Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grimoire Thread

Diggfinger

Arcane
To Mr. Bing's point, I've definitely spent countless hours creating(re-) a party. Way more time than actually playing

buut still, I consider it my first step to glory
:whiteknight:

ManaJunkie

Arbiter
To Mr. Bing's point, I've definitely spent countless hours creating(re-) a party. Way more time than actually playing

buut still, I consider it my first step to glory
:whiteknight:
and countless hours of that music stuck in your head...dum, dum, dum, di, dum, di, dum, di, dum , di, dum, di, dum, di, dum, di, dum, duuuum, duuuum....

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Is there a guide I can follow to make my party? I can't be arsed to spend hours and hours experimenting before I can even start really playing.

http://grimoire.wiki/index.php/Races
http://grimoire.wiki/index.php/Classes

These two articles contain everything you need to know about party creation. Nobody is forcing you to read about the class changes, though you will have a harder time without them further in the game. Unless you recruit NPC's.

The best race/class combinations require you to understand the multiplier bonuses.

In the beginning it is also useful to have a couple races that have powerful unarmed attacks, because the early weapons are much shittier.

The only class you should get for sure is the Sage. The rest should be 2-4 melee classes and 2-4 magic classes.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
'According the in-game description, WIL has some effect on spell-casting. CON and MET shouldn't be too low.'

Wow what a great wiki guys I'm so glad I read that.

What the fuck is your problem? It says:

Attribute Advice
For fighters: SPD/STR/AGI are the most important ones. DEV and/or INT/WIS for more skill points. CON and MET shouldn't be too low. DES is optional.

For spellcasters: SPD is most important. DEV for more mana and INT/WIS for more skill points. According the in-game description, WIL has some effect on spell-casting. CON and MET shouldn't be too low. DES is optional.

The latest experiments show that INT, WIS and WIL have some influence on the success of spell casting, but not too much. The magic skill is the most important part.

Is that rocket science for you?

Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
What the fuck is your problem?
1oyc8rk.png

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
You have literally the same information in the two tables above it:

MULTIPLIER BONUSES AND PENALTIES (FROM THE GRIMOIRE MANUAL):

NUMBER OF POINTS YOU NEED TO ROLL FOR A SPECIFIC RACE/CLASS COMBINATION:

(ANY) means that even the lowest number you roll will let you pick that class with that race.

(NONE) means that even with the highest possible roll (48 points), you do not have enough points for that combination.

Same As Above Tables With Additional Information:

This table of the multiplier bonuses was created by a player a long time ago and contains all the information you find in the two new tables (from the manual) above.

Additionally, on this table you can also see the exact number of attribute points needed for each race/class combination instead of (NONE) for some combinations in the table above.

1oyc8rk.png

But yes, scary table, too much think, Bing Bong cannot into numbers...

Valky

Arcane
Manlet
"Just read the wiki before playing the game"
"Just play with characters you didn't create and a bunch of unknown mechanics all labelled three-letter combinations like XZC"

NO.

I'd like to read a guide that has the cogent points of character creation instead of a 311 page thread or a wiki. The thread will have huge amounts of irrelevant info and the wiki will record any detail of the game, rather than the ones that are relevant to making a party, along with comments as to which are the ones that matter. In particular I don't give a fuck about the presumably dozens of arbitrary rules concerning changing classes, so I just want to follow a guide for that.

Why is that so hard to understand, triggered autists?

"Wahh please spoonfeed me because I'm too lazy and inept to put effort into mastering or learning through experimentation anything I wish to invest myself into."

Eat a dick you casual faggot. You are not the target audience for incline such as this. Try Disco Elysium or Skyrim.

Valky

Arcane
Manlet
"Wahh please spoonfeed me because I'm too lazy and inept to put effort into mastering anything I wish to invest myself into."
Reading a guide is more effective in terms of time spent. NEETs wouldn't understand.
Just watch someone stream the game, then you don't even have to think at all, much easier for your soft frontal cortex to handle.

V_K

Arcane
You have literally the same information in the two tables above it:

MULTIPLIER BONUSES AND PENALTIES (FROM THE GRIMOIRE MANUAL):

NUMBER OF POINTS YOU NEED TO ROLL FOR A SPECIFIC RACE/CLASS COMBINATION:

(ANY) means that even the lowest number you roll will let you pick that class with that race.

(NONE) means that even with the highest possible roll (48 points), you do not have enough points for that combination.

Same As Above Tables With Additional Information:

This table of the multiplier bonuses was created by a player a long time ago and contains all the information you find in the two new tables (from the manual) above.

Additionally, on this table you can also see the exact number of attribute points needed for each race/class combination instead of (NONE) for some combinations in the table above.

1oyc8rk.png

But yes, scary table, too much think, Bing Bong cannot into numbers...
Well, to be fair, I found the list of good and bad combinations at the bottom of "beginner's guide" page more helpful than this. Especially because it also takes mana regeneration into account.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
That list is right after these tables on the Classes page as well. It's basically the same information as the first table, plus the mana regeneration info.

Tigranes

Arcane
Listen, poor bong just wants an IGN walkthrough

Why can't you pay IGN for one, Cleve? Why can't you? Look at poor bong here, he's bleeding out

GandGolf

Augur
Vitality loss should be capped at 5. What's the use of having 1000 vitality if every set number of actions decreases it by a fixed percent?

Last edited:

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Vitality loss should be capped at 5. What's the use of having 1000 vitality if every set number of actions decreases it by a fixed percent?

How are you going to represent a 25% loss of stamina vs a 33%?

GandGolf

Augur

How are you going to represent a 25% loss of stamina vs a 33%?

For something like swimming or maybe mountain climbing a percent loss would be understandable, but it's actions like walking or attacking or even just sitting still that need the loss needs to be capped for. Either that or make healing fountains replenish a percent of vitality. By the time my last character has finished drinking from the fountain my first character has already lost a noticeable percent.

mondblut

Arcane
The way vitality works is one of the most annoying features in the game. When the shit you do takes it down by a percentage and restoration brings it back by a set amount of points, it is almost begging you to NOT increase it. Except that you can't.

GandGolf

Augur
The way vitality works is one of the most annoying features in the game. When the shit you do takes it down by a percentage and restoration brings it back by a set amount of points, it is almost begging you to NOT increase it. Except that you can't.

Somebody should bug Cleve about fixing it. If enough people gripe maybe he'll do something. But then again maybe ponies will fly.

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer

Somebody should bug Cleve about fixing it. If enough people gripe maybe he'll do something. But then again maybe ponies will fly.

Why would I respond to feedback from a guy who got the game as a gift and has done nothing but insult the game, me and the blobber genre in general? It's going to take more than ponies flying to ever get me to take you seriously. In fact, I am using your feedback to make the Vitality mechanism more irritating and even more discouraging now that I know it is your weak spot. I will actually hard code a check in for the name "GandGolf" and make Vitality drain by 10% every step you take.

GandGolf

Augur

Why would I respond to feedback from a guy who got the game as a gift and has done nothing but insult the game, me and the blobber genre in general? It's going to take more than ponies flying to ever get me to take you seriously. In fact, I am using your feedback to make the Vitality mechanism more irritating and even more discouraging now that I know it is your weak spot. I will actually hard code a check in for the name "GandGolf" and make Vitality drain by 10% every step you take.

Yeah, you don't care about making your game better for the players. You're so spiteful that we should just be glad you don't keep a log of ideas suggested by people you don't like and then actually remove any of those features if they actually did make it into the game. What a snowflake.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom