Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grimoire Thread

index.php

Arcane
Grimoire 1.2.0.80-R Update
4 May - GOLDEN ERA GAMES
This update features the "Spirit" bar (SPI) mechanics now working!

When you encounter a particularly evil or horrifying creature, each party member has to Save VS that monster's appearance with their DEVOTION attribute, which is really their courage in the presence of malevolence.

If they successfully save at the start of the encounter and their SPIRIT bar is kept at maximum, they will not have to save during combat against that creature again.

If they do not save they will begin to accumulate the FEAR condition and have to save each round once again for that monster. Their SPIRIT bar will continue dropping and their FEAR will increase, possibly incapacitating them.

There are several ways that a character's spirit can be restored. One of the most likely ways is to sleep in an identified "Haven" cell (marked as a red flag in the map when pressing the Haven button). The character can also have "Bless" or "Cerebral Shield" or "Miracle" spell cast on them during combat.

It is likely that this mechanic will undergo some adjustments by the time V2 is released but the underlying principles will remain unchanged. Some monsters may have their evil quotient adjusted in response to feedback.

Otherwise, once the SPIRIT bar has dropped, until it is restored the party member grows more fearful in the presence of evil monsters in every combat afterwards until their SPIRIT bar is restored to full.

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Steam:
Resolution issue still persist.

Does default to "1920 x 1080" in settings but it is just a slightly bigger 4 x 3 game screen than it use to be. I can get the game screen to fill the full vertical size of my screen by setting it to fill but it' still not widescreen format just bigger 4 x 3. That looks pretty good tha tway and it only has small black bars on either side. However, game is unplayable because doing that introduces the horrible mouse lag that has been complained about since launch. I then tried the same exact setttings but in "windowed" mode (uncheck full screen option) this then just causes the black screen which can only be fixed by deleting the config file.

GOLDEN ERA GAMES
[developer] 8 hours ago

I added the mouse speed adjustment in config menu to account for these problems with the refresh rate and movement speed. Try setting the mouse speed higher to fix this in the configuration menu.

Biggus

Scholar
Wait till you read the next posts on steam re the above.
Honestly, you couldn't make this shit up. Blakemore, crackerjack coder. lol

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
What Biggus is referring ( copy & paste is hard? ) is this:

Steam:
Sorry, I should have mentioned that earlier that I did try that. However, just to be sure I just did some more testing.

I first cranked it all the way up to super fast. That had no effect and the cursor was still delayed albeit I could just move the cursor faster.

Then I truned ti al lthe way down. Now my cursor moved super slow but still lag.

So in summary I can make this assumption. Your mouse speed setting mearly effects the speed at which I am able to move the cursor on the screen.

This is not a fix to the lag being mentioned. It merely effects how far behind I can make the cursor be to my mouse movements. The lag that in my expierence only happens when I apply the stretch to fit setting to try and make the game "full screen" is the lag from my input (moving the mouse) to your output as visaulized by the cursor on screen. Changing the speed at which I am able to move said cursor does not remedy this issue but mereley makes it more or less amusing.

Dorateen

Arcane
I'm liking the new spirit meter mechanic. Have encountered a few different enemies already that cause the fear effect on party members. When a phantom made our drow bard cower in terror at the start of a battle, it reminded me of Realms of Arkania where the elf had necrophobia as a negative attribute and could be paralyzed in combat against the undead.

This adds just another layer of intricacy to adventuring through Hyperborea. It's even more gratifying to discover those safe havens.

Last edited:

Brozef

Savant
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Grimoire 1.2.0.80-R Update
4 May - GOLDEN ERA GAMES
This update features the "Spirit" bar (SPI) mechanics now working!

When you encounter a particularly evil or horrifying creature, each party member has to Save VS that monster's appearance with their DEVOTION attribute, which is really their courage in the presence of malevolence.

If they successfully save at the start of the encounter and their SPIRIT bar is kept at maximum, they will not have to save during combat against that creature again.

If they do not save they will begin to accumulate the FEAR condition and have to save each round once again for that monster. Their SPIRIT bar will continue dropping and their FEAR will increase, possibly incapacitating them.

There are several ways that a character's spirit can be restored. One of the most likely ways is to sleep in an identified "Haven" cell (marked as a red flag in the map when pressing the Haven button). The character can also have "Bless" or "Cerebral Shield" or "Miracle" spell cast on them during combat.

It is likely that this mechanic will undergo some adjustments by the time V2 is released but the underlying principles will remain unchanged. Some monsters may have their evil quotient adjusted in response to feedback.

Otherwise, once the SPIRIT bar has dropped, until it is restored the party member grows more fearful in the presence of evil monsters in every combat afterwards until their SPIRIT bar is restored to full.

This sounds amazing. I can't wait for V2

turtlerideqds26.png

makchanka

Arbiter
Cleve is literally paranoid delusional. When someone's blog is full of shit like "9/11 was done by bigfoot," "Trump is a transgender cryptonigger. Have you ever seen Michelle Obama and Trump in the same place? No. You haven't," and "International Jewry controls the port-o-potty industry, which is why I only ever pull my shits out of my asshole with my fingers to mark my territory," it's no surprise when the person writing the shit can't handle the delusions anymore and their blog implodes.

Being a delusional sperg does make for interesting game design, however.

Bohr

Arcane
Tried to leave a comment on that page, which worked when I did it once before on his blog - it said commenting was "restricted to team members". What does that mean, Blogger/Google staff?

PhantasmaNL

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria
Cleveland Mark Blakemore look upon this "invitation" by Google as a badge of honor.

Google is trying to terminate everything on the web that shows signs of independent thought or is possibly a deviation from the desired narrative.

This Mega Purge WILL FAIL though. The narrative cannot be controlled anymore. That genie is permanently out of the bottle.

makchanka

Arbiter
Cleveland Mark Blakemore look upon this "invitation" by Google as a badge of honor.

Google is trying to terminate everything on the web that shows signs of independent thought or is possibly a deviation from the desired narrative.

This Mega Purge WILL FAIL though. The narrative cannot be controlled anymore. That genie is permanently out of the bottle.

This is the corporate equivalent of laws against stupidity. It's very bad, and if google acquires even more power than it has now, you can bet it will be used to silence actual independent thought that isn't useful to Google. These people, however, aren't independent thinkers. Their ideology is very much dependent on laughably stupid propaganda.

Just because something isn't shat out of the facebook/TV liberal ideology sphincter doesn't mean it counts as independent -or even worthwhile- thought.

Fuck google, and their actions are indeed both suspect and dangerous, but let's not call people who regurgitate the likes of David Icke, Cathy Brennan, Weev, and Alex Jones "independent thinkers." Their gormless followers are among the most credulous retards on the face of planet earth. They shouldn't be forcibly silenced by a gigantic corporation, but they're not intellectual mavericks--they're on par with flat earthers, incels, and Stalinists.

Last edited:

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Even flat earthers have more sense than mindless CNN-bots like you - at least those idiots are trying to figure it out and fall for BS. You're not even trying.

Seriously, people like you are the worst possible kind - not just rejecting but actively shitting on everyone who challenges the propaganda. It's like you not only want to stay in your cage, but keep everyone else in it as well.

Lahey

Laheyist
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Fuck google, and their actions are indeed both suspect and dangerous, but let's not call people who regurgitate the likes of David Icke, Cathy Brennan, Weev, and Alex Jones "independent thinkers." Their gormless followers are among the most credulous retards on the face of planet earth. They shouldn't be forcibly silenced by a gigantic corporation, but they're not intellectual mavericks--they're on par with flat earthers, incels, and Stalinists.
First they came for the conspiracy theorists, and I did not speak out because I was not a conspiracy theorist.

Then they came for the incels, and I did not speak out because I was not an incel.

Then they came for the Stalinists, and I did not speak out because I was not a Stalinist.

Then they came for the Codex, and there was no one left to speak for us.

Generic-Giant-Spider

This is the darkest timeline.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom