Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grimoire Thread

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
So when is release day for V2?
Next Friday
Only six microissues remaining!

YaoLI4c.png

LC1hBAc.png

:ibelieveincleve:

GandGolf

Augur
If V2 or the manual come out before Christmas then you can call it a miracle! (If it even comes out in 2018 it'd still be a miracle, but somehow "new year miracle" doesn't have quite the same ring as "Christmas miracle".)

Tse Tse Fly

Savant
By the way, has anyone been successful trying to play GRIMOIRE on Linux? I'm using Wine 4.0 rc2 and for me it's unplayable due to extremely low fps (as it seems) and uncontrollable mouse pointer - when I try to move the mouse once the main menu has loaded, the pointer dashes off outside the screen so quickly that I'm unable to notice it, after which it conversely becomes extremely sluggish (travelling maybe 1 pixel in a second) and difficult to control because of a weird inertia effect - it starts moving in the new direction only some time after the mouse was moved. I've also tried Proton 3.16-5 Beta (appears to be the latest one) and it's the same.

Though it seems to be working fine on Windows XP run in Virtualbox. Guess I'll have to use that for a while to play GRIMOIRE.

Last edited:

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath

GOLDEN ERA GAMES
[developer] 59 minutes ago

The sale is going to be so incredible and so mind boggling that both your eyes will pop out of your skull and your hair will stand straight up the instant you see it in the queue as you realize that this is probably the greatest moment in human history. Grimoire V2 ... plus on sale.

Beastro

Arcane
WTF I bought some games on my wishlist and noticed Grimoire on sale for $22ish bucks, a friend looks today and sees it at that same price, but not on sale.

Did Cleve fuck something up taking it off sale? I thought it was going to stay up high forever to dissuade the non-elite from playing it? :M

Viata

Arcane
Interesting thing. Is it counting the tracks so it knows it got the last one?
The car seems to signalize when the robot can pick a new track. Perhaps it gives the xy coordinates to that position so that the robot knows where it should look for the tracks. Pretty cool thing.

DarKPenguiN

Arcane
The car seems to signalize when the robot can pick a new track. Perhaps it gives the xy coordinates to that position so that the robot knows where it should look for the tracks. Pretty cool thing.
Fuck that asshole robot.

Fucking robot makes me sick.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Fuck that asshole robot.

Fucking robot makes me sick.
Would have probably been cheaper just to place the entire track too. :lol:

Martyr

Arcane
Cleveland Mark Blakemore now that V2 is released: please, for the love of god !!! sell the game DRM-free on gog/itch/humble/gamersgate. I'm sure I'm not the only one who would buy your game a second time! steam is one of the 9 circles of hell.

IronMaiden

Novice
https://steamcommunity.com/games/650670/announcements/detail/1690437771473316570

Version 2 Now Live!
23 DECEMBER - GOLDEN ERA GAMES

Version 2 of Grimoire is now live on the Steam Store with a 50% sale through to the New Year! The most incredible old fashioned computer roleplaying game just got a little more awesome!

CURRENT WISHLISTS # : 39,812 (combined)

Huge amounts of tweaks, fixes, adjustments and new content is found in this version, including the crafting workshop and all the item enhancements!

You can see all the items in your inventory, sort them on a variety of attributes like type and value, assay them, poison them, forge them, enchant them and merge them into new items! There is now a forge, alchemy bench, shrine and hearth in the game where different classes acquire various crafting arts they can apply to items to modify them or greatly improve them in combat!

The manual is being output to .PDF shortly and will be made available on the store from the main page freely so it can be examined by players who have not yet purchased the game to get a good feel for the mechanics. It is extremely extensive and explains all facets of gameplay with detailed explanations of all modes including combat, NPC interaction, character creation, level up, character review and the many mini interfaces like lockpicking and door forcing. It is suitable for printing and formatted for A4 output.

Beginning a new game from the classic game start will reveal new monster graphics and additional features have been added to the original maps. None of this should affect existing save games but players who have completed these areas may not see some of the new events. This will not affect the new regions at all which constitute brand new areas in the game.

Last edited by a moderator:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom