Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Grimoire gameplay and hints thread

Discussion in 'Golden Era Games' started by JarlFrank, Aug 4, 2017.

1. zeitgeist Magister

zeitgeist
    Where exactly is
    Show Spoiler
    the Key Of The Domain (that opens Grendel's gate)
    located? I already found it once (I distinctly remember seeing its name in-game) but I either dropped it while reshuffling the inventory or I loaded a save where I didn't have it or something, and now that I'm at the actual gate it's nowhere to be found.

I tried Locate Items on all floors with no results so I think it might have despawned at some point (I'm not sure if it would show it even if it's still in the original chest? IIRC it was in some chest, wasn't it?).

Last edited: Aug 29, 2017
    ^ Top  
  2. Fowyr Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Fowyr
    Most SW part of Way of the Elders, located behind closable pit.

^ Top  
  3. ukdouble1 Educated

ukdouble1
    I stole
    Show Spoiler
    druid burnoose
    from Morgana. Now, if I give her any tablets, she screams that she was robbed. If I give her this hood, she talks about him. If I sell it to her, and then give any tablets, she still cries about the theft. She is neutral, charm and offerings do not help, she refuses to talk on many topics. Somehow it is possible to improve a relationship with her?

^ Top  
  4. zeitgeist Magister

zeitgeist
    Of course, I somehow convinced myself it was in one of the chests on the earlier floors so I didn't even try to Detect Item on that one. Thank you!

^ Top  
  5. Kayerts Arcane

Kayerts
    A lot of NPCs have scripted sequences in which they give the party items, and if they don't have the item in question when that interaction is triggered, they abort the sequence and get angry. Potentially, this can mean you miss content. In this case, it's fine.
    Show Spoiler

Morgana's sole function beyond flavor text is to give you the burnoose, which lets you skip one encounter in the barrow caverns. If she gets angry with you, you aren't missing much.

Yep.

^ Top  
  6. ukdouble1 Educated

ukdouble1
    Thx.
    She answered many questions, "I do not want to discuss this with you," and I thought that she had a big quest line.
    Show Spoiler
    I had the impression that she could do something with a werewolf hunter, and that somehow one could learn to use his trait ("a mark of the beast").

^ Top  
  7. Zed Duke of Banville Zo Kath Ra Patron

Zed Duke of Banville
    Not sure, but I obtained it later than the Quest Locker, so it must have been behind a locked door that I didn't open on my initial exploration of Kublai Axis.

Which area is the ring pouch located in?

^ Top  
  8. Kayerts Arcane

Kayerts
    Her script file doesn't seem to mention anything about that, for what it's worth.

^ Top  
  9. mondblut Arcane

mondblut
    I opened everything there, and had locate item cast over every area... no rack.

Don't remember :negative: Either dominion exemplar/somewhere around blackspike mtn area, or around Kublai Axis, or around Nerukruel pyramid (maybe temple of hathor sogg even). After treasure box and before quiver and bookcase, definitely. Wasn't in Skulheim, Gideon area, or seas past the chariot arrival.

^ Top  
  10. zeitgeist Magister

zeitgeist
    I have the ring pouch and the Nerukruel Pyramid was the first place I went to after getting down from Lalain Falls, so it's either in it or directly on the way there.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. Zed Duke of Banville Zo Kath Ra Patron

Zed Duke of Banville
    The assay function tells me the Potion Rack was obtained in Kublai Axis. I suppose it's possible that I had placed the Potion Rack on the ground in Kublai Axis and then picked it up again, which would cause the assay function to replace the Potion Rack's original location with Kublai Axis, but there's no reason I would have done so and I can't remember doing so (whether for the Potion Rack or any other container). Perhaps it's a bug causing Kublai Axis to be listed instead of the actual location where I obtained it. :M

^ Top  
  12. iqzulk Savant

iqzulk
    Does it look like a green cube? If so, you acquire it at the academy, where
    Show Spoiler
    zombification of recruits
    takes place.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. zeitgeist Magister

zeitgeist
    What's the Quest Pouch supposed to be for? It doesn't seem to let me put any obvious quest-related items (like tablets) in it.

edit: so far it only let me put Stuffed Parrot and Eyepatch in it, but not the Tricorne

• :M :M x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. PEACH Learned

PEACH
    Quest pouch seems to be another bag for putting items in. I assumed it was a pouch for quest items (critical) as well but now I think it's a pouch for when you're questing. If you change the settings you can put critical items in bags probably (?) but I haven't tried it.

Unrelated, has anyone got the Arcane spell Recharge to work? Sounds like it's supposed to replenish item charges but when I cast it nothing happens / it doesn't prompt me to select an item. Do I need to equip an item with charges?

^ Top  
  15. Fowyr Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Fowyr
    Currently it just doesn't work. Like some other spells. According to description, Cerebral shield should be castable on any character. Also message that it is not "casted" but "invoked".

^ Top  
  16. ukdouble1 Educated

ukdouble1
    If a berserker holds one-handed weapons in each hand, then, after getting an additional attack, he will strike with a weaker weapon in the off-hand.
    If a berserker holds a one-handed weapon in one hand and a shield in the other, then, after getting an additional attack, he will attack with main, more powerful weapon, not to mention that he is better protected at the same time.
    WTF?
    I can not find an academy, the key to which is taken from
    Show Spoiler
    the lieutenant.
    Read the posts about north-west of Kublai Axis, but did not find anything. Maybe, empty small building with 5 cells, the lockpicking of doors on which the lieutenant does not interfere, is this academy?

Last edited: Sep 2, 2017
    ^ Top  
  17. ukdouble1 Educated

ukdouble1
    But I think that the academy is a large corner building in the NW of the city. But the key to it does not fit.

^ Top  
  18. mondblut Arcane

mondblut
    The key is to the vault. I was adviced to use knock-knock to get into the academy (and the warehouse), which indeed does the trick.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. ukdouble1 Educated

ukdouble1
    There are 2 key looted from
    Show Spoiler
    corpse - vault key and academy key. If all 3 quests completed, he gives only one key - from the academy.
    But i can only lockpick acadeny (building with zombies) door, academy key dont unlock this door.

^ Top  
  20. mondblut Arcane

mondblut
    Ah, no, the academy is the building in center (w/Ethergate to Crowl and sewers exit), the door he initially is encountered at. The NW building is shock troops inductment center, and there is no key to it to my knowledge, nor for the warehouse on west-center.

^ Top  
  21. ukdouble1 Educated

ukdouble1
    Does anyone know what can be done with the djinn in the bottle?

For wiki

Zephyr Cola + Cure lt. condition = Stone to Flesh

Zephyr Cola + Amaranth = Cure Paralysis

Zephyr Cola + Black Lotus = neutralize poison

Zephyr Cola + Burning oil = super burning oil

Valerian Root + archangelicus = bag of sparkles

Valerian Root + blood tamarinde = neutralize poison

Valerian Root + bitter tuber = Cure Paralysis

Valerian Root + black rose = Cure Heavy Wounds

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. railway Educated

railway
    Beat the game but there's still some unfinished business.

Entropy:
    Show Spoiler
    I found both an Entropy Sword and an Entropy Axe. They cannot be equipped and their description implies someone is trapped inside them waiting to be saved. Is there anything you can do with them?

Moravia:
    Show Spoiler
    @felipepe's map shows a teleport connection from Samhain Gorge to "Ramparts of Moravia" but I can't find such a thing. Am I mising something?
    There's a discussion on the Steam forums implying you can enter Moravia without the key from the special starting location somehow.

Refugee of the Ancients:
    Show Spoiler
    Same here: On the Steam forums is a post by Cleve himself implying you might be able to aquire the Key of the Ancients without choosing the corresponding starting location somehow. I know you can wish for any of the three special keys from the djinn and maybe that's what he meant but is there any other way?

^ Top  
  23. Haba Harbinger of Decline Patron

Haba
    Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
    RE: Key of the Ancients

Show Spoiler
    Rescue the princess or just steal/kill your key

RE: Moravia

Show Spoiler
    Teleportation man, you use the black obelisk thingie

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  24. railway Educated

railway
    Show Spoiler
    Oh, I see. Had a full party when I met the princess and she was one of the NPCs wandering off never to return after the first meeting. I assume you can steal the key from her as well? Stealing/killing the Khan gives me nothing. Something to do in a second playthough, I guess.

Show Spoiler
    Ugh, thank you, found it now. I was searching in Samhain Gorge like the quest compass map told me to. I did search all nearby areas except Samhain Underworld for some reason. :shittydog:

^ Top  
  25. PEACH Learned

PEACH
    Have a question about Singularity

Show Spoiler
    I found an hourglass and text on the wall that seems to imply I need to reverse time to get across the endless corridor. Problem is no one has enough invocation to use the hourglass.

Am I fucked or just misinterpreting what I need to do?

^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)