Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

GTA 6

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by Makabb, May 2, 2019.

1. The Decline Arcane

The Decline
    Crackdown, but that was completely action focused with almost no story.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. typical user Learned

typical user
    So how do you limit a cop from running over pedestrians?

Based on GTA V character wheel it could create a unique story from two perspectives, a crook who is crossing the line and a cop who is breathing down his neck. Maybe throw some bad buddies theme with occasional co-op missions in between.

It would have to be an undercover guy but still the game should penalise you for breaking the law or we have another weird limbo with Michael who goes to therapist after slaughtering half of LS on his way. But on the other it is GTA, we had rampages with katana slicing heads from gangsters and stuff. GTA IV tried to be realistic and it was repetitive sack of shit.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. AwesomeButton Cut a deal with the authorities Patron

AwesomeButton
    PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    Yeah, a retelling of Heat where the player is in both roles, as a "serious" script for GTA would rock. It's something I've been wishing to see.

^ Top  
  4. EruDaan Arbiter

EruDaan
    Never played 4 and 5 was kinda shit. The moment you found all the parts/mosaics/whatever, did all the easy-as-fuck races, spend dozens of hours to do all stunt jumps, made hundreds of millions by knowing what missions/side missions affect the in-game stock market and got bored out of your mind - you realize that the game is a whole lot of empty and not worth replaying.

Dumbest thing is that online has all this fucking stuff to offer but putting a tiny bit of menpower into it, put it into bundles and make some cash via selling them as DLCs fo single player? Nope. Too much effort.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. DalekFlay Arcane Patron

DalekFlay
    "This game is shit, I wish I could buy DLC for it!"

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Balanced Balanced x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. EruDaan Arbiter

EruDaan
    "Because it might not be as shit as before, because of more content. D'uh!"

^ Top  
  7. cretin Novice

cretin
    Theres a lot of creative stuff that could be done with the IP but rockstar shows signs that they're kind of running out of ideas. GTAV felt pretty uninspired. While parody of american culture is at the heart of the series, would it hurt to diverge into a radically different setting? Given the success of RDR, I'm guessing no. Plenty of interesting countries in the world where crime caper stories can take place.

• Agree Agree x 2
    ^ Top  
  8. AwesomeButton Cut a deal with the authorities Patron

AwesomeButton
    PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    This is a creative issue in part. Like asking a writer whose stories you liked "why don't you try this completely different writing style, but keep the genre the same (an open world 3rd person action)" Though, again, what gives hope is RDR as an example of good writing in a different style.

^ Top  
  9. DalekFlay Arcane Patron

DalekFlay
    If they did a London game or something it would mostly be aping movies, since the people developing it don't live there. Satire is hard to do about a culture you don't live in. Maybe if they contracted it out to a European developer, but I don't ever see them doing that. If they want to do something different again after RDR I'd rather it be another fictional setting.

• not sure if serious not sure if serious x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. normie Learned Zionist Agent

normie
    just make another Bully ffs

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Yes Yes x 1
    • No No x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. PorkyThePaladin Arcane

PorkyThePaladin
    Rockstar is the same as Bethesda now, completely devoid of any creativity. Just update the graphics and refresh the content, but no actual mechanics or depth. How hard would it be to create actual criminal organizations in their games, with working economies, police interrelationships, bribes, politicians, judges, etc. With their money, they could easily create a real masterpiece, a gaming version of The Godfather, instead it's been decades of drive n' gun bullshit for the third grade.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Salute Salute x 1
    • Fabulously Optimistic Fabulously Optimistic x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. ViolentOpposition Arcane

ViolentOpposition
    Forget about GTA 6 for now. They'll milk the GTA Online cash cow till 2022.

The guys behind Saints Row are going to announce something new soon... hopefully it won't be shit. Ever the optimist.

• Fabulously Optimistic Fabulously Optimistic x 2
    • Despair Despair x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. DalekFlay Arcane Patron

DalekFlay
    These are games for a massive mainstream audience that sell like 100 million copies. They have no interest adding sim elements and shit to them, are you insane?

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. Modron Arcane

Modron
    Bully was 13 years ago at this point, are the people responsible for it still even at rockstar, the meat-grinder of developers? Plus even if they are, I don't trust nurockstar with their focus on everything must have multiplayer to deliver a solid game anymore.

• Agree Agree x 2
    ^ Top  
  15. <3sRichardSimmons Arcane

<3sRichardSimmons
    Genuine question: What’s with all the Bully love I’m seeing? I’ve tried to get into it a couple times and never managed to get far (till the first “boss” or so?) due to it seeming like mostly a collection of mini games tied together with some tryhard edgy “satire”. What am I missing?

• Acknowledge this user's Agenda Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 1
    • it is a mystery it is a mystery x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. Dick. Arcane

Dick.
    You do know Rockstar North (Who is the main developer of GTA since the beginning.) is Scottish, right?

Besides that though, Dan Houser said they would never do another GTA game outside the US. Something about GTA being primarily about a satirical view of American life.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. DalekFlay Arcane Patron

DalekFlay
    No, I didn't. That's crazy to me, since they nail the American satire. I guess our dumb shit is broadcast loud enough anyone can parody it.

• Yes Yes x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. anvi Arbiter Village Idiot

anvi
    GTA online is the elephant in the room. It used to be you got really good mafia focused stories and missions in these games. GTA5 was dogshit, 3 shit characters doing 3 sets of shit side quests that are shit even compared to Skyrim and Fallout and other open world games. And then it ends. Clearly they spent a lot of resources on the Online component which for me is mindless and boring. So yeah, young dudebros are probably really happy with this series, oldies like me have a shitter single player experience and an online mode I don't even want.

Personally my biggest wish would be for them to split the series in half like Elder Scrolls did with Elder Scrolls Online. Make a GTA Online that does a really good job of it, competes with all the other big multiplayer games at the moment, provides deathmatch, team deathmatch, CTF, and various interesting modes that you play within GTA. In Arma3 (and Counterstrike) you can only afford a basic gun at the start and if you play well, you earn money from kills to buy better gear. In GTA online that could be a car, rocket launcher, armor, etc. and eventually you could buy a tank and plane and gunship and whatnot. It would be fun.

Then have a separate GTA single player experience which I think a lot of people would appreciate. It would be the best thing to happen to the series, although it wont happen.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. PulsatingBrain Huge and Ever-Growing Patron

PulsatingBrain
    I think it absolutely will happen. It's not like they'll shut down GTA online while it still makes big money, and they're not going to stop making normal GTA because, what kind of insane retard would stop that cash cow?

^ Top  
  20. anvi Arbiter Village Idiot

anvi
    I don't think so, they will just make a GTA6 and water it down for an online mode. Again. And a zillion people will buy it.

• Agree Agree x 3
    ^ Top  
  21. PulsatingBrain Huge and Ever-Growing Patron

PulsatingBrain
    I don't see why they'd shut down the current GTA online if it's still active and earning, when GTA6 single player will sell itself anyway. I guess we'll see.

^ Top  
  22. AwesomeButton Cut a deal with the authorities Patron

AwesomeButton
    I want a new, expanded and improved LA Noire, but there is zero chance of that.
    :negative:

• Despair Despair x 1
    • Fabulously Optimistic Fabulously Optimistic x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. anvi Arbiter Village Idiot

anvi
    I don't think they will shut it down, they will keep it going until everyone buys GTA6.

^ Top  
  24. PulsatingBrain Huge and Ever-Growing Patron

PulsatingBrain
    So they'd have 2 similar online modes running concurrently? Highly unlikely that they'd compete with themselves like that.

^ Top  
  25. PorkyThePaladin Arcane

PorkyThePaladin
    Yeah but supposedly the Housers are actual gaming enthusiasts or something like that. How much money can you use anyway? At some point, why not make something of quality? Hell, they could even do a spin-off, while keeping the shallow shit for the mainstream.

^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)