Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Grimoire V2

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
Has V2 b0rked mouse speed for anyone else? It used to work fine before, but now it feels like there's this kind of huge delay/lag to moving the mouse, and it's pretty annoying.
I had that but I've also only played with V2, not V1. Running in Windows XP SP3 compatibility mode calmed it down for me, but I was also running it windowed at 1024X768.

Solution to mouse problems - reduce mouse polling rate to 125 Hz in driver software

Solution to improper scaling - set your launch options in steam properties for the game to -w1024 -h768

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
Where the hell do I find "Patron Argent"? HALP!

Also:

eIIWIbb.png

Can you write how you got this ending

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Has anyone found the mini-games yet? I thought they'd be at the Carnival Bazaar in Kublai Axis, but couldn't find them.

The gym is there though - and is pretty useless. You can get 10000 EXP if you have two strong enough characters, but it costs you 50,000 gold.

Also, anyone actually used a Metalsmith for something? Does it work? Or enchanting? I hope I won't need to enchant my weapons all the time just to go through an area like Skulheim.

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
Can you write how you got this ending

Explore new content (Mt. Periwinkle) and do something really, really stupid?

I can be more explicit if necessary, but it is rather obvious once you get there.

Should i always look at manual, since people say puzzles of this game are really adventure-like (i.e. constant trial and error), or it is possible to finish game just by moving forward and figuring staff?

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
Has anyone found the mini-games yet? I thought they'd be at the Carnival Bazaar in Kublai Axis, but couldn't find them.

The gym is there though - and is pretty useless. You can get 10000 EXP if you have two strong enough characters, but it costs you 50,000 gold.

Also, anyone actually used a Metalsmith for something? Does it work? Or enchanting? I hope I won't need to enchant my weapons all the time just to go through an area like Skulheim.

Anyone found Patron Agent?

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer

The new content is meant to be obscure and a reward just to find.

The Tomb of Doom is a good place to start.

Ask the Khan Raji about the Paragons.

The Theosophy Lodge is in a hedgerow back in Ghost City of Gideon. That's where you will find the Patron Argent but first you'll need the password to get in.

The Accursed Church is in the Raven Wildes or thereabouts but you'll need a password there and it only works at midnight.

As I said, the Tomb of Doom is a good place to start things rolling.

The Mount Periwinkle is another adventure altogether, totally unrelated so if you can make the climb you can also start there.

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik

The new content is meant to be obscure and a reward just to find.

The Tomb of Doom is a good place to start.

Ask the Khan Raji about the Paragons.

The Theosophy Lodge is in a hedgerow back in Ghost City of Gideon. That's where you will find the Patron Argent but first you'll need the password to get in.

The Accursed Church is in the Raven Wildes or thereabouts but you'll need a password there and it only works at midnight.

As I said, the Tomb of Doom is a good place to start things rolling.

The Mount Periwinkle is another adventure altogether, totally unrelated so if you can make the climb you can also start there.

When aprox. we can get manual?

Its only good game out there that worth playing atm for me, and i cant - because no clue what stats actually do! For example Int and Wis looks worthless (?) for casters but casters get them at level ups!

Gunnar

Arbiter
With the wiki and some forum help you can play well without the manual. It really doesn't take that long to figure everything out. Cleve likes to have bait to dangle. Once he drops the manual, what will he have? I mean there's literally a section in the game where he makes fun of people waiting for the manual.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
With the wiki and some forum help you can play well without the manual. It really doesn't take that long to figure everything out. Cleve likes to have bait to dangle. Once he drops the manual, what will he have? I mean there's literally a section in the game where he makes fun of people waiting for the manual.

Pretty much. If you've ever played Wizardry 6-8 (7 particularly) you should have no trubble finding your way around, and the few obtuse things that can hardly be figured out you can just ask about or google.

Efe

Erudite
tell me why people keep saing aeorb racial power is great and i cant see it working even once?

Incendax

Augur
Its only good game out there that worth playing atm for me, and i cant - because no clue what stats actually do! For example Int and Wis looks worthless (?) for casters but casters get them at level ups!
What is the manual going to tell you that clicking on the attribute and reading the description won’t? I’m sure Cleve is going to try and make a decent manual, but it’s probably not going to crunch numbers for you.

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
tell me why people keep saing aeorb racial power is great and i cant see it working even once?

Are you an anti-seemight? The Aeorbs have ears ... er ... eyes everywhere! Watch what you say about them. They have strange customs and fraternal organizations all over, you are bound to get into some trouble with that loose talk about them. Could get unpleasant for you if they begin calling your place of business and asking questions about you.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
Surely I am not the only person who never read manuals. The people who are whining about the manual are desperately searching for something to criticize.

Generic-Giant-Spider

I hope the manual is an epilepsy warning, a quick run down of controls, a brief overview of the game, and a picture of Cleveland Blakemore at the Blakemore Compound posing for a picture with a glass of wine.

mastroego

Arcane
Surely I am not the only person who never read manuals. The people who are whining about the manual are desperately searching for something to criticize.
I for one am not criticizing, I just bought the game knowing more or less what happened until now.
I just hope I'll get the manual because I haven't played any Wizardry games, and it seems like there's stuff one should know to play this one.

Gunnar

Arbiter
If there's no need for a manual then what attributes are good for casters and in what way do they manifest their influence ?

Casters seem to just need skill points, which means DEV or lots of class changes. The only other unknown variable I can see is WIL, which says something about improving casting and summoning. Not saying it wont be nice to have the manual for things like this but is that really not enough info to make a caster with? Put points into WIL and/or DEV. Probably better to make DEV builds that use healing and support magic and WIL builds for striking and summoning magic.

Draxylon

Savant

For me is just the pleasure to read a nice manual, like the Homeworld or the Arcanum ones. For sure it will be pretty good given Cleve's imagination and prose. And yes, an experienced crpg player doesn't need a manual to play this game.

He loves to have people expectant... I still autistically refreshing this page each minute waiting anxious for THE manual
:dealwithit:

Rando Thoughtful

Educated
Patron
I've never tried playing a game like this. Is it an acquired taste or worth playing for someone new to blobbers? Or is there something I should play to 'test the waters'?

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
Casters seem to just need skill points, which means DEV or lots of class changes. The only other unknown variable I can see is WIL, which says something about improving casting and summoning. Not saying it wont be nice to have the manual for things like this but is that really not enough info to make a caster with? Put points into WIL and/or DEV. Probably better to make DEV builds that use healing and support magic and WIL builds for striking and summoning magic.

And if Int actually matters for casting and you ignore it?

Dorateen

Arcane
Or is there something I should play to 'test the waters'?

Might & Magic III: Isles of Terra is typically a good starting point for an introduction to this style of cRPG. Mechanically, it is simpler than Grimoire. But gives you a nice colorful open world to explore, large party, and a mix of puzzles and combat.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom