missed shit (likely) and can transfer any Info to the Wiki if you like: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1102535369

John Keel

Savant
I'm Updating my Steam Guide thingie as I go along, I took a longer break to see how the Savegame situation develops and that was the right move given what happened to 1.2.0.7 but I added some more areas and some Info on Talking to NPCs and Lockpicking, you can take a look over it and see if I missed shit (likely) and can transfer any Info to the Wiki if you like: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1102535369
That's nice of you I def will, but you shouldn't give Steam free traffic/content !

Giant Dwarf

Literate
could someone give me a hint? so far I've

done the egg-> owl thing, gotten the key from him and cleared (as far as i know) all 3 tombs from the gardens of midknight

I know of 3 closed doors, one in the sacred pools and 2 in the armory, and have no clue how to open them

collection of quest items: knightley catechism, mistrals letter, bane of hobknob, outrigger harness, royal seal of loogmar, museum ticket, key of the exemplar, stepping stones

I feel like i'm missing something really obvious..

Sam Bixby

Educated
Ok I just used the editor to test class changing, I made a lv 10 metalsmith and changed him into a pirate and I'm missing some of the skills like Robbery and Sorcery. You still get the spells when you hit lv 6 for Sorcery but you can't seem to up these skills.

Is this a bug or are these skills somewhere else, because they are not in the skill list.

Giant Dwarf

Literate
could someone give me a hint? so far I've

done the egg-> owl thing, gotten the key from him and cleared (as far as i know) all 3 tombs from the gardens of midknight

I know of 3 closed doors, one in the sacred pools and 2 in the armory, and have no clue how to open them

collection of quest items: knightley catechism, mistrals letter, bane of hobknob, outrigger harness, royal seal of loogmar, museum ticket, key of the exemplar, stepping stones

I feel like i'm missing something really obvious..

nvm i figured it out

they should have called it the floating stones or something

Grimlorn

Arcane
Ok I just used the editor to test class changing, I made a lv 10 metalsmith and changed him into a pirate and I'm missing some of the skills like Robbery and Sorcery. You still get the spells when you hit lv 6 for Sorcery but you can't seem to up these skills.

Is this a bug or are these skills somewhere else, because they are not in the skill list.
Did you keep metallurgy and your points in it after switching classes? Wonder if you lose skills and points invested in them or not.

Sam Bixby

Educated

Did you keep metallurgy and your points in it after switching classes? Wonder if you lose skills and points invested in them or not.
You keep all skills and the points put in them, that's just it you don't get any of the new skills from the class change and this seems to be a bug that no one has talked about because it takes so damn long to get to lv 10 and class change.

I hope when more people get higher in this game there will be more info on this because I don't see this nothing more then a bug.

Sherry

Arcane
Hi!

gosh there is something I have missed along mthe adventure I am on so I do not know what is going ton but I am stuck and need your help!

check out ehs aospiler for infor!

kk I corssed the chasm with the fixed harness okay but at the other end is a burnt out lantern and I do not iknot how to fix it. I have been everywhere you have already been so someone must know what I have to used plz help your favorite mousey!!!

missed something somewhere and do not know where it is I missed it but there are three dials for moon, sun, star, lightning that may or may not turn on the light. I read all my area information and came up empty. I don't know where I turned into a failure :(

Thanks,
Sherry

Last edited:

mondblut

Arcane
Yes, read somewhere INT increases chances of skill levelup on success and WIS increases chances of skill levelup on failure, but... I myself have never seen a skill levelup on failure (but then, haven't done much other than fighting yet).

I saw my guy increasing weaponskill while missing. But that was against fairies who are immune to non-magical weapons, so maybe he did not truly miss in terms of attack roll.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom