Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grimoire Thread

Self-Ejected

buru5

Very Grumpy Dragon
Patron
How do I use a spellbook or items in general?

Durandal

Arcane
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
So, how playable is the game?
Nobody knows for sure. The sheer miracle of Grimoire actually getting released has sent the Codex and many gamers in a state of such disarray that sucking Cleve's cock is the only surefire method of maintaining our sanity. The heretics who refuse to believe are then detected by one of the many hidden subroutines in the game's code which forcefully bricks their game under the guise of a bug. Nobody knows because nobody can play it. In a way, things have never changed at all.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik

Its the same shit. How did our ancestors defeat Cleve's ancestors?!?!

x9OOTxz.png

Whiny-Butthurt-Liberal

The non-release of Grimoire was far more entertaining than some buggy wizardry clone. But I'm still glad the ordeal is over.

Can anyone confirm that this is anything more than the old demo?

Last edited by a moderator:

biggestboss

Liturgist
Finally killed that snake in Aquavia. I got wiped by it like 20 times until I learned that it's suspectible to Poison and the vampire's charm attack.

Glorious incline.

Naveen

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
It seems playable to me. I keep getting raped by bats or worms, but I can play the game even if I have no idea what I'm doing. I haven't experienced any crash or bug (using Windows 10), and it works great (Fullscreen) except what has already been mentioned about the Music skill (but I don't know if that's a bug or a feature.) I would change a few things, though:

-The intensity and frequency of the critter sounds, especially when is there are more than one since that seems to multiply the frequency and they are CAWing, CREEEing, GRRRRing all the time until my ears bleed.
-I'd like to be able to use the mouse wheel when inspecting the skill list because it's p. long and I'm going to break the left mouse button otherwise.
-The character library is hard to navigate, and most of it is empty (at least for now,) which makes it even more difficult to find that character you want or need.
-More tooltips or info, but the manual might solve that anyway.
-A bigger info panel when inspecting weapons and items?
-It's a minor issue, but when attacking, I think the game says something like "Naveen bashes quarterstaff." It should say "[Character] [action] WITH/THE [weapon]" right?

Last edited:

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Some first impressions as compared to the superdemo and beta:

- The moutains and town on the horizon are a nice touch
- So are the new splash screen graphics when entering something
- Starting in the wilderness seems easier than the mountains - those are the two I tried so far

Will probably wait a few days for the manual for proper character creation and playthrough.

Also, downvote those morons on Steam who complain that it's too hard or that they cannot figure it out. You'd think a $40 price tag would keep them away.

Tomatohead

Learned
Some first impressions as compared to the superdemo and beta:

- The moutains and town on the horizon are a nice touch
- So are the new splash screen graphics when entering something
- Starting in the wilderness seems easier than the mountains - those are the two I tried so far

Will probably wait a few days for the manual for proper character creation and playthrough.

Also, downvote those morons on Steam who complain that it's too hard or that they cannot figure it out. You'd think a $40 price tag would keep them away.
M'lady~! As always, your literature is inspiring. You enlighten my spirit with your review.

Smyrfington

Literate
I'm just gonna take this as proof that you dumped all your academia skill points into anatomy for your special project, and had nothing left to put into mythology for identifying a rodent
So you have to be a mythology expert to see that a rat is a rat? 3deep5me

Not an expert, but at least something more than no points invested. (Wizardry 7 uses mythology skill to identify creatures for those not inclined enough to appreciate the joke)

Self-Ejected

buru5

Very Grumpy Dragon
Patron
Too hard? This game isn't hard at all at the beginning. Maybe later on but I wouldn't know yet. These "reviewers" play for 10 minutes, get wiped by ?WORMS? then rage quit like children. All bad reviews can be wrote off as butthurt sapes who kept saying the game was never coming out, they're so assblasted that they handle their cognitive dissonance by saying shit like "well it's a piece of shit anyways, Cleve can't program worth a damn, 0/10" or they are just pure mental midgets and don't understand how to play video games.

Lord Andre

Arcane
Okay I played about 6 hours now and decided to take a brake.

I'm surprised no one is mentioning the fact that Cleveland Mark Blakemore actually fixed those bugs in record time. Even the annoying bug where the music volume reset to max on game start is fixed.

Come on give the man some credit, that was awesome.

Game related, I've started in Eerie Wastes and within a couple of minutes you're in a village. At first I was bummed out thinking I chose the easy start compared to the forest until I realized that merely walking from the house where I squat to the store was a non stop quest to protect my virgin butthole from getting cornholed every other step. It's grorious.

The game has a lot of nice surprises like discovering safe havens to sleep or that by sleeping near a lit fireplace replenishes your stats in record time.

When you visit a store, use all your items on the shopkeeper, he can identify stuff for real and puts an entry in the journal for some of the more puzzling artifacts.

Smyrfington

Literate
It's too hard because retards are using the same attack on every single type of enemy.
Use smash on worms and slash on flowers and your attacks are actually going to make some damage.

Obviously too intellectually straining for some morons to figure out, R00FLz!
I'm willing to bet that in addition to monsters having different resists to attack types, each attack type probably also has different modifiers per Wizardry

ShadowSpectre

Arbiter
For those that have no issues running Grimoire (or have fixed the issues and can now play), I'm curious to how Grimoire holds up after hours and hours of gameplay. Steam babies are not reliable with their 0.5hr play times and continue to be decline degenerates. Any game-breaking bugs 10+ hours into the game?

mercyRPG

Cipher
Starting in prison, after the first battle loot gives the 'special Key'.
Log Sez:
ERROR 'ResPack.cpp' Line 671 Data Record Index Exceeds End Of Binary / 19

Never mind the Scale to Fit--> "Scale Window" clips eats couple of pixels off the fullscreen game.. as you can see, some portion of the real game window edge is missing all around. :) Too tired and too hot here late this night to write a negative review. Will try again tomorrow.

WTiNEq3.png

Back to ELMINAGE GOTHIC!!
Where I have solved the ugly "coin machine sound in the menu"-problem! Anybody hates the friggin, loud, annoying coin machine sound that you have to endure every battle turn, when selecting anything in character choice for BATTLE ROUND options *** PM me for the amazing solution of switching off that sound: makes ELMINAGE GOTHIC so much more enjoyable! At least that game
+ starts fullscreen,
+ has no apparent bugs,
+ has smooth graphics,
+ scales to fullscreen beautifully and a
+ joy to play compared to ANCIENT Grimoire with pixelated 16-bit graphics, clipping - eating away from the game screen at fullscreen and crashing without the opportuity to save..........:(

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom