Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grimoire RSF Unpacker

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Well, I'd still like a working unpacker. :o

Why do you need binary access to the internal resources of the game? Is that really covered in your purchase of the game? Do you think as a site admin that is really setting a good example for other people on the Codex?

Because I want to extract the portraits from your game as accurately as possible for the Codex avatar gallery. If you updated the game so they're read from an external directory that would help too!

Can I send a file to your PM?

You can upload the file somewhere and send me a link.

Descend

Literate
I wrote a small utility to unpack the .RSF file. It seems to pull most of the files correctly (.MID and .WAV files in particular), but several of the file types are missing headers or otherwise encoded.

Updated: now generates headers for .BMP files.

Source is here: https://github.com/guroukku/grime (pls no bully)
Windows binary attached below.

Hello, i try this, but not work, i try steam version.

i make cmd:
rsfutil.exe bundle.rsf
=
-x archive
Extract the provided archive

and not see new folder.

And see #25 comment

"
run in the cmd window:
rsfunpack.exe bundle.rsf"

But only rsfutil.exe find the first post.

i want extract the text...

Thansk the help.

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
I wrote a small utility to unpack the .RSF file. It seems to pull most of the files correctly (.MID and .WAV files in particular), but several of the file types are missing headers or otherwise encoded.

Updated: now generates headers for .BMP files.

Source is here: https://github.com/guroukku/grime (pls no bully)
Windows binary attached below.

Hello, i try this, but not work, i try steam version.

i make cmd:
rsfutil.exe bundle.rsf
=
-x archive
Extract the provided archive

and not see new folder.

And see #25 comment

"
run in the cmd window:
rsfunpack.exe bundle.rsf"

But only rsfutil.exe find the first post.

i want extract the text...

Thansk the help.
Text is scrambled now, nobody is going to easily figure out how to unscramble it. I used a mutational algorithm and it changes every time. If you need the text, sit with a notebook for 600 hours and write it down. Why do you need to extract the text from the game?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom