Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grimoire Thread

Roqua

Prospernaut
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual In My Safe Space
I'm seeing overall reviews have inched up to 62% approval rating.

84% positive in the last thirty days.

That's probably because most of the original bad reviews were from either people who hated Cleve and bought and returned just to leave a bad review - or people like the majority of codex members that somehow think that because they like Zelda and non-rpg shit like that they are rpg fans, tried Grimoire and then found out they don't really like rpgs.

Casual Hero

Augur
Saw this little gem in the Grimoire reviews...
https://imgur.com/a/HdRp6Vi
search

Self-Ejected

Sacred82

Self-Ejected
Dumbfuck
Cleve doing a JA clone just to spite Brenda would be pretty epic tho

Grimwah is a great game but it's a clone of an existing game. Cleve's other games don't really sound like much to talk about. So it would make sense for him to take another gud franchise and apply his autistic Neanderthal powers of refinemet to it.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
So uhhhh... None of my chars are able to forge, sharpen, poison or enchant weapons. Doesn't matter if they are at a workbench/shrine. The buttons are greyed out. WTF is this shitto?

It is all fun and games 'till you realize that some monsters are now enchanted. And they can only be damaged with enchanted weapons...

Last edited:

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
To answer my own question, it is not a bug, but a feature (lol Cleve).

You need to find a book and read it.

Once you've done so, an icon appears on the character sheet (on the new "crafts" -section.

This should definitely be explained in the UI.

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
So uhhhh... None of my chars are able to forge, sharpen, poison or enchant weapons. Doesn't matter if they are at a workbench/shrine. The buttons are greyed out. WTF is this shitto?

It is all fun and games 'till you realize that some monsters are now enchanted. And they can only be damaged with enchanted weapons...

GOLDEN ERA GAMES
[developer] 18 hours ago
How To Hit Creatures Vulnerable To Magic Weapons Only
You have to find weapons marked as "magical" or else locate a shrine and ENCHANT an existing weapon. Any weapon that has has been enchanted at a Shrine will have a glowing cross in the lower right corner. This kind of enchantment will vanish when you kill a creature with this weapon. Until then it can be used to hit any enchanted monster. If you look around and examine the weapons you find, you will stumble across many weapons that are MAGICAL to hit monsters like ghosts and mythical creatures. The Bone Dagger is one of the earliest weapons you find like this.

IronMaiden

Novice

Had the same issue last night till one of my guys leveled up then it opened up a couple of the crafting skills allowing me to sharpen weapons without reading any books. Probably would open sooner with a new party rather than existing?

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron

Had the same issue last night till one of my guys leveled up then it opened up a couple of the crafting skills allowing me to sharpen weapons without reading any books. Probably would open sooner with a new party rather than existing?

Probably. Problem is, I need 400,000 XP for next level, which is probably impossible to do at this point...

IronMaiden

Novice

Probably. Problem is, I need 400,000 XP for next level, which is probably impossible to do at this point...

Yeah if that is the case, then finding the shrines so you can buy a level will be crucial.

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron

GOLDEN ERA GAMES
[developer] 1 hour ago

Spent all of today doing automated outputs of tables to Excel, which then are linked dynamically to tables in manual, so that if the data is changed or tweaked I just output the raw tables again and the manual is updated to reflect any of these changes. This is all working, still got some more tables to autocreate with utility I wrote, then finish up manual. The formatting is basically done, looks good if printed

Spiky

Learned
I want to buy the game. I really do. But everyone talks about these remaining microissues that are yet to be microfixed.
Can anyone describe the current state of the game? Are there any game breaking bugs that cause headache?

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
I haven't seen any game breaking bugs in a looooong time. You can complete the game and all of the content.

It is, however, quite easy to break the "muh balinse" as Cleve says. You will be able to build a party that will gimp in ways you wouldn't believe. If you are really smart (or lucky), you can trivialize very tough fights. If you are unlucky (and dumb), you can have fights that will make you vomit blood.

I doubt this will ever change.

I generally find blobber combat to be a chore, and feel that it is my god-given mission to break any blobber's combat and cheese my party so hard that I can steamroll through every fight with least amount of effort possible. Grimoire is still plenty of fun even when played that way.

Generic-Giant-Spider

Just buy it. Not only is it on sale for the lowest it has ever been, but it's a great game if you're about that blobber life. With about 11 hours logged into this since restarting with V2, I've not really run into any bugs that would completely impede progress.

If you're unaware of this sort of genre though, this game will feel like it has no qualms about savagely raping you at first. My own dungeon crawling/blobber experience only goes to Eye of the Beholder on PC (and a super shitty GBA port I bought long ago which has so many programming errors/rule bastardizations it should be seen as a game design wonder) and Might & Magic II for the Sega Genesis. This is probably the best place to ask for advice since users like Dorateen and Lady Error have extensive knowledge. The Steam forums are like usual, useless, but there is a pretty nice beginner's guide on there you could use. I forget who made it, but it covers a decent portion of the start of the game.

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
Has anyone checked if the mana regeneration of the different races changed in V2? are humans, dark elves etc still shit?

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual
The Steam forums are like usual, useless, but there is a pretty nice beginner's guide on there you could use.

It's also at http://grimoire.wiki and pretty much everything else you want to know. Including a link to Zeppo's Decline cheat editor, his only contribution to humanity. Not sure if it still works though...

Since you were nice enough to mention DECLINE. You get a reprieve from the NPC ratings. For Now.

Zep--

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
I haven't seen any game breaking bugs in a looooong time. You can complete the game and all of the content.

It is, however, quite easy to break the "muh balinse" as Cleve says. You will be able to build a party that will gimp in ways you wouldn't believe. If you are really smart (or lucky), you can trivialize very tough fights. If you are unlucky (and dumb), you can have fights that will make you vomit blood.

I doubt this will ever change.

I generally find blobber combat to be a chore, and feel that it is my god-given mission to break any blobber's combat and cheese my party so hard that I can steamroll through every fight with least amount of effort possible. Grimoire is still plenty of fun even when played that way.

This is what I have found in testing and that is why I thought the combat is good at this stage.

With some configurations you will get stomped and mushed into dust. They will swiftly kill everyone and throw your bones into the bushes.

Another configuration and more importantly different tactics, you will mow right through them. For example, making use of items. Really making use of them. Trying to find them early on and put them to use. Also looking at natural weapons and special abilities. Before you know it, you will be cutting a swath through them.

I will never regret making a game where popamolers who just click the ATTACK icon are slaughtered, buttfucked and left for dead in a drainage ditch outside of the Village of Crowl after appearing on milk cartons for weeks before their bodies are identified. That is the charm and appeal of Grimoire on a basic level. It is a gate closed to the decline hordes because of who they are.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom