Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Guidance please.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
NWN's systems are so terrible, even the best dungeon design doesn't manage to elevate it beyond "ok". I've played a couple of high quality user-made NWN mods, and even they are just "ok" becuase the underlying mechanics are so bad.

No control over your companions in a D&D 3E game, which isn't a good system for soloing. Combat is extremely slow and therefore tedious. Everything is extremely slow - resting isn't like in the Infinity Engine games where you click a button, screen goes black for half a second, 6 hours have passed. You need to stare at a progress bar for 10 seconds. Lockpicking and trap disarming is the same: look at a progress bar getting filled slowly. This makes any trap-filled dungeons a chore to go through since you'll do a lot of sitting there and waiting for bars to fill. Yawn.

NWN just screwed up all the basics of gameplay, it's almost as if everything is intentionally designed to be as boring and tedious as possible.

And the others games you mentioned are good, no complaints there.
Just don't mention the turd that is NWN in the same sentence. It doesn't belong there.

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
So you haven't played the expansion which is the best thing about it, yet you still want to have an opinion. Gotcha. Also your dogshit opinion on NWN is just that.

You need to stare at a progress bar for 10 seconds.
With that point of view every RPG is shit. When you click the other side of the map in BG you have to wait a lot longer than 10 seconds for them to run there. Playing RPGs without speedhack makes you even more retarded than I thought.

And the others games you mentioned are good, no complaints there.
So when I asked some other fool to justify if he really thinks all those games are bad, and you replied with 'yes', you didn't mean yes. You meant to just cry about one of them and pretend like you were justified in dismissing my entire post.

Last edited:

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I replied about NWN. I didn't mention the other games - I even mentioned some of the other games positively in an earlier post in this thread.

But I know reading comprehension is hard. You might learn it one day if you keep at it.

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
My comprehension is perfect. I asked "are you telling me all these games are bad" and you replied "yes" and then bitched about just one of them. So the point is that you were wrong to say yes. You only did it because you wanted to seem dogmatic but really all you had to offer was a minor whine about one of them.

smaug

Secular Koranism with Israeli Characteristics
Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
Anvi, how did you get the tag possibly retarded? And what does that mean for your reputation?

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
I got it from the dipshit above because I don't like his favorite game. It means a lot for my reputation because people here are easily manipulated plebs.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
We really need a whole new tag for anvi.

It's one thing to have shit taste in games, but hitting so many notes of shit taste so perfectly and consistently over a period of more than two years is nearly as rare as being dealt a natural royal flush.

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
Factorio is digital Lego for kids and aspies who need something mindlessly repetitive to replace the hair pulling and wound scratching.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
1551672441119.jpg

smaug

Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
I’ve started my second CRPG. Wizardry, Proving Grounds of the Mad Overlord. It’s hard as fuck and a bit confusing but I’ll live. I now realize I have to graph the dungeons. After this I’ll do M&M 1 or A bard’s Tale. I’ll try and finish Wizardry this weekend, I’m really liking it on the codex more and more.

:0-13:

Master

Arbiter
:notsureifserious:
... but there is either something very wrong with you or you are someone's alt. Drog..?

smaug

Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
What the fuck are you on? Yea going from Pathfinder Kingmaker to Wizardry 1 is pretty jarring but it doesn’t bother me. Who the hell is Drog?

Plus I’m not like you oldfags I’m 17 years old and I grew up with people around me saying “ZOMG Skyrim/(Final Fantasy)/Mass Effect are the best games ever.

I found a YouTube video on the history of D&D games and after watching I was mind blown about all these RPGs that the mainstream doesn’t talk about. So hence I became interested and bought P:K and loved it. I haven’t even seen a real game manual, that shit is pretty cool and I’d rather be an incline than a fucking mainstream zombie.

Last edited:

Master

Arbiter
Sorry, but i dont buy it. Its impossible that you never played an Rpg before. This isnt 2004. Rpgs are today fucking everywhere. Even latest Assassin Creed and Call of Duty games have some rpg bullshit in them. And hell, your random hollywood star or football retard's favorite game is probably Witcher 3... And you tell me never played one?

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
Did you make a good list of stuff to play before the retards like Blaine and Master showed up?

Master

Arbiter
Did you make a good list of stuff to play before the retards like Blaine and Master showed up?
The guy is trolling you, dumbfuck. He played Skyrim and now went back to Wizardry? No fucking way.

smaug

Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
Bitch I played it maybe back in 2012? Not even for 10 hours because I got bored. Why are you so bent on trolling me, you shitposter.

smaug

Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
Yea, a 7 year gap a lot of shit can happen.

:kingcomrade:

Master

Arbiter
I doubt it. But fwiw if you want rpgs just play Fallout 1. Its all downhill from there.

troz

Educated
HEY GUISE I REALY LIKE NWM ITS A GRAET SCREENSAVER AND IT REALY ACTIVAITS YOURE ALMENDS WHEN YOU LOOT THROUGH 100 DIFFEREMT CHESTS CRAITES AND BARRELS TO ACQUIRE 50 GOLD PIERCES
YOU WILL ALSO LOVE THE TOP NOTCH BIOWARE VOICE COMMENTAERY OF YOURE HAFLING ROUGE COMPANION WHILE HE UMLOCKS THEM ALL FOR YOU IT JUST NEVER GETS OLD

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
The guy is trolling you, dumbfuck. He played Skyrim and now went back to Wizardry? No fucking way.
Why wouldn't he? I played Skyrim and went back to old stuff too.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom