Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grimoire gameplay and hints thread

Monstrous Bat

Cipher
Where do I find Black Pierre after the initial encounter? I ended our conversation prematurely after joining his crew, and now I can't seem to find him (except by doing certain things that piss him off). Locate Person says he's still on the Snark Mistress, but I can't find him anywhere.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Yeah, Recharge works now - I tried it on the Caliburnus. Not sure sure how its charges are spent though. Seems like only particularly evil creatures trigger it or something.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Where do I find Black Pierre after the initial encounter? I ended our conversation prematurely after joining his crew, and now I can't seem to find him (except by doing certain things that piss him off). Locate Person says he's still on the Snark Mistress, but I can't find him anywhere.

After the initial encounter, they keep wandering around the map. Though usually it should be no problem running into them again.

mondblut

Arcane
Yeah, Recharge works now - I tried it on the Caliburnus. Not sure sure how its charges are spent though. Seems like only particularly evil creatures trigger it or something.

I always presumed it should be "invoked" like a wand of fireballs (but why would anybody use it for that purpose instead of hitting stuff with it?)

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2

I always presumed it should be "invoked" like a wand of fireballs (but why would anybody use it for that purpose instead of hitting stuff with it?)

Invoking spends them, as does hitting the enemies it has vs against.

In theory at least, but who knows if they get spent on every kill or whatever, too lazy to test.

Deleted Member 16721

Any way to play this in a 1080p fullscreen window? Doesn't seem to want to scale properly on my monitor. Any ideas?

Also, any way to make the text bigger? I can't read the spell descriptions, they are too tiny.

Last edited by a moderator:

Monstrous Bat

Cipher

After the initial encounter, they keep wandering around the map. Though usually it should be no problem running into them again.
That's what I thought at first, but in Pierre's case he never showed up no matter how much I wandered around the Snark.

Is there any downsides to just releasing Daisy and killing him? Will I miss out on important information or items?

Deleted Member 16721

How do I get someone to join if my party is full and it's the first time talking to the person?

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron

That's what I thought at first, but in Pierre's case he never showed up no matter how much I wandered around the Snark.

Is there any downsides to just releasing Daisy and killing him? Will I miss out on important information or items?

There was a similar bug with other NPC's. You should report it in the bugs thread on Steam.

And yeah, I killed him too and probably missed out on some of the pirate content. This time I plan to be friendly.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
How do I get someone to join if my party is full and it's the first time talking to the person?

You will be asked whom to dismiss from your party. Some NPC's will only join after you finished their quests. Simply right-click on a character and select the NPC joining option.

Gunnar

Arbiter
So I bumped the difficulty up to Superhero and I'm noticing that enemies are doing more damage, and I think I'm getting more enemies per group. Are there any other details known about the difficulty settings?

Deleted Member 16721

You will be asked whom to dismiss from your party. Some NPC's will only join after you finished their quests. Simply right-click on a character and select the NPC joining option.

I didn't notice any quest for Lil' Rosy. And right clicking didnt do anything, the only options were battle, bribe, something else.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
When you have an NPC encounter, right-click on the picture of one of your characters and there is an option there to recruit the NPC. Rosy doesn't have a quest and can be recruited right away. Coffergus, Raghilda, Gorlo and some others need to have their quests finished first.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
So I bumped the difficulty up to Superhero and I'm noticing that enemies are doing more damage, and I think I'm getting more enemies per group. Are there any other details known about the difficulty settings?

My guess is that the number of enemies per encounter changes. Though I haven't really noticed much of a difference playing on the second-highest difficulty now.

Deleted Member 16721

Oh, right click on the picture of your character. Got it. Thank ye!

SevenSidedDice

Learned
Does something like an upgraded thistle whistle exist?

Is there a way to inflict more damage with it? My Bard's music is at 100 and she usually deals ~20 damage per enemy.

I also have a suggestion. It would be incredible to have some kind of log with descriptions of every fight, level-up and objective completion throughout your journey. Reading it after completing the game would be incredible. You would be able to see the gradual progress of characters, their weaknesses subside, their professions change, them getting stronger, and more in the same vein. I wouldn't even mind if it was all auto-generated with a few lines and sentence structures repeated over and over.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron

The thistle whistle is based on the Shrill Sound spell - there are many other instruments based on other spells.

As to more programming for Cleve, I'm not sure if that's a good idea... ;)

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2

Is there a way to inflict more damage with it? My Bard's music is at 100 and she usually deals ~20 damage per enemy.

No. But since you won't find anything comparable that you can wield in off hand, you won't be replacing it either.

Late game bards suck. Unless you turn them into spell-casters or something else.

Comte

I just started this after coming back from vacation. Found some dungeon and gave my "important" oil statue to some wall and it opened up. I didn't need that statue did I? Also I found Rosy and hired here for my party.
Do I have to pay her 100 gold per day?

Comte

100 gold per day is nothing in the Grimoire economy.

Does she take her pay automatic?

Also here is my party is this ok?

Cleve a Wolf Ranger,
Darth Roxor a Giant Warrior,
Fluent a Naga Warrior,
Lady Error a Human Cleric
Comte a Human Sage,
Siveon a Aorb Wizard
Dorateen a Barrow Warrior

And I hired Rosy is this an alright starting party?

Comte

Grimoire-Team.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom