Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

GTA 6

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by Makabb, May 2, 2019.

1. Clockwork Knight Arcane

Clockwork Knight
    You don't. It's assumed the rampages between missions "didn't count", so you can have stuff like CJ being Tenpenny's bitch while you casually kill a million cops in the game. And when you do get caught, all your crimes are forgiven as you respawn at the hospital.

• Agree Agree x 2
    ^ Top  
  2. AwesomeButton Cut a deal with the authorities Patron

AwesomeButton
    PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    I have a movie for this game too. It's called "The Son of No One" (2011).

^ Top  
  3. Dick. Arcane

Dick.
    As much butthurt GTA Online's success has caused fans of the series. At least it gave us the greatest car to appear in any game:

The Cheburek

[​IMG]

• Funny x 4
    • Brofist x 1
    • nice x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    • WTF am I reading x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. Wyatt_Derp Learned

Wyatt_Derp
    What the Mafia series could've/should've been. Yeah, Godfather-inspired open world criminal empire game. Many have tried, many have failed. The cultural tree alone is heavy with fruit waiting for a company like Rockstar to grab. Rockstar knows how to build big sandbox worlds to play in. They just don't know really what to do with them.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. DalekFlay Arcane Patron

DalekFlay
    Yeah they're really struggling. Maybe one day they'll make a successful game, if they listen to you guys.

• Funny Funny x 9
    • Despair Despair x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. Wyatt_Derp Learned

Wyatt_Derp
    They should, 'cause I have crap ideas. If they listen to my ideas, they'll go down the shitter, leaving the way open for your successful open world studio to take the lead.

Passive aggressive comment trading. It's fun.

• Funny x 1
    • Makes you think... x 1
    • butthurt x 1
    • retadred x 1
    • Excited! x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. Child of Malkav Learned

Child of Malkav
    I liked Godfather 1.
    Edit: As well as Mafia 1 and Scarface the world is yours.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Prestigious Prestigious x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. anvi Cipher Village Idiot

anvi
    Mafia 1 had a lot of promise. I am still waiting for a game with speed limits and realistic cops etc. It would be fun.

^ Top  
  9. DalekFlay Arcane Patron

DalekFlay
    Mafia 1 was cool in a lot of ways as a mob life sim or whatever, but in the latter half the combat got super fucking annoying with checkpoint saves and bullshit enemy placement.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. Multidirectional Arcane

Multidirectional
    Fuck I played this game so many times back then, nothing in it was hard to me anymore. It's been quite a long time now though, wonder if it would be challenging again. Will have to revisit it someday, no doubt. Great game.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. Makabb Arcane Shitposter Bethestard

Makabb
    this gonna be gud

https://www.techspot.com/news/80743-rumored-gta-vi-details-claim-next-gen-console.html

• cool story bro cool story bro x 1
    • Fabulously Optimistic Fabulously Optimistic x 1
    • /facepalm/ /facepalm/ x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. AwesomeButton Cut a deal with the authorities Patron

AwesomeButton
    PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    Come on, who would throw away the GTA Online money of the PC audience.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Despair Despair x 1
    • Excited! Excited! x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. anvi Cipher Village Idiot

anvi
    All that comes from someone on reddit who says he is friends with someone who worked at some gaming websites.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • nice nice x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. Wyatt_Derp Learned

Wyatt_Derp
    2 chapter story set in 3 different cities, with a backdrop of real-world situations.

So in other words, 3 limited locations with few interactive locations, heavily scripted 'on-rails' story line, and some political shoe-horning for good measure.

I'd love it if Rockstar took their devil-may-care attitude and strapped some TNT to it, especially considering the PC age we're now in. But somehow that whole spiel sounds kabuki. The hype train ran me over enough times to not care what gauge the rails are.

• [citation needed] [citation needed] x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. Makabb Arcane Shitposter Bethestard

Makabb
    GTA is all about driving a car and blowing stuff up

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Yes Yes x 1
    • Fabulously Optimistic Fabulously Optimistic x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. Gerrard Arcane

Gerrard
    There's no way they will drop the current gen platforms, GTAV would have never sold as much without that. So many retards bought it twice as well.

• Agree Agree x 4
    ^ Top  
  17. DalekFlay Arcane Patron

DalekFlay
    They haven't launched on PC in forever, that's why he says unsurprising. It'll come to PC a year or two later though, as usual.

^ Top  
  18. anvi Cipher Village Idiot

anvi
    You never know though because the RDR games don't go to PC. They could just abandon the PC. I don't think they will though. And while they keep mass producing the same shitty game with only updated graphics, I wouldn't care anyway.

^ Top  
  19. DalekFlay Arcane Patron

DalekFlay
    RDR2 is coming, PC Gamer just had a story today about it being added to their Social Network app. RDR1 didn't come to PC because of a bunch of behind the scenes foul-ups, according to insiders. It's a shame, but a one-off so far.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. AwesomeButton Cut a deal with the authorities Patron

AwesomeButton
    He says "GTA VI will arrive only on the PS5 and Project Scarlett machines." That sounds too implausible.

Yeah, I posted in the RDR2 thread. This makes me feel quite relieved, I was really attracted to the "dying Wild West" setting and the more dramatic tone of the whole game.

• Excited! Excited! x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. Makabb Arcane Shitposter Bethestard

Makabb
    Rockstar did GTA IV on ps3 which was 'next-gen' without it being on ps2, and the ps2 install base largest in history, so it is possible.

• /facepalm/ /facepalm/ x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. Gerrard Arcane

Gerrard
    PS3 was already out for 2 years when GTA4 came out, that's not next gen. And PS2 already struggled with San Andreas.
    You can't compare the progress of tech from 2000-2008 and 2006-2013, it's not even close.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. BANANA CONDUCT Arcane

BANANA CONDUCT
    Agent never

^ Top  
  24. Makabb Arcane Shitposter Bethestard

Makabb
    strawman argument

The point is that R* previously released a new GTA game without it being on previous console, GTA 4 was a 'next-gen' exclsive back at the time.

PS 2 user base was larger than ps3 or ps4 ever was so they could cash in for the money but they did not.

• /facepalm/ /facepalm/ x 1
    ^ Top  
  25. DalekFlay Arcane Patron

DalekFlay
    I can't see them doing a next-gen exclusive the year new consoles come out, but anything after that it would probably be fine for them. Gamers tend to move on very quickly.

^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)