Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grunker's Divinity: Original Sin Co-op Mechanics Discussion Thread

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Yep co-op was fantastic in D:OS. We finished the whole game once with the wife and will do it again now with EE. Are there things to be improved? Sure. Has any other RPG ever done anything even close to this? Nope.
Also can't wait for D:OS 2, I'd also love a 4 player Codex co-op game. 4 edgelords together must be fun

Roobenator

Novice
Started a co-op game with a friend earlier this week. He has no D:OS experience and I played vanilla after release for roughly 5 hours. So of course we went tactician difficulty, I created a crafter wizard and he a charisma shadowblade. We have no idea what we are doing lol. Two hours of gaming, had to load like 20 times just counting the tutorial and orcs landing near the bridge to town encounters. Right now it seems that we are way over our head. The Shadowblade is dying all the time and my wizard is shite Geo/Hydro Bless/Regenerate master of disaster...
Got any tips?
We arranged to continue next sunday. I need to buy a headset for this shit, the chat is abit frustrating.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The basic tip is don't hold back. Use any consumables/scrolls/spells you have available whenever possible. You might think you should keep items for later use, but don't worry. You will get endless amounts of stuff, everywhere.

Also, disabling(stunning/knocking down), charming enemies and summons make battles much easier. Any debuffs you can apply to enemies also help of course.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Got any tips?

Covering all Magic bases can be done if you know what you're doing, but effectiveness-wise, it's a trap. Much more powerful to have two mages with hydro/air combo or two mages with fire/geo than we a spread of all four.

For newbies, I would definetely recommend only going with either hydro/air or fire/geo on a mage. Again, anything can be done, it's just harder.

For fighters, Dual Wielding is currently stronger than 2-handed though not by a huge amount, and Bully is a must-have.

Roobenator

Novice
Well, we put the game on a hold because the chat doesn't work half the time and I dont have a headset. After many unsuccesful builds (no heal, lol), I went bow ranger and friend went tank warrior. So much to do that I enjoy in singleplayer rpgs but the sheer amount of dialogue and npcs is abit overwhelming in the beginning atleast.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom