Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grimoire Thread

kryminator

Augur
Jester and Pirate have high stat requirements, so it will be tough for your feyfolk and rhattu. When you level up, you get a random amount of bonus points to apply to attributes, from 1 to 6. Save, and shoot for getting 5 or 6 every time. Then hold on to those points, and spend them when you have enough to change professions. You will probably need to multi-class a couple of times.
Yes, I read about that. I believe that with savescumming my Thief should be able to reach Pirate stats but I am not sure about Jester. I think now that my plan is wrong and I wont be able to respec Assassin into Necromancer, so the path have to be slightly different.
That bonus attribute points per level are influenced by the race/class multiplier?

Dorateen

Arcane
Jester and Pirate have high stat requirements, so it will be tough for your feyfolk and rhattu. When you level up, you get a random amount of bonus points to apply to attributes, from 1 to 6. Save, and shoot for getting 5 or 6 every time. Then hold on to those points, and spend them when you have enough to change professions. You will probably need to multi-class a couple of times.

That bonus attribute points per level are influenced by the race/class multiplier?

I was able to pop 5 and 6's with all different race/class combinations. But I would also get strings of 1 and 2's, which is why you want to save and reload. I thought that the multiplier affected only the bonus points you can spend at character creation, although I would not be surprised if it influenced level up bonus points as well. In practice, it feels like a random 1d6 roll.

d1nolore

Savant
:lol:

903a46f384.png

Hurp derp has no cheats or easy mode. Needs updating derp derp.

Casual Hero

Augur
Started playing today; wow, I love it. Quick question: does the skill 'Lethal Blows' apply to archery? So could I get critical hits using a bow and arrow?

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
1. Will that party handle whatever shit is waiting for them or there will be trouble?

Keep in mind that the Durendil has quite severe limitations on what it can equip. I usually skip that race and the Aeorbs too, which are way too squishy in my opinion. The extra skill points do not make up for the limitations.

2. Is Cleric needed here? I figured out that Templar will go with clerical magic from lvl 3 and my Thaumaturge have spells like cure light wounds

Yeah, other classes have healing spells too, so you may be fine.

3. Will my Feyfolk Bard be able to switch into Jester? From what I read I doubt it can be done directly and it probably needs some more class switching so if I want that Feyfolk to end as Jester then I should not start with Bard because only Bard can respec to Jester and You cannot switch to class You already used. Am I right?

Class changes are quite complex and most races will not be able to get to Jester. Your best bet is with a Barrower. This is probably the easiest pathway and even that has 10-11 class changes:

Barrower Thaumaturge (30% bonus multiplier) to Jester:
  • 11 class changes
  • THAUMATURGE(start) > WIZARD(0p) > NECRO(40p) > SAGE(25p) > CLERIC(10p) > TEMPLAR(65p) > WARRIOR(10p) > BERSERK(10p) > RANGER(0p) > THIEF(20p) > BARD(35p) > JESTER(175p)
  • You go through all but three classes (except Metalsmith, Pirate and Assassin)
  • Easy to do, though requires more luck with getting enough extra attribute points for the Necro, Templar and of course Jester. The Necro can be skipped if you do not get enough points for him after one class change.
  • 290 points required or 290/11 = 26 levelup attribute points on average per class.
The Jester is really supposed to be an almost unreachable dream class.

Cael

Arcane
The Jester is really supposed to be an almost unreachable dream class.
It should then be made into a joke class. After all that striving to get to the ultimate class, you find that it has the lowest HP, no skill whatsoever other than tooting a horn. Honk honk!

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual
The game has been broken since day 1 (and before that the demo). No amount of V1, V2s or V3s is going to change that. One of the biggest mistakes he made was not fixing how Vitality loss works. He just doesn't "get it".

Cleve's gonna Cleve.

Zep--

Tito Anic

Arcane
Shitposter
The game has been broken since day 1 (and before that the demo). No amount of V1, V2s or V3s is going to change that. One of the biggest mistakes he made was not fixing how Vitality loss works. He just doesn't "get it".

Cleve's gonna Cleve.

Zep--

Your butthole is broken since day one.

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual
you can make your guys recover your vitality by having a little cat nap, you stupid taffer

See, this is what some stupid fuck says when they don't know how Cleve fucked up the Vitality.

How he fucked it up has been posted many times. I suggest you doing some research before you open your piehole again and show even more what a dumb faggot you are.

Zep--

jebsmoker

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In I helped put crap in Monomyth
you can make your guys recover your vitality by having a little cat nap, you stupid taffer

See, this is what some stupid fuck says when they don't know how Cleve fucked up the Vitality.

How he fucked it up has been posted many times. I suggest you doing some research before you open your piehole again and show even more what a dumb faggot you are.

Zep--

there is *nothing* broken with the vitality system. it is directly scaled with your stats. you lose it by exerting your characters. you need a little nap every now and then to recover it

GandGolf

Augur
there is *nothing* broken with the vitality system. it is directly scaled with your stats. you lose it by exerting your characters. you need a little nap every now and then to recover it

But you only regain a fixed amount of vitality, so if you have 1000 then you have to drink from the refreshing fountain 250 times and by the time all 8 of your characters have taken enough drinks your first guy has gotten low on vitality again. It seems like Cleve did this to be intentionally annoying.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron

But you only regain a fixed amount of vitality, so if you have 1000 then you have to drink from the refreshing fountain 250 times and by the time all 8 of your characters have taken enough drinks your first guy has gotten low on vitality again. It seems like Cleve did this to be intentionally annoying.

There aren't that many refreshing fountains, so this is a complete strawman. You either sleep to regain vitality or cast a spell. You're literally grasping at straws now to justify your butthurt.

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer

This math is an almost perfect duplication of the way vitality works in Crusaders, as I have discussed previously. It took much tweaking to get it closer and closer to Wiz 7. I don't think you appreciate how this keeps the challenge of restoring vitality a bit steep no matter how high your level goes. You can't just fight and fight without rest. At some point you may be forced to take prolonged rest to recover at the highest levels, the same way weightlifters need more rest as they get stronger. You have the capacity to exhaust yourself in a way you could not have done when you were lower level. It's very close to the way rest works in Wiz 7 and I thought it was awesome. Not everything gets easy as you level up. Some things still require patience and attention to party conditions and illnesses. A guy with 999 vitality can take a lot of rest to restore his strength and maximum capacity.

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer

Zep--

Zep, seriously you need an examination for early onset dementia. No joke. You don't sound like you're all there mentally.

jebsmoker

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In I helped put crap in Monomyth
it's a representation of how much physical energy your characters have. the less they have, the more fatigue they have

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom