Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grimoire Thread

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
What do you want to bet that when the next patch comes out that mana regeneration for Drows and Humans is still messed up?

ring pro magic wot dat

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
What do you want to bet that when the next patch comes out that mana regeneration for Drows and Humans is still messed up?

!!!!!clownvc2.jpg

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Is truth that this game got reviewbombed because male chars has more STR?

GOLDEN ERA GAMES [developer] 25 minutes ago

Yes, it's true. Also the game is racist because there is a pirate in it named "Black Pierre." It's not only true but was planned in advance of the game being released. People continue to organize against the game almost two years after it was released for the same reasons Donald Trump is literally hitler. Google staff have already admitted I am on a list of undesirables and that all Google searches on my name are hand edited for results to make certain only the generic character attacks by anonymous people appear at the top of Google search, the exact same way they do with Donald Trump.

Doktor Best

Arcane
When I was young, I went with my family out to the Dragonfly migrations. Several hundreds of them would follow the aqueducts for whatever reason, and my father let me go stand on the side of the water in the middle of them. He said it was totally safe, besides them bumping into you.

Apparently he didn't know they could bite like a motherfucker.
I immediately found out. Dozens of times.

You werent his favorite child, were you?

Gunnar

Arbiter
Pretty sure we can leave enough positive reviews to counteract that shit.

If this were true it would have already happened. My impression is that despite all the hype only a handful of codexers have even played the game.

Dorateen

Arcane
Speaking of clown world, it doesn't get any more ridiculous than the arbitrary thresholds of the steam rating system. In what realm of arithmetic does 67% not equate to a clear two thirds, super majority? Yet according to steam, reviews are still "mixed".

karnak

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In I helped put crap in Monomyth

Yes, it's true. Also the game is racist because there is a pirate in it named "Black Pierre." It's not only true but was planned in advance of the game being released. People continue to organize against the game almost two years after it was released for the same reasons Donald Trump is literally hitler. Google staff have already admitted I am on a list of undesirables and that all Google searches on my name are hand edited for results to make certain only the generic character attacks by anonymous people appear at the top of Google search, the exact same way they do with Donald Trump.
That "Black Pierre" story sure brings back some terrible memories...
Guys like Cleve and Trump are such stuff as soyboy/SJW's nightmares are made on.

Generic-Giant-Spider

I had a dream that Cleve and I were talking on a subway train, he was telling me of his various exploits in his life and the life lessons he learned, then he randomly spanked some girl on her heart shaped ass and laughed maniacally about it.

GandGolf

Augur

Is Pierre actually portrayed as an African or does he just dress in black?

mercyRPG

Cipher
So .. as per my latest fantastic announcement..

Hereby .. I present to You All -- the First Mission -- in my

GRIMOIRE MECHA MOD (website)

called

Cunt Dracula and the Radar Rabbit!
(mission 1)

Main NPCs in the mission:

1. Cunt Dracula (BOSS)
images

His Ghastly Visage is so incomprehensible, that you'll have difficulty focusing your eyes on this Demonic Adversary!!

2. Radar Rabbit (LVL 3 monster Familiar pet of the BOSS)

JfleVoo.png

and now DRUMROLL please

At the absolutely Top Exciting Climax of the mission,

there will be this

LAST SUPPER SCENE:

images

Why are all these dogs wearing wigs and skirts??
- HA! I got You!:
Play the game and you will find out!

Namutree

Savant
I bought Grimoire on release, had no idea what I was doing, got owned, but felt the game had a lot of promise. IRL stuff distracted me and for a long time I basically forgot about it.

About to try the game again since I got a lot of free time for the next few weeks. Wish me luck lads, I'll need it.

Ensi

Educated
After playing Wiz 7 a while ago, this game feels kind of like a breeze (sans companions). I did make sure to get decent rolls during character creation though, maybe that's why. And I'm suuuuure it'll get harder, I've only played like 10 hours.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Actually, the beginning is probably the hardest - unless you really fuck up what you put points into on leveling up. And if you multiclass, your life can get even easier.

Catacombs

Arcane
Patron
Actually, the beginning is probably the hardest - unless you really fuck up what you put points into on leveling up.

So true. I got destroyed in the first couple of encounters in the starting forest. I escaped to the underground temple and spent an hour two exploring and fighting rates. My team got stronger, and I felt confident to return to the forest.

Namutree

Savant
I've played for a couple hours getting wrecked by a forest enemy called a fungus and three bozos called green hands.
Eventually realized the underground was actually safer and managed to actually get some level ups. Killed those bandit bozos.

I've played the game for hours and am still in the beginning, but somehow, I've found the game really endearing. It's a kind of pleasurable frustration. I stayed up until 2 AM without realizing it, playing Grimoire, and now, woke up at 7 AM (and I'm usually a deep sleeper), my body physically fiending to play Grimoire.

I should also note that I never played the Wizardry games, tho I do have an affinity for old games (hence my shadowrun pic) so Grimoire was my introduction to this style of RPG. I tried to play Wizardry 6 after buying it on GoG, but it had an unskippable credit scene I wasn't going to watch everytime I wanted to play.

Butter

Arcane
Patron
Those guys were easy once you realize some races deal better damage unarmed than with the basic weapons.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom