Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grimoire gameplay and hints thread

Nixheb

Arcane
Well, I found in Gideon Reservoir the
mirror of reflekshun
but I already
killed the bad guy in his tower of observation
Is it usefull for something else ? My inventory is vomiting critical items...

mondblut

Arcane
...a bookcase? :lol:

it should take in scrolls and parchments at least. who carries around 16 spellbooks? OTOH, a single scrollcase is direly insufficient.

ukdouble1

Educated
So, what is the answer to the Reaver on Waterport?
I tried COLLECT POSSESSIONS, MY HOUSE, LOOTING, ITEMS... and nothing.
I try about hour, but no luck. I try even
"we are citizen", "we was evacuated" and so on.
If you has answer now, wright it, please.

Filthy Sauce

Arbiter
huh. Forgive me if this has been mentioned before. Just started a new party at the default briarpatch woods location. While resting, I got some sort of special encounter/text about a bad sleep because someone was laying on a pointy stick and then it was added to my inventory.

s6qNVWf.jpg

It has 32 charges, goes in the main weapon slot and causes blindness (very clever, Cleve)

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
That bookcase shows up too late, imo. By that point your spell casters can read them easily.
On the other hand, it would have made sense for a bookcase to be the culmination of the party's escalating tendency to grab items for the purpose of using them to contain other items, even though it wouldn't be useful by that point.

Speaking of which, do we have a full list of all containers in Grimoire? In my game, I found:
Magic Sack - Wizard's Sky Barge
Wizard Bag - Samhain Underworld
Quest Locker - Kublai Axis
Potion Rack - Kublai Axis
Huntsman's Quarrel - Gaol Sewers
Canvas Sack - City of Waterport
Pantry - H.M.S. Intrepid
All Purpose Barrel - Lower Berth of the Snark
Quest Pouch - Sargasso of the Kraken
Bookcase - Imperial Palace
Barding Kit - Ruins of Gideon
Jewelry Box - Chasm of the Oracle
Snakeskin Pouch - 3rd Coil

I know I missed a scrollcase somewhere. :argh:

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
That bookcase shows up too late, imo. By that point your spell casters can read them easily.
On the other hand, it would have made sense for a bookcase to be the final culmination of the party's escalating tendency to grab items for the purpose of using them to contain other items, even though it wouldn't be useful by that point.

Speaking of which, do we have a full list of all containers in Grimoire? In my game, I found:
Pantry - H.M.S. Intrepid

The Scroll case is the first one you find way before any of these

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
On the other hand, it would have made sense for a bookcase to be the culmination of the party's escalating tendency to grab items for the purpose of using them to contain other items, even though it wouldn't be useful by that point.

Pantry - H.M.S. Intrepid

Found it,
The scroll case is in the spirt caves , north most tile on the map , on a skeleton

ukdouble1

Educated
A few small questions accumulated.
Perk keys are used only in the Samhain Mausoleum, if I opened all the chests there, they are no longer needed?
My thief has one-handed sword or dagger in one hand, and a buckler in the other. If she receives an additional attack, this attack is not used, although, if instead of buckler in the left hand give her darts, she will throw them in case of an additional attack. But the berserker (both in the berserker mode and in the usual mode) with a one-handed ax and shield, receiving additional attacks, does not lose them. What's the catch?
After some events about Harradan Groves, I noticed that my characters forever decreased his primary stats by 1-3 points. Is this the result of someone's special attack?

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
There is the hidden chest with a Cosmic Gate book in Zephyr Isles.
It's on that strange rocky patch of ground, SW island.
Heal Nick and ask him about pirates again.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Perk keys are used only in the Samhain Mausoleum, if I opened all the chests there, they are no longer needed?

Yes.

My thief has one-handed sword or dagger in one hand, and a buckler in the other. If she receives an additional attack, this attack is not used, although, if instead of buckler in the left hand give her darts, she will throw them in case of an additional attack. But the berserker (both in the berserker mode and in the usual mode) with a one-handed ax and shield, receiving additional attacks, does not lose them. What's the catch?

How do you know his extra attacks are not used? He should simply use the primary weapon with them.

After some events about Harradan Groves, I noticed that my characters forever decreased his primary stats by 1-3 points. Is this the result of someone's special attack?

Sounds more like a bug if it's true or some druids there have attribute draining abilities.

mondblut

Arcane

Pantry - H.M.S. Intrepid

There is a ring pouch somewhere.

Where is potion rack specifically?

ukdouble1

Educated
Thx.
How do you know his extra attacks are not used? He should simply use the primary weapon with them.
I read the battle log. In the case of a thief, after reporting an additional attack, there is always a message about the actions of the next character. In the case of a berserker, after reporting an additional attack, a report of its results is given.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
I read the battle log. In the case of a thief, after reporting an additional attack, there is always a message about the actions of the next character. In the case of a berserker, after reporting an additional attack, a report of its results is given.

Sounds like a bug.

What attributes were decreased permanently in Harradan Groves and by how much? Was it only the front line people or others as well?

ukdouble1

Educated
What attributes were decreased permanently in Harradan Groves and by how much? Was it only the front line people or others as well?
My mag (standing in the third row) lost 1 strength, my ranger lost 3 speeds (stands in the second row). Probably, I have not noticed any losses. I noticed this not immediately, and I have no more old save files to compare.

zeitgeist

Magister
Where exactly is
the Key Of The Domain (that opens Grendel's gate)
located? I already found it once (I distinctly remember seeing its name in-game) but I either dropped it while reshuffling the inventory or I loaded a save where I didn't have it or something, and now that I'm at the actual gate it's nowhere to be found.

I tried Locate Items on all floors with no results so I think it might have despawned at some point (I'm not sure if it would show it even if it's still in the original chest? IIRC it was in some chest, wasn't it?).

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom