Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grimoire Thread

logrus

Augur
Project: Eternity
That is beyond ridiculus Cleve shits on his bakers. Merging two XLS files is sooo hard for a godly programmer.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Cleve is probably sleeping after staying awake for 3 days in row. Or eating a whopper in mcdonalds.
Or yelling at people who give him bad reviews:

https://thenextweb.com/gaming/2017/...t-video-game-releases-scathing-steam-reviews/
cXbFkK0.png

bataille

Arcane
So I'm in Crowl trying to find

Raghilda's sister. I remember reading that she was possibly in the Temple Baths, so I went down there and there's a skeleton gate which looks like someone was dragged through in there. I can't unlock or interact with the gate in any way and I don't know if there are keywords that trigger conversations with any of the NPCs. Anyone know what to do at this point?

Yeah, I'm there as well. I thought you'd need to repeat the path of whoever was dragged there, but it doesn't seem to work...

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.pcgamesn.com/grimoire/grimoire-takes-20-years-of-development

Grimoire dev thinks his own game is the “greatest roleplaying game of them all”

It’s taken 20 years to get Grimoire: Heralds of the Winged Exemplar ready for release on Steam and yes, you read that right. Yes, I said 20 years. No, I didn’t typo it.

“After more than 20 years of development, the greatest roleplaying game of them all is finally ready for release!” writes developer Cleveland Mark Blakemore, on Grimoire’s Steam page (thanks, Kotaku).

“Grimoire was quietly released in the morning in America without much fanfare and has sold well over a thousand copies before closing hours,” adds Blakemore in a subsequent update. “Not bad for an indie game written by one person with almost no advertising whatsoever of any kind. The sales seem to be increasing hourly.”

Although generating “mostly positive” reviews, it’s not launched without a hitch, though.

“For a game 20-years in development and delayed so many times, I'm kindda disapointed [sic] by the amount of bugs and technical issues,” says one reviewer. “Therefore I cannot recommend the game at the moment but once everything gets fixed/patched, it'd become a good niche game.”

“On the positive side, I'm having fun and I can see how a fan of this kind of game will enjoy it (expect your share of treasures, secrets, loot, random combat and even talkable NPCs via a keyword system). For others, be aware that this game is not for the weak and requires thinking.”

Blakemore says he’s already tackled the “initial reports of bugs” seemingly caused by resolutions and display modes “that did not exist only a few years ago”. Other problems with 64-bit machines were also squashed “less than 120 minutes after they were reported.”

“This did not stop a vocal, dedicated group of politically motivated activists from deliberately purchasing the game solely to give it a bad review and then get a refund,” adds Blakemore in a subsequent update. “They were trying to stop a tsunami by body surfing the edge of it. That attempt has already tanked. The incline is so suffused in Grimoire it is only a matter of time before their slander of the game is washed away by the sheer volume of people discovering how rich it is.”

Yikes. Salty much? Others seem to agree.

“The game may be good or bad, I don't know, but coming on steam as the author and proclaiming your own game to be "one of the best computer roleplaying games ever written" is just going to rub people up the wrong way,” says a commenter.

Grimoire is out now on Steam with a 10 percent discount knocking the price down from £29.99 to £26.99.

I’ll leave you with Blakemore’s latest comments on his own game:

“As the author, I know what people have not discovered yet. They are on the tip of an iceberg and Grimoire runs into deep, deep waters. The density they see now is only a fraction of what they are going to find as they push further into the game. A play of only a few hours will not even break the surface. The familiar area of the original demo, the Avian Mountains, is now only a single drop of rain in a cyclone compared to how much they will discover when they leave this area. Rather than tell people of the Dirge ... or of Waterport ... or of Bahomet Megalith ... or of the Necropolix ... or of Black Pierre ... or of the Raven Wildes ... or a hundred other areas ... or of the vast story that awaits them ... would only spoil the fun. I prefer to let word of mouth do that for me, the best kind of promotion of them all.”

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
I'm basically at a standstill where I can't progress further. The mummy boss in Aquavia just annihilates me, no one can penetrate. The jolly men that block the way in Briar woods, same thing.

Also the same thing with the snake blocking the path in the other part of Aquavia. I 100% mapped out the Shrine of the Raptor, but my dudes are all still lvl 1 and I found no equipment so far that can really make a difference. What am I even doing wrong?

You need to get your guys better gear and more levels.

All of those fights have some strategy to them (sleep, poison, mind rot etc.) but if you don't have the means at your disposal, you can be hosed.

Also, the encounters are random - you can fight a boss with EXTRAS or a boss that its alone by himself... So save scum.

I doubt the early game can be done "legit" without having a bard to exploit.

Tomatohead

Learned
Last edited:

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Alright. I bought it. $18 for 20 years of a man's life. A steal, really.

Rostere

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 RPG Wokedex Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
So Grimoire is good to the point it cured Baxander insanity ?

Of course. Just look at his Metacritic review:

I would like to take the time to apologize to Cleve. He is right and I am wrong I am accepting the reality that I am a emasculated human being.

I'm sorry Cleve sorry for all my lies and hate campaign against you on youtube. I want to be just like you really that is why I started working on my own RPG but right now I am busy experiencing the 600+ hours of content.

:positive:

Rick

Erudite
So, I like doing weird stuff like a no-magic party, or an all-magic party.

Is it safe to assume either of those would be extremely difficult or even impossible to succeed with?

Rostere

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 RPG Wokedex Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
There's constantly been Grimoire threads on 4chan /v/ since release. Let's see what they are saying there... Oh.

You cannot defeat rpgcodex. They are one of the highest concentrations of autism known to man. They far exceed WMD-tier autism. If /v/ was considered a water gun, rpgcodex would be the death star. Their desire for more drpgs will lead them to convince themselves it's good, and try to force others to believe it too.

I want to torture rpg codex posters for being jaded d&d nerds.

Seems like the Codex's reputation reaches far and wide over the Internet...

Valky

Arcane
Manlet
/v/ is just jealous because they know that their pitiful little trashheap would rather shitpost about random shit than discuss video games and of the video games they do discuss, it's absolute popamole casual territory

Weasel
There's constantly been Grimoire threads on 4chan /v/ since release. Let's see what they are saying there... Oh.

You cannot defeat rpgcodex. They are one of the highest concentrations of autism known to man. They far exceed WMD-tier autism. If /v/ was considered a water gun, rpgcodex would be the death star. Their desire for more drpgs will lead them to convince themselves it's good, and try to force others to believe it too.

I want to torture rpg codex posters for being jaded d&d nerds.

Seems like the Codex's reputation reaches far and wide over the Internet...

Ha, they even threw in my old photoshop of Cleve with the Romeros and Fargos. And someone linked a Youtube upload of the Grimoire thread video saying "prepare your space bar". Not sure what a non-Dexer would make of that thing.

DashiDMV

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
/v/ is just jealous because they know that their pitiful little trashheap would rather shitpost about random shit than discuss video games and of the video games they do discuss, it's absolute popamole casual territory

They all got cucked by Moot when he sold them out for his SJW gf and then got scooped up by a japanese data miner. Anyone with a shred of dignity left went to another chan or forum. You are pretty much seeing the bottom of the bottom of the barrel over there at this point.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
That is beyond ridiculous Cleve shits on his backers. Merging two XLS files is sooo hard for a godly programmer.
Yup, almost 48hs since release and Cleve has done everything from patching the game to posting updates and even commenting on online articles.... EXCEPT sending the goddamn backer keys. :/

Valky

Arcane
Manlet

They all got cucked by Moot when he sold them out for his SJW gf and then got scooped up by a japanese data miner. Anyone with a shred of dignity left went to another chan or forum. You are pretty much seeing the bottom of the bottom of the barrel over there at this point.
I'm including any and all /v/ from any imageboard, not just 4chan.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom