Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grimoire Thread

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
GOLDEN ERA GAMES [developer] 2 hours ago
So all of the icons other than the Merge button only appear at crafting stations in context. You only see "Forge" at Forges. You only see "Sharpen" and "Poison" at Hearths. Ditto for enchanting weapons at Shrines. In regular adventure mode you will only see the Merge button available.

In the right contexts, certain skills are substantially amplifed. At the Forge, Metallurgy is effectively doubled when you are at the forge working. Similar effects for Mephistics and Bladesmanship.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Anything in particular?
Anything about 32 point character creation. I also wonder if the new race/class combinations have bonuses or penalties.

Thanks. Yes, that table of what classes are rollable needs to be updated: http://grimoire.wiki/index.php/Clas...ce.2FClass_combinations_with_multiplier_bonus

But you can still use it, because now instead of 32 rollable points being the maximum, it is 48. Just see on the chart if the race/class-combo requires more or less than 48 points.

Regarding the newly rollable prestige classes:

Drow Assassins need 34 points
Feyfolk Assassins need 35 points
Naga Assassins need 34 points
Rhattu Assassins need 41 points
Durendil Assassins need 45 points
Vamphyr Assassins need 39 points

Rhattu Pirates need all 48 points

The Jester does not seem to be rollable with any race. The lowest amount you'd need are 145 points with a Durendil.

Last edited:

Farewell into the night

Lady Error, what game is your avatar from?

I've never played Grimoire. I think I'm gonna check it out in the near future.

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
Has anyone checked if the mana regeneration of the different races changed in V2? are humans, dark elves etc still shit?

Just tested it and they are still the same in V2, So do yourselves a favor and don't take human or drow casters.

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual
cleve.gif

I wouldn't know, Cleveland "Soy Boy Mark" Blakemore. I take it you are planning a vacation there?
Are you running out of aboriginal boys to molest?

Zep--

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
Steam:
Cleve, could you tell us more about your plans with Grimoire in near future?

GOLDEN ERA GAMES [developer] 59 minutes ago
I'm going to use my grocery money to print off a couple hundred copies of Grimoire which I will pile up in a shopping cart and sell off the highway in tandem with my can collecting business. In between I will shake my fist at cars and smoke Jenkem.

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
GOLDEN ERA GAMES [developer] 3 hours ago

Magic must be studied. Skill points must be put into the caster's skill for magic to improve their magic casting at level advancement. Devotion determines how much mana they get to use when casting spells. This is to create a curve of improvement that reflects specific focus on becoming better at spellcasting. Most games nowadays have a cutscene and boom you now can cast a new spell. In Grimoire you have to make an effort to improve the caster at levelup or they will remain a primitive newb who fizzles a simple spell. This is very much a copy of Bane W6, not W7 Crusaders. In playing Bane I liked the magic mechanics much better than W7 in this regard.

GandGolf

Augur
Alas the sale has ended and those who were also waiting for the manual will have to wait until the next sale comes. On the plus side the manual might actually be available by then! Might be available...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom