Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

GTA 6 Speculation

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
GTA 6 is going to feature multiple big cities which players can travel across.
In the title which will make you a kind of a drug lord. You will start as a small time guy in Liberty City doing odd chores and small-time thefts and eventually work your way to Vice City where you will join a famous gang. You will be tasked to look after business in liberty city until you are brought back to Vice City and soon become the drug lord.
Rockstar Games has an idea about when they want to release the game but the corporates want to analyze the sales of PS5 and the Xbox 2. This game cant come [out] for ps4 because of memory restrictions. We have 2 major cities along with a vast stretch of highways and Blaine County like countrysides in the middle of it all. There will also be some kind of timed era between the missions with flashbacks.
Certain shops will sell different types of items in different eras. RDR2 type stranger dialogues will be implemented.
There are big plans in online and with major content like newer towns. They are working closely with Microsoft and Sony on cloud gaming which will help them enable online to be a continuous process.

https://www.dexerto.com/gta/gta-6-l...sic-map-locations-shares-story-details-586740

Wunderbar

Arcane
meh.png

Falksi

Arcane
Just make Vice City 2 already.

I don't want a life-sim, nor some false attempt at an "RPG", I want to drive around in cool 80's cars, wearing cool 80's cloths, fucking & killing prostitues to cool 80's music.

All these fucking GTA games, and the most memorable moments are still jump-rolling a lightening speed Lamborghini Countach through the air, and beating someone to death on a gold course to the sound of "Japanese Boy"

Abhay

Augur
There's nothing new that hasn't already been speculated. I don't believe next game will feature multiple cities. Liberty City is boring. Vice city will be cool but I would love to see a completely new city never done before.

In any case, modern GTA's don't excite me now as much as the old one's did.

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
They are the same game every time with a different skin. Boring dumb shit for dude bro console retards. The only way I will care about this series is if they try lots of new things. Being a drug lord would be great if it has some mechanics to it. Just another open world game doing missions is boring as fuck. At least in Watch Dogs 2 there was the drone and dropping bombs on gangs, and hacking to call the cops on an enemy or something. GTA needs to get back on track with some exciting and well tuned FPS missions, driving missions, and then it needs a whole new set of gameplay outside of that.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I only rated you shit because I made a bet opening the topic, that the OP will have no more than 6 shit ratings. Sorry.

Edit: the story featuring growing from small time in Liberty City to a drug lord in Vice City makes me speculate it may be set in the 1970s and inspirations from Donnie Brasco. Fingers crossed!

Catacombs

Arcane
Patron
Liberty City is boring. Vice city will be cool

This in a nutshell. We've already revisited Liberty City and San Andreas. A dedicated Vice City, with Florida-inspired countryside and swamps, set across 10 years in the 1980s, with the landscape literally changing with the time -- development, sprawl, more immigrants -- would be amazing.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
Who the fuck cares.
GTA took a nose dive in quality since San Andreas and Rockstar hasn't made anything interesting/good since 2012. Give a Bully 2, that might peak my interest and stand a change of being genuinely good.

AW8

Arcane
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
GTA VI will be set in parody Houston, Texas. Parts of the city will be constantly flooded after a hurricane and you'll be able to drive a jetski on the highway, allowing me to glorify the misery of people half a planet away by running over citizens wading through the water.
The orange-haired, obnoxiously outspoken US President will be there playing golf and you'll partake in several missions for this completely fictional person as there is some conflict with FEMA over flooded property and the potential riches within, or maybe proof of Russian interference.
Also something something Muslim immigration ban and the southwards wall to Mexico.

But that's not gonna happen, of course. Just like The Elder Scrolls shies away from non-human provinces, GTA is cursed to re-visit LA, NYC and Miami - forever.

The only thing I know about GTA VIce City is that it will feature Rick Ross in a voice role similar in size to Lester in the last game, and he'll also feature on at least 4 different songs on the radio.
Oh, and the gameplay is going blow your mind with missions like "enter a car, drive for 3 minutes while your passengers talk, step out for a firefight and a one-time throwaway gimmick mini-game, then escape the cops and get paid".

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
GTA VI will be set in parody Houston, Texas. Parts of the city will be constantly flooded after a hurricane and you'll be able to drive a jetski on the highway, allowing me to glorify the misery of people half a planet away by running over citizens wading through the water.
The orange-haired, obnoxiously outspoken US President will be there playing golf and you'll partake in several missions for this completely fictional person as there is some conflict with FEMA over flooded property and the potential riches within, or maybe proof of Russian interference.
Also something something Muslim immigration ban and the southwards wall to Mexico.

But that's not gonna happen, of course. Just like The Elder Scrolls shies away from non-human provinces, GTA is cursed to re-visit LA, NYC and Miami - forever.

The only thing I know about GTA VIce City is that it will feature Rick Ross in a voice role similar in size to Lester in the last game, and he'll also feature on at least 4 different songs on the radio.
Oh, and the gameplay is going blow your mind with missions like "enter a car, drive for 3 minutes while your passengers talk, step out for a firefight and a one-time throwaway gimmick mini-game, then escape the cops and get paid".

Don't also forget it will make more money on it's first month than the entire box office of the last 2 Avengers movies; people will skip work on it's launching day; the PC will only get a shitly optimized release after 2 years; and it will be the bestest best game of all time until the next Rockstar game.

Last edited:

Catacombs

Arcane
Patron

Don't also forget it make more money on it's first month than the entire box office of the last 2 Avengers movies; people will skip work on it's launching day; the PC will only get a shitly optimized release after 2 years; and it will be the bestest best game of all time until the next Rockstar game.

From a creative freedom and money making standpoint, the Houser brothers can quit anytime and be set for life and take as much time as they want to create games because they don't have suits poking and prodding them. That's kind of cool.

Everything else you mentioned is true.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom