Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Grimoire Version 2 is actually out

Bohr

Arcane
I'm on the fence about buying it. Would you guys reckon it's a good time to pick Grimoire up?

The 9€ price tag is mighty enticing, especially since Cleve explicitly said the game would never cost less than $40. Yet here we are.

I'd jump in now, it's a great price for a unique product aimed at the gaming elite +M

JDBsR9ON_o.png

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
And thus is came to pass, while false prophets of decline like Fergus and Fargo showed themselves as the circus clowns they always had been by selling out for some crack and the promise of many weak handjobs to give to their new master, the one true prophet gave the unwashed masses one last glorious gift in the shape of his refined holy book of Grimoire
And the faithful who had kept the faith for the last 20 years (and 8 months) rejoiced while the retarded like Zepo Zep, Country Gravy and other foul agents of Decline (and Bethesda) shrank away from the golden light of Incline and their edgy retardness was never again taken with any sort of value forever again
Excerpt from the revised Holy Book of Grimoire
:ibelieveincleve:

TheGameSquid

Scholar
Haven't been able to get behind my PC since V2 dropped, so can someone please tell me: does V2 actually include the manual?

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Haven't been able to get behind my PC since V2 dropped, so can someone please tell me: does V2 actually include the manual?

No.

Stop talking shit. The manual is in the game folder.

Not on mine, and I have the latest version and I checked the folder of the game under steamapps. Also people that have the game keep asking it and Cleve does not say "It is in the game folder" he says he needs to make it a pdf and that he will add it later.

So all these facts + the title you have here points that you are just shit posting, but if somehow your gamefolder is unique and you actually downloaded the manual then just post it or some pages and prove it?

Bumvelcrow

Somewhat interesting
Patron
Dumbfuck
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Strap Yourselves In
I don't really need a manual

I would like to understand the mechanics before using them. Perhaps it's my inner autist speaking. For most modern games you don't need a manual since they're so streamlined everything is obvious, but for the glory of Grimoire both mind and body need to be ready. I've waited this long - I can wait a bit longer.

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
What is max stat in Grimoire? 100? Or its not limited?

Also anyone tried multi-classing, is it worth it?

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath

Max AC seems to be 125. The stats and skills probably max out at 100 or 125 as well.

This was patched but I don't know how exactly, did he just patch it to be maxed at 125?

Steam:
In 1.2.0.30 the armor class still overflows. Once my IAC goes beyond 127 it turns into a negative number and my TAC becomes 000.

GOLDEN ERA GAMES [developer] 12 Mar @ 4:35am
Next update this will be patched if I have to tape a midget to every copy of Grimoire with a calculator.

Dorateen

Arcane

Max AC seems to be 125. The stats and skills probably max out at 100 or 125 as well.

This was patched but I don't know how exactly, did he just patch it to be maxed at 125?

Steam:
In 1.2.0.30 the armor class still overflows. Once my IAC goes beyond 127 it turns into a negative number and my TAC becomes 000.

GOLDEN ERA GAMES [developer] 12 Mar @ 4:35am
Next update this will be patched if I have to tape a midget to every copy of Grimoire with a calculator.

It was patched to cap the TAC (Total Armor Class) at 125. You still have localized pieces of armor that you can continue to upgrade, even if your TAC is 125. Those individual parts are likely capped at 125 as well.

Regarding stats, I have seen an NPC with over 100 in one attribute, although I only managed to reach that value on a couple of created characters. Skills are capped at 100.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom