Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grimoire gameplay and hints thread

mondblut

Arcane
kk I corssed the chasm with the fixed harness okay but at the other end is a burnt out lantern and I do not iknot how to fix it. I have been everywhere you have already been so someone must know what I have to used plz help your favorite mousey!!!

Look at the wall.

mondblut

Arcane
I know of 3 closed doors, one in the sacred pools and 2 in the armory, and have no clue how to open them

All these open from the other side. One of armory gates is from the Imprisoned start. The other two can be accessed from behind later on.

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual
Ok I just used the editor to test class changing, I made a lv 10 metalsmith and changed him into a pirate and I'm missing some of the skills like Robbery and Sorcery. You still get the spells when you hit lv 6 for Sorcery but you can't seem to up these skills.

Is this a bug or are these skills somewhere else, because they are not in the skill list.

I hid skills you haven't learned, even tho you can tweak the numbers. I think I'll change it so it shows all skills....Not in today's version, but in the next.

Zep--

mondblut

Arcane
What race class casters do you have? What sticks out to me is possible low intelligence on wolfin, dwarf, and especially Saurian. They also have low Metabolism but so does Aeorb and I'm assuming you have one of those as a caster.

Aeorb sage (obviously), Feyfolk necro and bard, duren templar, drake smith. They all finished about the same time.

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
New Version of DECLINE. All Features Tested and working with 1.2.0.12-R (partially works with other versions)

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BwWbO4WjDecjXzM3aDNDSUVFTDA

Death Toggle added...kill (check the checkbox) or revive (uncheck the checkbox)
Added Quest Items via the Equipment SLOT Hack should work now (Only tested with Owl Figurine...so....)

Please report any problems you discover in the dedicated DECLINE thread...

Zep--

loborco

Literate
I litterally just made this account cause this game is driving me crazy.

Just a simple question:

Where is the chain I can use the fixed harness ok!?

*goes back bashing the head against the monitor*

Viata

Arcane
Vorpal Blade is broken as fuck cursed weapon.

Just a simple question:

Ukluk Company level. NW.

loborco

Literate

Just a simple question:

Ukluk Company level. NW.

Yeah. I think I got it. Sadly.
I need the crest but I already combined it to make the seal. Tried to hack the crest in my inventory via GrimHack but as soon as I use it (even after having drop it and take it back again) the game crashes :(

But thanks though <3

Sam Bixby

Educated
Ok I just used the editor to test class changing, I made a lv 10 metalsmith and changed him into a pirate and I'm missing some of the skills like Robbery and Sorcery. You still get the spells when you hit lv 6 for Sorcery but you can't seem to up these skills.

Is this a bug or are these skills somewhere else, because they are not in the skill list.

I hid skills you haven't learned, even tho you can tweak the numbers. I think I'll change it so it shows all skills....Not in today's version, but in the next.

Zep--
I only changed the xp amount in the editor, I changed the class in game.

Would that still hide skills?

Haru

Savant
What reply did you give to speak to Captain Krone? When I click the window, a "how do reply" prompt pops and the door is locked

Edit: Nvm, figured it out.

Last edited:

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Then it's not the right item. Wizard bags can only hold magic items like potions, wands and scrolls, scroll cases can only hold scrolls, and later on you will find burlap sacks that hold everything except for essential items (those are, apparently, forever stuck in your inventory).
Right, the description of one of the two bags/sacks in my possession says it takes keys, but in fact they both accept magic items only and work perfectly fine at that.

And it seems I missed that scroll case that's been mentioned multiple times in this thread. :argh:

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer

Zep--
I only changed the xp amount in the editor, I changed the class in game.

Would that still hide skills?

Not sure. You may have to learn the skill somewhere....anyway, next version will show all skills in your skill list in game. Even if you haven't learned them.

Zep--

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Yes, read somewhere INT increases chances of skill levelup on success and WIS increases chances of skill levelup on failure, but... I myself have never seen a skill levelup on failure (but then, haven't done much other than fighting yet).

I saw my guy increasing weaponskill while missing. But that was against fairies who are immune to non-magical weapons, so maybe he did not truly miss in terms of attack roll.

Climbing increases even when you fall down, so it's possible. It's actually very fast to train climbing when you can cast Featherfall.

Just a simple question:

Ukluk Company level. NW.

Yeah. I think I got it. Sadly.
I need the crest but I already combined it to make the seal. Tried to hack the crest in my inventory via GrimHack but as soon as I use it (even after having drop it and take it back again) the game crashes :(

But thanks though <3

If you already combined the King Loogmar coin and the Necklace you got from Smithers, then you don't need the harness anymore. In fact, it's impossible to combine the two unless you already used the harness in NW Ukluk to get the thing for Smithers, for which he gives you the necklace.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Viata Haba

Where is the Kublai Cathedral located? I can't find it in the city.

Haba, can you open the doors in Kublai that you need to lockpick? For me and Viata they are broken, probably a bug.

Also, did either of you figure out how to free the NPC Dragon in the zoo?

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Regarding one talking ent...

I explore Hive, kill Wasp Empress
Talk to Knok-Knok, get told I should kill the wasp queen
But queen is dead?

Reload

Knok-Knok tells me to "kill the hive queen"
I kill the Wasp Empress
No result

HALP!

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron

Viata

Arcane
Viata Haba

Where is the Kublai Cathedral located? I can't find it in the city.

Haba, can you open the doors in Kublai that you need to lockpick? For me and Viata they are broken, probably a bug.

Also, did either of you figure out how to free the NPC Dragon in the zoo?
Kublai Cathedral is the map on the right side of Kublai city, NW in Royal Park. Also, when you enter there, there is a woman, Morraha. Because I didn't have Mindreader at the time, I didn't know what to ask her. Now that I have, I can't find her anywhere. Do ask her about the palace, how to enter it(or Skulheim) and tell me how(if she knows).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom