Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grimoire Thread

Bohr

Arcane
Soon after Vault-Co goes down, more sad news - one of the celebrities that regularly graced Vault-Co's pages, affectionately and favourably compared to lesser species of hominids and inhabitants of certain regions, has sadly passed on :salute:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/jun/21/koko-gorilla-sign-language-dead-aged-46
Koko, famed gorilla that learned sign language, dies aged 46
The gorilla, who formed friendships with celebrities such as Robin Williams, died peacefully in her sleep in California

Koko, the gorilla that learned sign language and formed several celebrity friendships while in captivity in the US, has died aged 46

The female western lowland gorilla, which gained fame for its mastery of “gorilla sign language”, died peacefully in its sleep at the Gorilla Foundation’s preserve in California, the foundation said.

Originally named Hanabi-ko – Japanese for “fireworks child” – after being born at San Francisco Zoo in 1971, Koko learned a rudimentary sign language through a researcher, Dr Francine Patterson. Koko reportedly understood around 2,000 words of verbal English.

The subject of numerous documentaries, Koko also appeared on the cover of National Geographic, in picture that the primate took of itself in a mirror. Koko adopted a kitten called All Ball and when the feline was hit and killed by a car in 1984, Patterson was filmed asking Koko what had happened. Koko signed in response: “Cat, cry, have-sorry, Koko-love.”

Further anguish was to come for Koko following the death in 2014 of the actor and comedian Robin Williams. Koko and Williams had struck up a firm friendship in 2001, with the two filmed laughing and cuddling together. The Gorilla Foundation said that Patterson told them Koko was “quiet and very thoughtful” when told of Williams’ passing.
(contd)

Spiky

Learned
I miss the good old times when Grimoire was just a dream and I had tons of new codex fag's comments to read every single morning.

The question remains, is Grimoire on par with the Eye of Beholder? If so, I can temporarily close one of the shrines in my basement

Dorateen

Arcane
The question remains, is Grimoire on par with the Eye of Beholder?

I like Eye of the Beholder, but the comparison with Grimoire is not even close. Grimoire's turn based combat and depth of systems to interact with is on an entirely higher level. Eye of the Beholder feels downright claustrophobic in terms of scope compared to the expansive gameworld of Hyberborea. Temple Darkmoon, for example, might be the equivalent of one dungeon out of dozens in Heralds of the Winged Exemplar.

Temple Darkmoon, for example, might be the equivalent of one dungeon out of dozens in Heralds of the Winged Exemplar
Glad to hear that! I also see that Grimoire does not bow to the Gaben's Steam sale shenanigans, which is a good indicator :obviously:

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Steam user:
The result of 4 months is just 1 feature? Not that complex and not very useful. I don't pay attention to spirit bar at all, so far fear doesn't bother me. But 1 small feature in 4 months is VERY terrifying symptom. With such speed you'll never finish the game in a lifetime, let alone making new one.

GOLDEN ERA GAMES [developer] 6 hours ago
You're obviously good at estimating requirements for time in these things, which computer RPG have you worked on part-time? Please send me a link to that game on Steam or else I'm never going to learn how to work efficiently in the time I have. Can't wait to see it, bet it is awesome. Turn based or phased? Crafting?

Self-Ejected

Sacred82

Self-Ejected
Dumbfuck
holy shit, he's introducing a new mechanic. That has to be kept up and checked and challenged throughout the game. And people complain about it taking 4 months after they already have the complete game in hand.

glorious PC master race
:timetoburn:

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
On the day when Cleve finaly emerges from his bunker in the Australian outback with the Grimoire Grimoire:

moses+and+the+law.jpg

Darth Canoli

Arcane
Anyone stubborn enough to work on a game for 25 years can release something less broken than grimoire.
And i bet they can release a manual in about one month.

Wasting so much time to get some pocket money out of steam and being proud of it is a sign of mental illness.

Of course, i'll shut my trap and apologize if all the bugs and complaints about the game are addressed in v 2.0 (making it playable for non-masochists players) and if it's released sometimes in the next 25 years.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Of course, i'll shut my trap and apologize if all the bugs and complaints about the game are addressed in v 2.0 (making it playable for non-masochists players)

What bugs and complaints? It sounds more like you are some millenial kiddo who has never played a Wizardry game and is now disappointed that it is more complicated than Skyrim.

Dumbfuck
It's been a while since I got depressed enough to think posting here was a good idea.

1) Is the manual out yet?

2) If not is Cleve still offering to fight people who ask about it?

index.php

Arcane
GOLDEN ERA GAMES [developer] 14 minutes ago
I am planning to release V2 and the manual before the one year anniversary of the game's release. The manual is nearly finished but work still remains on V2. Even in the upgraded version coming there will still be features pending like custom portraits, etc. that I have put low priority until I get the 2nd version released.

GOLDEN ERA GAMES [developer] 16 minutes ago
Bambaladam, how do you think grownups support themselves? Do you think I still live with my parents? Do you believe the limited sales of Grimoire provide me with sufficient income I could quit my day job? Someday you'll get a "job" of your own and you'll understand. Nothing has changed because Grimoire was released. It continues to be a part-time pastime. I work on it whenever time permits and with my two hour commute that can be intermittent. I don't work on it because of any reason but a desire to improve it and complete all features including ones never even seen in the current game. I have worked on it four hours this week, in a fifty hour workweek that is a lot of time I wasn't doing what I wanted to do. I work on the game because I have great pride in it. I invite you to work on a game of your own and post it to Steam. I am sure the experience will give you huge perspective you lack now. Get back to me in ten years and let me know how that is going.

Beast British

Novice
Cleve come out with that dang manual so I can appreciate your magnum opus properly.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom