Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grimoire Thread

Biggus

Scholar
Allright faggots, cut the silly chit-chat with the Tarrant guy and answer me some questions.

I'm back from vacation where I was stuck reading how much you assholes enjoy the game on my fucking phone at the damn beach and now I'm ready to re-start the game with a fresh party.

1. Does lethal blow work for metalsmiths or is it bugged ?

2. If I pump speed on my spellcasters to obscene levels will they ever go before the enemy or is spellcasting last by default ?

re 1.

I haven't seen one lethal from my smith, ever. He has a lethal weapon, and a dozen or so points in the skill, though possibly the weapon itself is bugged? The ranger and berserker proc it all the time.
It doesn't look good, but here's hoping :)

vdweller

Arcane
Developer
Why do you guys go on such lengths to prove some random fucktard pirated a game?

Why do you, random internet person, go on such lengths to prove to a bunch of random fucktards that you allegedly had some elaborate trolling scheme?

Why am I even writing in this thread while I am on a sunny beach in Greece?

Is it a mystery?

Lord Andre

Arcane
Allright faggots, cut the silly chit-chat with the Tarrant guy and answer me some questions.

I'm back from vacation where I was stuck reading how much you assholes enjoy the game on my fucking phone at the damn beach and now I'm ready to re-start the game with a fresh party.

2. If I pump speed on my spellcasters to obscene levels will they ever go before the enemy or is spellcasting last by default ?

re 1.

I haven't seen one lethal from my smith, ever. He has a lethal weapon, and a dozen or so points in the skill, though possibly the weapon itself is bugged? The ranger and berserker proc it all the time.

Yeah, my ranger used to proc with a pencil and 20 points in the skill, but not the metalsmith. Sadface.

I'm guessing speed doesn't help with spellcasting either. No alpha strike then... Sadderface.

Valky

Arcane
Manlet
Why do you guys go on such lengths to prove some random fucktard pirated a game?

Why do you, random internet person, go on such lengths to prove to a bunch of random fucktards that you allegedly had some elaborate trolling scheme?

Is it a mystery?
Codex > Greece

Brozef

Savant
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

It does work with metalsmith. Complaints to the contrary stem from people (like myself) being idiots and assuming that Swords are *lethal* weapons, without checking. Preposterous! Everybody knows that broadswords have broad blunt edges, hence the name.

can't answer this one with certainty, but as far as I can tell. It has no effect whatsoever. Spells and Abilities always seems to resolve after melee. So speed is only worth it if you plan on abusing instruments with your casters.

vdweller

Arcane
Developer

Is it a mystery?
Codex > Greece
MgK4efr.jpg

No basements here mate.

DavidBVal

4 Dimension Games
Patron
Developer
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Pathfinder: Wrath
Yes, I have a penchant for trolling -- it's the internet and I'm an immature asshole.

Pffff - you've stepped into the troll's den. The Codex is full of immature assholes - it's part of the charm. What you did was not trolling, it was deliberately flagging the fact you were playing a version that didn't exist. What did you expect the developer to do when he found out? Pat you on the head. Nice trolling, little one. You're probably lucky you didn't get your steam account banned as well, so don't expect any sympathy.

-His posts in the forums (now deleted, so by memory) lead to believe he has played much, much more than two hours.
-He probably wanted to label what version he was playing to keep track of versioning, saves issues, etc, and misspelled 0.14 for 1.4.
-"And why, in the name of all things holy, would somebody who pirated the game add it to their steam library for all the world to see they were playing a pirated copy?" > moot question, why would somebody who DIDN'T pirated the game do it? If one would be accused of piracy, the other would as well, for no benefit.

When there's no logical explanation for certain action, one must assume incompetence or ignorance. Most of us here didn't even know about that mouse icon until it was posted here, I had no idea non-steam games could be seen by others, so Occam's Razor says: Pirated copy followed by version typo, and ignorance of how Steam shows info of your non-steam games.

I am not making accusations as I can't know the truth. I am merely pointing at what is the overwhelmingly most likely scenario.

Last edited:

Brozef

Savant
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Is it a mystery?
Codex > Greece
MgK4efr.jpg

No basements here mate.

Yes please keep rubbing it in. Maybe walk up to some girls and tell them you are the Herald of the Winged Exemplar and that this is the first time in 20 years that you experienced INCLINE, so you have to share it with them.
Works 100% of the time:positive:

mondblut

Arcane
What do you mean mondblut? Equiping an instrument makes its effects more powerful than using them?

I dunno, I never used them from inventory since the superdemo (where it increased invocation skill). Equipping them does properly depend on music skill and makes it go up (or used to, before too fast growth was "fixed" by lowering it to apparently zero :/)

Biggus

Scholar

re 1.

A bit later...
Nup, take that back, smith did a lethal blow (he does have a lethal weapon). I guess he is just a bit slow :)

Lord Andre

Arcane

re 1.

A bit later...
Nup, take that back, smith did a lethal blow (he does have a lethal weapon). I guess he is just a bit slow :)

In the mean time I went to my old saves and it seems my ranger always had either a poison dagger or the bipenis when proc-ing lethal blow. I had never noticed the lethal tag on them before until I looked specifically. My smith on the other hand was using some form of lance all game. So it does seem you need skill + appropriate weapon.

DavidBVal

4 Dimension Games
Patron
Developer
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Pathfinder: Wrath

re 1.

A bit later...

In the mean time I went to my old saves and it seems my ranger always had either a poison dagger or the bipenis when proc-ing lethal blow. I had never noticed the lethal tag on them before until I looked specifically. My smith on the other hand was using some form of lance all game. So it does seem you need skill + appropriate weapon.

Explained by the man himself in a rare display of letting us know how things work :D

RyuaY9N.png

Brozef

Savant
Patron
So it does seem you need skill + appropriate weapon.

Definitely. I have no idea why Cleve keeps insisting that you don't. Maybe he is trolling everybody with semantics, since it is technically possible to get a "lethal blow" by being the last one the hit an enemy and dealing the killing blow. Which would have been a lethal blow QED

Self-Ejected

Irenaeus

Self-Ejected
Patron
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual The Real Fanboy
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera
Pointers are the opposite of abstract. You're directly passing around memory addresses and commanding the computer to gibsmedat data. Early programmers had to think a lot more about addresses, registers and words than modern programmers do.

Abstraction is stuff like class hierarchies, SFINAE, type deduction, template expressions, etc.

Haru

Savant
I can hardly await for the "casuals" to reach this part of the game...

rgQJKEQ.jpg

That was first turn. Before I got to act.

Edit: OH MY FUCKING GOD YOU CUNT CLEVE, WHY IS THERE ANOTHER

boss fight right after her

Guess twice if I had saved yet.

Honestly -- it depends on when you fight her. One "legit" strategy is using the item Jack of All Trades. It has a Time Stop mechanic that lets you pummel her down. It also stops her health regeneration. There are tons of usable items most "casuals" can use to assist them on that particular fight.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I managed to beat her just now by using a scroll of magic screen, then paralyzing her, then repeatedly knocking her unconscious with my berserk using the weapon skullcrusher, effectively stunlocking her. :D

Draxylon

Savant
Another new Grimoire customer here. Though not having enough time to play, I finally got caught in this deadly trap!
37 euro cost in Spain. Is it still on sale, or it's just the exchange rate?
I'm happy to contribute to the effort Mr Blakemore is putting in his creature. :incline:

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
I can hardly await for the "casuals" to reach this part of the game...

rgQJKEQ.jpg

That was first turn. Before I got to act.

Edit: OH MY FUCKING GOD YOU CUNT CLEVE, WHY IS THERE ANOTHER

boss fight right after her

Guess twice if I had saved yet.

Honestly -- it depends on when you fight her. One "legit" strategy is using the item Jack of All Trades. It has a Time Stop mechanic that lets you pummel her down. It also stops her health regeneration. There are tons of usable items most "casuals" can use to assist them on that particular fight.

Really, 'casuals' will never get to her.

Self-Ejected

buru5

Very Grumpy Dragon
Patron
Fl4OY0K.jpg

Now, hopefully we can move past the sticks and stones and get back to the question, what does DEV do?

What? Did you put your social security number, full name and address on your Steam profile? :roll:

My most recent wall post links to my Steam profile. Go right ahead and click it and browse to your heart's content. You're not going to find anything personal about me because I'm not a retard.

Biggus

Scholar
Fl4OY0K.jpg

Now, hopefully we can move past the sticks and stones and get back to the question, what does DEV do?

What? Did you put your social security number, full name and address on your Steam profile? :roll:

My most recent wall post links to my Steam profile. Go right ahead and click it and browse to your heart's content. You're not going to find anything personal about me because I'm not a retard.

I don't have a social security number as it happens, so no, it isn't there. We don't have them here.

I have zero interest in your profile or anyone else's for that matter, why the hell would I? This is a freaking forum, not the inquisition.

I see, but you are doing a fair impression of one. :P

So now that you aren't accusing me of not owning Grimoire, you are accusing me of being a retard. I see. Makes sense. lol

Have a nice day :)

Dexter

Arcane
When there's no logical explanation for certain action, one must assume incompetence or ignorance. Most of us here didn't even know about that mouse icon until it was posted here, I had no idea non-steam games could be seen by others, so Occam's Razor says: Pirated copy followed by version typo, and ignorance of how Steam shows info of your non-steam games.
Okay I think this has gone on far enough. :lol: His explanation makes perfect sense, Steam doesn't just "show Non-Steam games", they have to be deliberately added to Steam to be seen, and since they are Non-Steam games you can literally label it as anything. He made a joke, labelling it "1.2.1.4 (Early Access)" pretending it is "Early Access".

Another new Grimoire customer here.
Did you pirate it? I bet you pirated it! :rpgcodex:

mondblut

Arcane
So I made a test restart with 4 saurian berserkers, 2 wolfin ranges, duren bard and orb sage. Bard starts at speed 60, orb 45, the rest at 50. Saurians set to unarmed. Mowed through ?WORMS? in Crowl Prison without taking a scratch. Destroyed the Green Hand gang on level 1 easier than post-Aquavia level 2 party did before.

Lack of magic may hurt in the long run, but with no equipment restrictions 6 badass warriors with lethal blow already look like a machine of death on level 1. Question is - should I go full retardo with class changing, or rather invest into stats that actually matter, like str and agi? I die a little inside when I put points into WIL/FEL for berserkers or INT/DEV for rangers. Fuck it, perhaps?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom