Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

GTA 6 Speculation

It would certainly be ballsy for Rockstar to debut a GTA as a (near) launch title. On the one hand, it would be a killer app the likes of which has rarely been seen; on the other hand it would require either Sony or MSoft to shell out for (timed?) exclusivity, or, even more surprisingly, work together behind the scenes to sell next gen tech.

Xeon

Augur
GTA always debuted on Sony's shows, no? wonder if that will continue.

I doubt there will be a timed exclusivity on consoles, it will probably cost too much for Rockstar to care.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
GTA always debuted on Sony's shows, no? wonder if that will continue.

I doubt there will be a timed exclusivity on consoles, it will probably cost too much for Rockstar to care.

Rumour is GTA 6 will be a timed exclusive on PS 5

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
Lol what's with the eerie music. They pretend like it is a serious game when the reality is driving around doing dumb shit and playing virtual darts.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
"This is just a concept, a recreation of how I imagine a GTA 6 trailer when it comes out" -- the video description.

Outmind

Augur
That's nothing to go on. The first screen features a lot of the old snippets from GTA3 onward. The plane, car and guy could be from anything. The "map" is just cobbled together from previous maps too.

Egosphere

Arcane
I liked R* when they were doing more experimental stuff alongside GTA, ie. Bully and Manhunt. R* used to thrive on the drama that would surround their games in the early to mid 00s. I think Bully 2 set in the current year could be huge for them, if they had the balls to face the meltdown it would trigger.

Modron

Arcane
Are the people who made Bully even still with Rockstar at this point? As much as I would have enjoyed a sequel to that I just don't really trust Rockstar anymore. Part of what made Bully good was that they also expanded the game with more content/classes/et cetera and I just don't see modern rockstar ever expanding anything besides multiplayer content again unfortunately.

Drakron

Arcane
Are the people who made Bully even still with Rockstar at this point?

Dan Houser still is, Jacob Krarup on the other hand ... last game he worked on was Halo 5, I could go over the list but its pointless ... Bully was done about 15 years ago and people change, you cannot expect then to do the same things they did a decade ago.

steel legion

Novice
I imagine GTA 6 to not even have a singleplayer and is only online and were every car is at least 1.000.000 and have overpowered cars on day one.

I lost all respek for Rockstar after GTA V. Stupid story compared to IV, dumbed down physics and hand to hand fighting, combat that felt like pillow fighting, unlikable characters, mostly emphasis on multiplayer to the detriment of single player. Not looking forward to 6 at all right now, unless they change all these things.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
I imagine GTA 6 to not even have a singleplayer and is only online and were every car is at least 1.000.000 and have overpowered cars on day one.
I doubt it. Not because I don't think Rock* is greedy, but because the best way to fleece people with mtx it to ease them in softly.

AW8

Arcane
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Stupid story compared to IV
I think both are all right. IV attempted a more serious, grounded tone (in comparison to SA) while V went back to the San Andreas tone of causing a massacre at a construction site and burying the foreman alive in his own shit because they catcalled your sister.

dumbed down physics
What? I know the car handling changed completely and was made more unrealistic, but that was for the better since it makes driving more fun. Air control and the ability to flip the car is great, realism be damned.

hand to hand fighting
Was it even changed from IV? And it's such a miniscule detail in a GTA game, who even uses melee fighting?

combat that felt like pillow fighting
What? IV's combat is literal popamole, designed for cover shooting since that was the hottest trend at the time. The combat in V is more mobile with higher FOV (and faster movement speed?) while aiming - in IV I used cover the entire game because it felt necessary, whereas in V I barely ever used it because it didn't feel like a must anymore. You could just run and gun all the time.

Enemies in V are also more squishy, leading to encounters where you quickly dispatch a whole lot of them where in the same situation in IV you would only face a few. Headshots are also always instantly fatal in V (IIRC) whereas armored enemies require 2 headshots in IV.

unlikable characters
I found Trevor, Lester, Michael and his family, Simeon, Lamarr, Madrozo etc. very likable and in the same vein as previous games.

mostly emphasis on multiplayer to the detriment of single player
Utter nonsense. Singleplayer and multiplayer are two completely different things, and the singleplayer part is absolutely immense. This isn't some slapped-on singleplayer campaign to a multiplayer shooter. We're talking 50+ hours of missions that often feature one-time gimmick mechanics (something I am not a fan of, but it really shows how much of a development emphasis was put on singleplayer).

There's also the ambitious three player characters thing (which I think was a neat idea but it did cause problems) which makes your claim that multiplayer somehow hurt the singleplayer ridiculous.

steel legion

Novice
I doubt it. Not because I don't think Rock* is greedy, but because the best way to fleece people with mtx it to ease them in softly.
yeah they will start with minor mtx you know a car is just 25.000 just having mtx to make it go quicker then introduce more expansive.... wait i am describing GTA V online now

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom