Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Grimoire V2

Corvinus

Arcane
I'm sorry Cleve but i wouldn't waste my money on a game that was developed by a dickhead .

Salve, Citizen!

Despite only having three posts to your name, you have entered as candidatus in the most prestigious of competitions: Greatest Codex Retard 2018!

Not many are bestowed with such an honour, but our own [I]Bellator Sempervirens[/I] graciously took you under his wing as patron.

What say you?

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

A_boring_GOG_bot

Self-Ejected
I'm sorry Cleve but i wouldn't waste my money on a game that was developed by a dickhead .

Salve, citizen!

Despite only having three posts to your name, you have entered as candidatus in the most prestigious of competitions: Greatest Codex Retard 2018!

Not many are bestowed with such an honour, but our own [I]Bellator Sempervirens[/I] graciously took you under his wing as patron.

What say you?

* laughs *

I got the message .

So i'm only allowed to post positive things about the dev and his game in here .

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Where the hell do I find "Patron Argent"? HALP!

Also:

eIIWIbb.png

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
Where the hell do I find "Patron Argent"? HALP!

Also:

eIIWIbb.png

I have unignored you upon discovering you found this ending.

Just want to give you three hints ...

1. It's good you saved the Medusa Head. Most people use it early on in combat or otherwise. I was counting on that when I put it in the game. You have instead kept it this whole time and that means you could discover the mother of all Easter Eggs if you were to use it in the right place. I am only guessing but I think that may be the Demonhead Coin you have in your inventory as well. Most people chuck it thinking it worthless. I was counting on that too when I stuck it in the game. There is a place where you can use both in the right sequence and discover an Easter Egg that nobody has ever found to date in the game. I challenge you to find it and post a screenshot here. It is possible in Grimoire to wipe out the entire Demon Horde.

2. It also looks like you got the additional alien guns from a billion years in the future, good going there too. People were complaining there weren't enough guns in the game to outfit your whole party so I stuck these in for people who could find them. By the way, the future for Hyperborea is inspired by Hodgson's THE NIGHTLANDS, kind of a nod to a project I intend to do in time. If done in a different sequence this could be a big help when finally entering Blackspike to fight the hordes of robots and aliens.

3. You will need to explore the Tomb of Doom before you can get the Patron Argent. Somebody in the crypt there was once one of the eleetz and you will need several things there in order to find the "Theosophy Lodge."

What did you think of all the new regions and content? Believe it or not, all of this stuff was in the original design document, I just gave up in despair last year and went with the release of what I had, trimming some stuff at the time because I could not miss any more deadlines because of the extreme butthurt that would result.

P.S. I have notes from 1994 stating "Should have a vision from the Dying Earth genre at the end of time, so far in the future all the conflict in the game is rendered meaningless ... but also be able to return to continue on with the gameplay. This will be something not even Wizardry had."

Last edited:

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
What did you think of all the new regions and content? Believe it or not, all of this stuff was in the original design document, I just gave up in despair last year and went with the release of what I had, trimming some stuff at the time because I could not miss any more deadlines because of the extreme butthurt that would result.

I think many of them were thematically quite interesting. The small "time travel" segment especially could've been expanded greatly, that is the kind of a thing you don't see in normal games.

Many of them are unfortunately crying desperately for new game mechanics and art, especially tilesets. And RNG chests with actually useful content (firewalker boots, anyone?).

Some of them are literally driving me crazy, because many times it seems that there might be more to a location, yet I don't have the item required at hand. In a normal game you could be certain that there is no hidden content, but with Grimoire you don't have the luxury. A kingdom for the ability to teleport to a specific map!

Deleted Member 16721

This really sounds like a fantastic experience. One I'm definitely going to have to give its proper time to when I get the chance (still have a lot on my plate as far as games go, gotta hit Arcanum which will take me about 2.5 years to complete) :)

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Can anyone confirm that the high level spells actually work? Astral Travel still keeps on giving me "nothing happened" message, while "Recharge" doesn't do anything. Matter Clone refused to actually clone anything I'd actually want cloned, but I didn't bother testing w. trash consumables.

Dimeonsion Gate+Teleport probably works.

Never found any of the summon/illusion spells useful, by the time I can cast them reliably they just slow down the combat that'd otherwise end in few turns.

And why does Power Nimbus need to be cast in combat? Grrr...

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Has V2 b0rked mouse speed for anyone else? It used to work fine before, but now it feels like there's this kind of huge delay/lag to moving the mouse, and it's pretty annoying.

Has V2 b0rked mouse speed for anyone else? It used to work fine before, but now it feels like there's this kind of huge delay/lag to moving the mouse, and it's pretty annoying.
I had that but I've also only played with V2, not V1. Running in Windows XP SP3 compatibility mode calmed it down for me, but I was also running it windowed at 1024X768.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
I have no mouse lag issues. Full screen or windowed. Win7 w/o anything special.

Anyone with old save: I heartily recommend class switching. Went from 1 mil XP for next level to doing 5 level ups in 5 fights.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
1. It's good you saved the Medusa Head. Most people use it early on in combat or otherwise. I was counting on that when I put it in the game. You have instead kept it this whole time and that means you could discover the mother of all Easter Eggs if you were to use it in the right place. I am only guessing but I think that may be the Demonhead Coin you have in your inventory as well. Most people chuck it thinking it worthless. I was counting on that too when I stuck it in the game. There is a place where you can use both in the right sequence and discover an Easter Egg that nobody has ever found to date in the game. I challenge you to find it and post a screenshot here. It is possible in Grimoire to wipe out the entire Demon Horde.

I guess there is a reason why nobody has posted that screenshot...

LvkIb5i.jpg

I have to admit, it made me feel good when I realized that lugging all this stuff around had a purpose.

mastroego

Arcane
I'm more and more convinced I have to wait for the Manual, learn what's possible from it like I was in 1996 or something, then play.

After 2 unexpected releases one can be excused for expecting the Manual will be here in a matter of hours.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom