Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

GTA4 was better than GTA5: When even the embodiment of DECLINE itself begins to decline.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Which one had Trevor?

Case
Closed

Only graphics improvement VC and SA needs is better draw distances and lods which are unlikely to ever happen I guess.

agentorange

Arcane
Patron
rpghq (cant read codex pms cuz of fag 2fa)
Codex 2012
Only graphics improvement VC and SA needs is better draw distances and lods which are unlikely to ever happen I guess.

This was just from a quick google search so I don't know if you are already aware of it/I don't know how stable it is. Of course ironically with these kinds of draw distance mods for old games it always ends up making the game world feel so much smaller.

I think I already used this sort of fog remover before. Game still had insane object pop in and horrible lod transitions. Sure it's still better than nothing. 7x mode looks best in that video.

Gothic II is absolutely gorgeous with draw distance set to 10x in system pack, for example. And seeing landmarks far away while being too weak to reach them for a significant amount of time really added a lot to my exploregasms in that game.

typical user

Arbiter
Just point me one thing GTA IV did better and tell me how it makes that game better overall than the newer one.

The driving is a lot more fun for me in IV and also V doesn't have the cops n crooks gamemode which is CRIMINAL (everyone be sure to leave a brofist if u got the joke thanks)

About driving. I find it stupid to struggle with controlling your vehicle on every corner. What makes driving in GTA V better in my opinion is the fact that you fight not your retarded car but (retarded) traffic. Makes the game more dynamic and fun.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom