Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grimoire Thread

jebsmoker

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In I helped put crap in Monomyth
call me stupid, call me foolish, call me dumb, but Grimoire convinced me that turn-based blobbers are worth a hoot. i've tried to get into real-time ones but.. something about them doesn't tick with me. maybe i'll find one that i truly like, but Grimoire served as a gateway game for grid-based blobbers for me. thank you mr. neanderthal man

Valky

Arcane
Manlet
call me stupid, call me foolish, call me dumb, but Grimoire convinced me that turn-based blobbers are worth a hoot. i've tried to get into real-time ones but.. something about them doesn't tick with me. maybe i'll find one that i truly like, but Grimoire served as a gateway game for grid-based blobbers for me. thank you mr. neanderthal man
You have the wizardry and might and magic series available to you once you finish Grimoire. Have fun.

Viata

Arcane
I plan to replay this game this December(when the semester is over). So I have not played the game since when the game was released(the last update was the one that allowed the snake race dungeon to be completed), so how much the game has changed? Can I level up to class change before finishing the game now?

Dorateen

Arcane
Can I level up to class change before finishing the game now?

Yes, once a character has three levels, they are free to change professions, provided they meet the stat requirements and within the classes allowed to switch to. Some people will say around five, six, or seven, are good levels to start multiclassing.

jebsmoker

Arcane
Patron
You have the wizardry and might and magic series available to you once you finish Grimoire. Have fun.

i've dabbled with might and magic 7: for blood and honor after applying a community patch to it so i can play with native widescreen support; i found the real time combat to be a bit overwhelming (unless if you can toggle inbetween real-time and turn-based?) until i got used to it. i just generally prefer grimoire's turn-based system because it allows me to dwell on what decisions i'm going to make

Efe

Erudite
if i read that right, you are unaware that you can toggle tb/rt in might and magic?

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
So I have not played the game since when the game was released(the last update was the one that allowed the snake race dungeon to be completed), so how much the game has changed?

There is some new content, the largest being the Periwinkle mountain area and also a few new dungeons elsewhere. Then there is the ability to buy level ups with a certain item that is pretty well hidden and the whole Spirit Bar and Shrines mechanic.

Class changes work best at around Level 6-8 now and some people did all 12 or 13 classes with the same character. The wiki page on Classes has their info on that.

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
Two points away from Grimoire going into positive rating at Steam! The original effects of the SJW cuck blitz of high pitched squealing hummitude have gradually dissipated as their feeble brains found some other outrage to attend to.

If you enjoyed the game, post a review! It only take 5 seconds and your vote could be the incline bomb that pushes Grimoire into 70% positive!

GandGolf

Augur
What gets broken this time? There wasn't any change log listing bugs fixed or other differences so for all we know it could just be nothing more than just a few title screens.

ManaJunkie

Arbiter
What gets broken this time? There wasn't any change log listing bugs fixed or other differences so for all we know it could just be nothing more than just a few title screens.
a2gvk.jpg

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer

Remember when you were little and your parents used to drive you deep into the nature reserve and leave you there on a promontory with a canteen and a snickers bar? Remember how you used to cry and ask God why this was happening to you?

Trust me, your folks had their reasons.

jebsmoker

Arcane
Patron

it's composed of new content and bug fixes. the new content has battle royale stuff (yes, really, although i don't mind it even though i find the influx of pubg and dayz clones endlessly exhausting) and more quests

i might fuck around with the battle royale content if i can find it

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom