Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grimoire Thread

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
Also, NPCs are crazy powerful compared to PC characters.

Cleve said that recruitable NPC's are sort of an exploit to make the game easier for those who want that.

Wait, i shouldnt use NPCs then if i dont want to use exploits?...

Also you know when aprox. V2 will be released? Want to play game now but not sure how long to wait.

p.s. Why mages always cast at end of round? Will this be changed? It makes mage-based group kinda problem.

GandGolf

Augur

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
For spellcasters: SPD is most important. DEV and INT/WIS for more skill points.

Why? They cast at end of turn anyway.

And what is difference between Int and Wis since magic skills dont level up at all?

So your casters cast before other casters.

With INT you increase skill points on success (when using that skill). With WIS you increase skills points on failure. So in the beginning, you'll probably rely more on WIS and later more on INT.

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
With INT you increase skill points on success (when using that skill). With WIS you increase skills points on failure. So in the beginning, you'll probably rely more on WIS and later more on INT.

Problem is that magic skills do not increase at all.
Or they do? I didnt see even once.

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
It is not problem (magic skills not increasing) since you can just invest from level-ups, but what about class like bard? You get 3-4 points to invest into magic skills per level-up and you need like 20-25 to bypass usual enemies resists reliably.

Spiky

Learned
Still wondering why he keeps talking about release dates. Must have some weird fetish for fake release dates or something.

Dorateen

Arcane
p.s. Why mages always cast at end of round? Will this be changed? It makes mage-based group kinda problem.

That's right, magic users always cast at the end of the round. It is a throw back to Original Dungeons & Dragons, and the way spell casting was handled. I would suggest you could still perform with an all mage group by making use of wands and other consumables. This will function in the normal sequence of character turns, which is determined by Speed. So you can still neutralize or damage an enemy in the first round, and then fall back on casting spells as the battle continues.

As for bards, they rely on Music and their instruments to be effective. Magic use for them is more of a support role, as their refresh and removing of conditions can be appreciated outside of combat.

I love to talk about Grimoire.

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik

That's right, magic users always cast at the end of the round. It is a throw back to Original Dungeons & Dragons, and the way spell casting was handled. I would suggest you could still perform with an all mage group by making use of wands and other consumables. This will function in the normal sequence of character turns, which is determined by Speed. So you can still neutralize or damage an enemy in the first round, and then fall back on casting spells as the battle continues.

As for bards, they rely on Music and their instruments to be effective. Magic use for them is more of a support role, as their refresh and removing of conditions can be appreciated outside of combat.

When you think V2 will release? I want to play but dont want to re-start because V2 hits in December (or it wont be released untill 6+ months from now?)
Also inventory space is limited - i can safely store items on ground?

Dorateen

Arcane

When you think V2 will release? I want to play but dont want to re-start because V2 hits in December (or it wont be released untill 6+ months from now?)
Also inventory space is limited - i can safely store items on ground?

Yes, you can safely store items on the ground. Pick a nice spot in the Village of Crowl, for example, and stash stuff there. Later on in the game, you will discover containers that will open up additional inventory space.

Your guess is as good as mine about a V2 release. It sounds like it will be an even more amazing experience. But I think it is wise to start a playthrough of Grimoire in its current state, anyway. If the update comes out, you can continue with the new version. And if it doesn't, at least you've played Grimoire. Could be Next Friday, or sometime in 2019.

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
Common, please honest answer - when aprox. time for V2 release?

I do need manual to understand how stats work, which skills increase etc.

I dont even know what stats to increase for mage (except Dev). What does Int and Wis do for magic skills - and do they increase at all??

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Common, please honest answer - when aprox. time for V2 release?

I do need manual to understand how stats work, which skills increase etc.

I dont even know what stats to increase for mage (except Dev). What does Int and Wis do for magic skills - and do they increase at all??

The game already tells you what the stats do , just click on them in your character screen

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron

Problem is that magic skills do not increase at all.
Or they do? I didnt see even once.

I don't know about magic skills, but INT and WIS definitely increase other skills you use, eg. Music.

I dont even know what stats to increase for mage (except Dev).

Magic schools have different skills you need to increase in order to use them, eg. Arcanum skill for Arcanum and Eldritch spells.

Dorateen

Arcane
What does Int and Wis do for magic skills - and do they increase at all??

Specifically, a high INT will help your chances of increasing your skills when you use them successfully.

WIS gives the chance to increase your skills, even if you fail. For example, if you try to activate an item and it fizzles or backfires, there is a chance your character's Invocation skill might still increase.

The magic spell-casting skills do not go up through use. You can only invest points when you level up. You will want to get at least 10 points in the mental category to keep raising the skill. It is that skill, whether Sorcery or Alchemy or Necromancy, that determines how effective your casters are. The higher the number, the more damage you will start to see from them.

Skdursh

Savant
Will the manual ever release? Will we ever see a V2? Is it even possible that a manual and V2 will magically turn this game into something that isn't a steaming pile of $40 shovelware? Nah, I don't really think it's possible to pack the "best rpg ever" into 41mb.

Oops, looks like I upset some fanboys. I guess they're dealing with some "microissues".

Last edited:

RPK

Scholar
V2 is not even out yet and it's already turned it into something that doesn't cost 40 dollars... so there's that :D

Tito Anic

Arcane
Shitposter
Golden baby blesses all who believe!
baby-buddha-gold-statue-important-most-buddhist-pilgrimage-site-lumbini-zone-nepal-53782853.jpg

Dorateen

Arcane
I've always enjoyed the character concept of a psychotic faerie. Whenever our party's feyfolk thief went on a backstabbing rampage, I was reminded of this scene from Scrooged:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom