Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Guido Fawkes (aka FretRider) should not be banned

FretRider should not be banned

• Indeed, he should not be banned, I love him and his stalinistic antics

Votes: 41 21.2%
  • (LIBRUL) Ban him

Votes: 38 19.7%
  • (MILDLY LIBRUL) Exile him to RPGWatch

Votes: 29 15.0%
  • (STRONGLY LIBRUL) Ban him and Moribund

Votes: 47 24.4%
  • (ANARCHIST) Free Jim Profit!

Votes: 38 19.7%

• Total voters

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
I still have yet to hear a single rational reason as to why any of his behavior, although usually inflammatory, is any worse in comparison to all the people who make constant posts and threads celebrating rape, cruelty and genocide. It looks to me that what people don't want to hear is voices criticizing this sort of debauched behavior.

Somebody is either not paying attention or is willfully ignoring the rather clear explanation given.

http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...g-in-butthurt-again.80738/page-2#post-2506293

Darkunderlord said:
I've never seen a pro liberal, pro atheist or pro liberal science thread being discarded, it only happens to people with a conservative stance. Funny coincidence. It is also only they who receive denigrating edits to their posts and their titles.
Three main reasons:

1. They don't try so hard at the trolling. Take your recent thread here as an example where you start off talking about a great TV show and then we suddenly turn into a diatribe against womyn, which you edited in after the fact. The original post was without the last line "I never watched it, but now I want to, it at least look like there are no liberal themes rubbed into your face (or not too many). Montreal is a fantastic setting for a buddy cop show.", while your second post gets this whole diatribe edited in after the fact "Situations like these make it all the more clear to me that only men should be in the police force, to protect women. Women get emotional in extreme life or death situations like these and fall apart. The two cops at the end bravely went into the lion's den, and successfully brought the shooter down, saving the lives of many children. I doubt very strongly a female cop would be able to stay composed and would act coldly, fiercely and unabashedly if they would be compelled to do the same." Note how there's very little in the actual content to justify the diatribe. It's almost like you realised you'd made a decent post and then couldn't help yourself but add in something to try and troll.

2. The constant calling out of or attempting insulting of other users. In this thread I've got Guido Fawkes calling out Trash for "being a little man" who "couldn't handle the fact that his country has a lower human development index than Kwanzania." This is after making a thread entitled "Finland embraces Vaarna_Aarneism" and which also contains the line "Hey look, Trash standing up for his LIBRUL girlfriend." You don't need to insult every other member of the forum who doesn't share your view, in every other thread that you post in.

3. Crying to mods whenever someone "hurts their feelings". Typically after implementing a good bout of #2, the idiots then run to the mods to deal with the backlash they've generated. Guido in this thread: "Beyond pathetic. DarkUnderlord, choose mods that can handle the heat."

Look how raw just sticks to posting shit threads with his shit opinion in them, without having to add any extra bullshit to the mix? Notice how Glyphwright doesn't do #2 and #3? Learn from them or I'll come down so hard on both of you that the moderation queue will look like a blessing.

And this has been discussed before. Many times. Same as the butthurt antics, the persecution complex, the constant personal attacks and the second, third and fourth chance given before inevetable meltdown and throwing of a hissy fit. Deja vu and all that.

http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/banned.72226/page-7#post-2103207

Cassidy

Arcane
He always does.

Both Trash and sheek proved themselves Undisputed Queens of Faggotry in the past by pussying out from the TRAIN TICKETS BITCH!

NEVAR FORGET.

Because until both get the balls to actually do it, it will forever be a draw, or, perhaps, a mutually assured fail.

It would be funny to see MoribundKnightrider vs. Ulminati too considering their debacle in the other similar thread, but not gonna happen.

Mother Russia

Andhaira
Andhaira
Dumbfuck Queued
Codex 2013
Just got done reading the retardoed 8 pager. Now read this.

Boy did I miss a whole lotta D-R-A-M-A

Anyhow, Guido Fawkes and @Humanity_has_risen should not be banned, nuked or Witzed. They keep their views in GD/Politix. I don't think I have ever seen them post anything related to GD in GRPGD or any other gaming or news forum.

Now about posting in Site Feedback: Well that is the only place to post grievances against moderators. DarkUnderlord has said before that there are two choices for airing grievances: via pm, or posting in Site Feedback, but if posting in the latter then there were risks, or something like that.

By posting in SF Fretrider ensures the entire codex has a view of the argument and a say in the matter, regardless of whether that say is mostly the usual Codexian verbal masturbation of memes. But I don't think it deserves a ban or watchwitzing or what have you, because Fret only posts threads in SF rarely.

Anyhow, if there is punishment to be metted out then I think something minor like a brofist ban for a month or so would suffice, and would be effective, as Frerider enjoys brofisting posts and does so regularly. That alone IMO would make him think twice about venting on SF. However, at the same time constant moderator editing of posts/threads should also be looked at. If someone finds it annoying yet finds it happening consistently to them then that should be taken into account and some sort of resolution ought to be achieved.

Overall mods + admins on codex are fine. Sure they have differing political outlooks, but we don't get insta retardo's as in 98% of all message boards on the internet, and oftimes mods + admins explain why they did certain actions (such as Jaesun explaining why he used to keep merging threads in GRPGD/Console, etc etc) instead of just doing what they want and ignoring the butthurt.

So, Fretrider should stay as should HHR (who btw despite what one might think of his political outlooks/anti wheat stance etc is one of the most respectable memebers of this site, esp. his willingness to stand up for those who are being ganged up on. (I only worry about his anti immunization stance, what with him having a baby and all. Stuff like Polio is very, very real I would like to say and can permanently fuck a human being up for life)

And ofcourse a sneaking suspicion I have that HHR is a subtle troll alt with a long term game plan. :troll:

By the way, has anyone else noticed a curious lack of Commissar_Draco brofisting in this and the other retardoed thread? Usually he is the first to brofist left and right.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Still don't know what to think of those two. Either they are extremely dedicated trolls who never break character or they really are that sad in actuality.

EG

Nullified
Still don't know what to think of those two. Either they are extremely dedicated trolls who never break character or they really are that sad in real life.

It's the second one. Act accordingly.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
By the way, has anyone else noticed a curious lack of Commissar_Draco brofisting in this and the other retardoed thread? Usually he is the first to brofist left and right.

Like I said in another thread, Draco is smarter than he sometimes appears to be. :smug:

Western

Arcane
Codex 2012 Codex 2014 Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
All Uruguayans should be Watchwizzed, I had him sent to Auschwitz but due to false advertising it only turned out to be Guantanamo Bay.

Unwanted

Guido Fawkes

Defensor Fidei
Project: Eternity
Ban me. I don't want to post here anymore. Wasn't even posting much before my threads began to be edited and retardoed. My only request is that my Azrael's Tear LP doesn't get erased.

Btw Trash, all your butthurtism and prima donna antics doesn't change the fact that you are a menial job shifting loser in his 30's that won't ever amount to anything more than a number on the dutch welfare cue. I know it deeply hurts in your butt because everytime I say so you immediately stoop down to editing my posts or retardoing my threads. Also, you collect model trains.

Gaysun has AIDS and DorkOvenLoad is a worthless unemployed douchebag who owns a dozen mensa t-shirts. Ulminati is the result of a failed abortion.

Goodbye.

funny-troll-face-wallpaper.jpg

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Btw Trash, all your butthurtism and prima donna antics doesn't change the fact that you are a menial job shifting loser in his 30's that won't ever amount to anything more than a number on the dutch welfare cue.

As opposed to the loser in his 30's who spouts religious dogma on a video game forum obsessively to the tune of 5,000 posts in under a year.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Melodrama is reaching new hights.

Not really. Every alt ends with him doing this. Same shit over and over and over. Usually he also starts spamming SF near the end of his latest alt's shelf life with a shitload of threads containing nothing but insults. Guess the Codex was too slow for that this time.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
100 brofists says Fartriders leaving4evar lasts about as long as Liberals after he got butthurt about Jaesun's BRO list

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom