Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Grimoire Thread

Discussion in 'Golden Era Games' started by LESS T_T, Aug 4, 2017.

1. Reapa Doom Preacher

Reapa
    this is not unexpected. relax. all runs according to plan.

• Prestigious Prestigious x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Tomatohead Learned

Tomatohead
    Penis worms will never crush me!

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    ^ Top  
  3. fantadomat Dumbfuck! Dumbfuck Edgy

fantadomat
    I thought that you are a troll/ork ,not a snowflake.Well if you are that sensitive....well buy buy.

• Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 11
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. tekknej Novice

tekknej
    by the way, 64% positive is exactly GTA V tier. not sure what that means...

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. Stabwound Arcane

Stabwound
    I have to say, besides the crashes I seem to get 50% of the time I loot an item from battle, this game is exceptionally good so far. Seriously, fuck the retards spamming it with bad reviews after playing it for 20 minutes and crying.

The game is a little rough around the edges, yes, but I'm having a ton of fun with it so far.

(and please fix the loot crashes)

• Brofist x 8
    • Salute x 2
    • incline x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. Kahr Guest

Kahr
    Is Cleve still a fucking faggot?

• butthurt x 11
    • Shit x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • it is a mystery x 1
    • retadred x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. Humanity has risen! Arcane Patron Repressed Homosexual

Humanity has risen!
    Ultimately this is the best hallmark of a great game I have found.

I thought it as how eager you were to replay it after having played it once, but I now think it is discussing the game's finer details and noticing the small intricaties and how well they are all woven together.

This is a game that is still going to be discussed and debated here in ten years.

• Brofist Brofist x 7
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • incline incline x 2
    • Salute Salute x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. bataille Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

bataille
    Stamina drain...

• Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. fantadomat Dumbfuck! Dumbfuck Edgy

fantadomat
    I played it for an hour and just decided to replay MM3/4/5.The UI is really filled with a bunch of pointless clicks,there is not a minimap and when you open the map screen you can't exit it with ESC but you have to click.This is a problem because the textures are very repetitive and that makes it very confusing.Also if you get seesick from the movement,you can make it instant like in the old schools.Also the Character creator is a mess and annoying,i had to rage quit a tree times before i could even make a whole party.I don't think that the game is hard at this point.I will try it out again after a few days drinking.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2017
    • decline decline x 2
    • retadred retadred x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. biggestboss Learned

biggestboss
    Does anyone know what to do with the 3 clocks in Aquavia?

^ Top  
  11. hogcranker Novice Patron

hogcranker
    Spilling your seed is an affront to God, but technically what you promised involves not a drop of spillage. No worries, have at.

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. biggestboss Learned

biggestboss
    Grimoire Selling Like Crazy On The Steam Store Overnight
    AUGUST 4 - GOLDEN ERA GAMES
    Grimoire was quietly released in the morning in America without much fanfare and has sold well over a thousand copies before closing hours. Not bad for an indie game written by one person with almost no advertising whatsoever of any kind. The sales seem to be increasing hourly.

Everybody who has played it has known they are on the verge of discovering something really amazing. A lack of understanding of the user interface and game mechanics has not prevented the majority of players from concluding they may be looking at one of the best computer roleplaying games ever written. The smartest ones intuit it, they don't need a press rep to give them a bag of promotional goodies for them to guess it.

For this reason, the manual is a priority this weekend and it will be released as a prototype early next week.

Initial reports of bugs in the display (mostly due to resolutions and display modes that did not exist only a few years ago) were fixed shortly after the game went live. There were other problems with 64 bit machines that were also solved in less than 120 minutes after they were reported.

This did not stop a vocal, dedicated group of politically motivated activists from deliberately purchasing the game solely to give it a bad review and then get a refund. They were trying to stop a tsunami by body surfing the edge of it. That attempt has already tanked. The incline is so suffused in Grimoire it is only a matter of time before their slander of the game is washed away by the sheer volume of people discovering how rich it is.

As the author, I know what people have not discovered yet. They are on the tip of an iceberg and Grimoire runs into deep, deep waters. The density they see now is only a fraction of what they are going to find as they push further into the game. A play of only a few hours will not even break the surface. The familiar area of the original demo, the Avian Mountains, is now only a single drop of rain in a cyclone compared to how much they will discover when they leave this area. Rather than tell people of the Dirge ... or of Waterport ... or of Bahomet Megalith ... or of the Necropolix ... or of Black Pierre ... or of the Raven Wildes ... or a hundred other areas ... or of the vast story that awaits them ... would only spoil the fun. I prefer to let word of mouth do that for me, the best kind of promotion of them all.

• incline x 13
    • Salute x 4
    • Brofist x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Fabulously Optimistic x 1
    • WTF am I reading x 1
    • Shit x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. jfunk Savant

jfunk
    [​IMG]

• Funny x 36
    • Brofist x 5
    • Salute x 5
    • Informative x 1
    • Old x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. SausageInYourFace Codexian Sausage Patron

SausageInYourFace
    Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    Dad, where were you when master Blakemore finally released Grimoire?

I was at home, sipping coffee, rapidly switching between tabs, so I could shitpost on the Codex while upboating and downboating reviews on Steam.

Wow, thats great dad! Thank you for your service! I am so proud of you!

I only did my duty, son. For all of us.

• Salute Salute x 15
    • Prestigious Prestigious x 3
    • Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  15. jfunk Savant

jfunk
    Backer keys Cleve? I need one before I can buy more copies to gift.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Yes Yes x 1
    • Fabulously Optimistic Fabulously Optimistic x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. bataille Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

bataille
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Hmmm... This reminds me of a bandaged crypt skeletron (which resides near a body of water) from another classic dungeon crawler... But I can't quite put my finger on which one is that...

• Funny x 2
    • Prestigious x 2
    • :M x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • incline x 1
    • When words are not enough x 1
    • it is a mystery x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. mercyRPG Arbiter

mercyRPG
    + Unfortunately just 50%. Made in 14 days for a Construct 2 game competition (2012) "Rotating platformer" category, meaning disk shaped levels, where the gravity leads you to the center sanctum. Only the title screen remains by now:
    [​IMG]
    ..after the Scirra Arcade server crashed sometime in 2015.. All servers link to the original unfortunately...

+ One paid finished Pacman/playboy mix for a medical conference that was well liked by the doctors and their children. (Turbo Pascal + VGA + sound library) (1995)

+ If you did like the Arc Thrower in XCOM 2 Long War.. :) (2016)

Currently working on helping to upgrade a popular, old, party based RPG, which we hope to see receive much higher rating than 64% positive on Steam. (2017)

• Acknowledge this user's Agenda Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 2
    ^ Top  
  18. jfunk Savant

jfunk
    Sounds awesome, I may have to play that game some day.

^ Top  
  19. mediocrepoet Arcane Patron

mediocrepoet
    Codex 2012 MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
    I'm too busy to try a real play session today, but I rolled a few characters and tooled around with quick start a bit. I haven't encountered any bugs yet and I tried doing things that people said crashed it and the game remained playable, so I guess Cleve's patch worked. Haven't CTD'd at all, but I see why people have been complaining about some of the sound effect frequency, etc. I also didn't experience any weirdness with my mouse.

I think the only thing that's bugging me is: are there no keyboard controls? I couldn't find a way to enable any, so it seems like everything is mouse driven. Is that right?

Running on a Windows 10 machine, 1920x1080 resolution using scale to fit (nothing is cut off, it fills up the top and bottom and shows black borders on the sides as the game is in a 4:3 resolution or something along those lines).

Note: I was only screwing around in the first area a few times and teleported to Crowl once before I stopped to get back to reality. I also launched the game 3-4 times without any issues.

edit: I just thought I'd mention all this in case you're worried about the bug reports.

• Salute Salute x 2
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. ga♥ Liturgist

ga♥
    [​IMG]

• hopw roewur ne hopw roewur ne x 7
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. Baff Erudite Patron

Baff
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
    click on each box on one side until every box has a number in it. Then click on the chains on each side for #1, then #2, etc.

^ Top  
  22. Jaesun Fabulous Moderator

Jaesun
    Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
    Have you even played a cRPG before?

Jebus H Christmas....

• it is a mystery x 5
    • Brofist x 3
    • Funny x 3
    • Agree x 2
    • Balanced x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. PEACH Learned

PEACH
    I heard F1 showed hotkeys of some sort I think? I Could be wrong, can't load it up right now and check.

WASD can be used to move though which is a LOT faster than i've seen people moving in most streams today using the mouse

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. zwanzig_zwoelf Graverobber Foundation Developer

zwanzig_zwoelf
    So, Jaesun, are you turning full hetero like you promised? :)

• Funny x 11
    • Fabulously Optimistic x 3
    • Despair x 2
    • Brofist x 1
    • incline x 1
    • Salute x 1
    ^ Top  
  25. Stabwound Arcane

Stabwound
    So, one of my characters got hit by a worm and went to -1 stamina. Now, he takes 100 years of sleeping to regain any stamina at all, and he has no status effects on him. Bug?

• incline incline x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Balanced Balanced x 1
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)