Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

GTA 6 Speculation

So how do you limit a cop from running over pedestrians?

You don't. It's assumed the rampages between missions "didn't count", so you can have stuff like CJ being Tenpenny's bitch while you casually kill a million cops in the game. And when you do get caught, all your crimes are forgiven as you respawn at the hospital.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
At this point I'd rather play a game from the pov of law enforcement. So much trolling fun could be had in this political climate.

surprised this hasnt happened yet. People have been asking for GTA: cops since vice city. I wouldve expected at least one publisher attempt to make that game happen, shit or not. Closest its come is LA Noire, which isnt really a GTA clone, and Sleeping Dogs, where you're not really a copper anyway.

Crackdown, but that was completely action focused with almost no story.
I have a movie for this game too. It's called "The Son of No One" (2011).

Dick.

Arcane
As much butthurt GTA Online's success has caused fans of the series. At least it gave us the greatest car to appear in any game:

The Cheburek

8743-DY02k0SWsAAJ5h6.jpg

Wyatt_Derp

Arcane
Rockstar is the same as Bethesda now, completely devoid of any creativity. Just update the graphics and refresh the content, but no actual mechanics or depth. How hard would it be to create actual criminal organizations in their games, with working economies, police interrelationships, bribes, politicians, judges, etc. With their money, they could easily create a real masterpiece, a gaming version of The Godfather, instead it's been decades of drive n' gun bullshit for the third grade.

What the Mafia series could've/should've been. Yeah, Godfather-inspired open world criminal empire game. Many have tried, many have failed. The cultural tree alone is heavy with fruit waiting for a company like Rockstar to grab. Rockstar knows how to build big sandbox worlds to play in. They just don't know really what to do with them.

Wyatt_Derp

Arcane
Rockstar knows how to build big sandbox worlds to play in. They just don't know really what to do with them.

Yeah they're really struggling. Maybe one day they'll make a successful game, if they listen to you guys.

They should, 'cause I have crap ideas. If they listen to my ideas, they'll go down the shitter, leaving the way open for your successful open world studio to take the lead.

Passive aggressive comment trading. It's fun.

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
Mafia 1 had a lot of promise. I am still waiting for a game with speed limits and realistic cops etc. It would be fun.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Mafia 1 was cool in a lot of ways as a mob life sim or whatever, but in the latter half the combat got super fucking annoying with checkpoint saves and bullshit enemy placement.

Mafia 1 was cool in a lot of ways as a mob life sim or whatever, but in the latter half the combat got super fucking annoying with checkpoint saves and bullshit enemy placement.

Fuck I played this game so many times back then, nothing in it was hard to me anymore. It's been quite a long time now though, wonder if it would be challenging again. Will have to revisit it someday, no doubt. Great game.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
GTA VI will arrive only on the PS5 and Project Scarlett machines. The game wouldn’t launch until 2021 or 2022, which, if true, means the next-gen-only claim could be true, given how old the current consoles will be by that point. No mention of a PC version, unsurprisingly. As for the game itself, GTA VI is said to feature a single, male protagonist who is an “up and coming drug lord-wannabe.” It will take place during the 70s and 80s and be set in both Vice City and a new fictional location based on Rio de Janeiro, with some missions taking place in a non-open world version of Liberty City.

The game is supposedly heavily inspired by the Netflix series Narcos, and, like that show, it will include a lot of subtitles as characters speak their native languages to improve immersion. It will also feature a Red Dead Redemption 2-style chapter system, and weather extremities such as hurricanes and floods will be a heavy focus. A fictional Fidel Castro will appear, and the HIV and immigration crisis of the era will be touched upon.

this gonna be gud

https://www.techspot.com/news/80743-rumored-gta-vi-details-claim-next-gen-console.html

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
All that comes from someone on reddit who says he is friends with someone who worked at some gaming websites.

Wyatt_Derp

Arcane
GTA VI will arrive only on the PS5 and Project Scarlett machines. The game wouldn’t launch until 2021 or 2022, which, if true, means the next-gen-only claim could be true, given how old the current consoles will be by that point. No mention of a PC version, unsurprisingly. As for the game itself, GTA VI is said to feature a single, male protagonist who is an “up and coming drug lord-wannabe.” It will take place during the 70s and 80s and be set in both Vice City and a new fictional location based on Rio de Janeiro, with some missions taking place in a non-open world version of Liberty City.

The game is supposedly heavily inspired by the Netflix series Narcos, and, like that show, it will include a lot of subtitles as characters speak their native languages to improve immersion. It will also feature a Red Dead Redemption 2-style chapter system, and weather extremities such as hurricanes and floods will be a heavy focus. A fictional Fidel Castro will appear, and the HIV and immigration crisis of the era will be touched upon.

this gonna be gud

https://www.techspot.com/news/80743-rumored-gta-vi-details-claim-next-gen-console.html

2 chapter story set in 3 different cities, with a backdrop of real-world situations.

So in other words, 3 limited locations with few interactive locations, heavily scripted 'on-rails' story line, and some political shoe-horning for good measure.

I'd love it if Rockstar took their devil-may-care attitude and strapped some TNT to it, especially considering the PC age we're now in. But somehow that whole spiel sounds kabuki. The hype train ran me over enough times to not care what gauge the rails are.

Gerrard

Arcane
There's no way they will drop the current gen platforms, GTAV would have never sold as much without that. So many retards bought it twice as well.

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
You never know though because the RDR games don't go to PC. They could just abandon the PC. I don't think they will though. And while they keep mass producing the same shitty game with only updated graphics, I wouldn't care anyway.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
You never know though because the RDR games don't go to PC. They could just abandon the PC. I don't think they will though. And while they keep mass producing the same shitty game with only updated graphics, I wouldn't care anyway.

RDR2 is coming, PC Gamer just had a story today about it being added to their Social Network app. RDR1 didn't come to PC because of a bunch of behind the scenes foul-ups, according to insiders. It's a shame, but a one-off so far.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Come on, who would throw away the GTA Online money of the PC audience.

They haven't launched on PC in forever, that's why he says unsurprising. It'll come to PC a year or two later though, as usual.
He says "GTA VI will arrive only on the PS5 and Project Scarlett machines." That sounds too implausible.

RDR2 is coming, PC Gamer just had a story today about it being added to their Social Network app. RDR1 didn't come to PC because of a bunch of behind the scenes foul-ups, according to insiders. It's a shame, but a one-off so far.
Yeah, I posted in the RDR2 thread. This makes me feel quite relieved, I was really attracted to the "dying Wild West" setting and the more dramatic tone of the whole game.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
There's no way they will drop the current gen platforms, GTAV would have never sold as much without that. So many retards bought it twice as well.

Rockstar did GTA IV on ps3 which was 'next-gen' without it being on ps2, and the ps2 install base largest in history, so it is possible.

Gerrard

Arcane

Rockstar did GTA IV on ps3 which was 'next-gen' without it being on ps2, and the ps2 install base largest in history, so it is possible.
PS3 was already out for 2 years when GTA4 came out, that's not next gen. And PS2 already struggled with San Andreas.
You can't compare the progress of tech from 2000-2008 and 2006-2013, it's not even close.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard

PS3 was already out for 2 years when GTA4 came out, that's not next gen. And PS2 already struggled with San Andreas.
You can't compare the progress of tech from 2000-2008 and 2006-2013, it's not even close.

strawman argument

The point is that R* previously released a new GTA game without it being on previous console, GTA 4 was a 'next-gen' exclsive back at the time.

PS 2 user base was larger than ps3 or ps4 ever was so they could cash in for the money but they did not.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
I can't see them doing a next-gen exclusive the year new consoles come out, but anything after that it would probably be fine for them. Gamers tend to move on very quickly.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom