Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Guilty Pleasures (Games) Codex Would Ban You for Playing

Jarmaro

Liturgist
Planescape: Torment
Enhanced Edition.
:troll:
I am during my first serious P:T playtrough right now, using Enhanced edition. I tried old version few years before, but dropped it after 2-3 hours. Why would enhanced version be worse? It doesn't change story or anything, everything seems quite better actually.

warpig

Incel Resistance Leader
Manlet
MASS Effect 1 and 2 XD a lot of codexers play and enjoy worse crap though.

I also like a lot of Japanese games...but it's not guilty pleasure, I'm a proud WEEB. BEHEAD all those who insult Japan XDD

Last edited:

Tiger

Learned
I play loads of stuff the Codex feels is shit. I play modded Minecraft, The Sims, Football Manager.. I like Oblivion. Who cares what other people think, live your own life.

Gibson

Learned
Imagine feeling guilty for liking something.

QFT - my thoughts exactly.

when I got Xbox 360 some 2 years ago people laughed when I said I play fucking Tiger Woods PGA 13 with kinect....2 weeks I had a smaller house party and those same fuckers played basic kinect sports shit like golf/bowling/darts... for 10h straight, the druggies :D

I don't like PS:T. there, I said it. on RPG Codex forum.
It was the shit when it came out and I was 14, but then you replay it second time and you barely plow through the god awful shitty combat (I mean, it's really really shitty); then you read some books and wonder what was so special about the story the first time - it's a good story FOR A GAME and most definitely better that standard "chosen one, saving the world", but compared to some good books...subpar mediocrity at best. so the combat is shitty, if I want a good story I read a book....the setting and some characters you meet are really really good, but they don't outweigh the shitty combat and mediocre story.

Shackleton

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Ok, I'm in.

I really like all the Dungeon Siege games, INCLUDING 3, which I've completed twice. *Deep breath*. DS2 is the best though, even if it outstays its welcome a bit by the end.

*Breathes out*. Phew, feel better now that's off my chest.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
I am during my first serious P:T playtrough right now, using Enhanced edition. I tried old version few years before, but dropped it after 2-3 hours. Why would enhanced version be worse? It doesn't change story or anything, everything seems quite better actually.

1. The first couple enhanced editions they did launched with a lot of bugs, which turned people off. I believe they're better now.
2. They put a tranny character into one of the BG games and wrote it in a hackneyed way, which turned a lot of people off. I believe they patched the dialog but some still balk at the idea in general.
3. Most of the enhancements can be done via modding, and the new content is suspect, so most feel like they're being asked to pay for a patch and Beamdog's entire business plan is bullshit.

If you own the EEs though, there's no reason at this point to play the originals instead other than avoiding their additions, as far as I know.

Fallout 4 is fun with the Modern Firearms mod. Building and customizing impressively-detailed, real-world guns and accessories is cool.

schluberlubs

Educated
kwTRR.jpg

Crystal's Pony Tale

:positive:

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
I don't feel guilt for shit and I'm not the type of person to justify the games I play, but I like Oblivion and Risen 2 and 3. That's all I can think of that would be considered controversial.

Citizen

I had wii and enjoyed the fuck outta sport games. Also cooped rayman: raving rabbitz with friends MANY TIMES. Ban me I dont care

Sjukob

Arcane
I find that Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning is pretty alright with some difficulty enhancing tweaks (YSA mod). I've already played the crap out of Gothic, almost done with Risen I and just want some more 3rd person view ARPGs. I haven't got that far but the game is quite ok, I've played stuff way shittier.

Last edited:

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Civ 5 is pretty much my most played game, but I do not feel guilty about it. Everyone has their preferences.

blrrmmmff

Scholar
Uncharted series. I played through uncharted 3 and 4 twice. It is pretty linear but the environments are very well crafted. I often stopped when walking through the pirate mansions in 4 to just enjoy the scenery. The characters are pretty well written and likable. The women in that game are pretty well written mostly (although did not really like Nadine and the last expansion). Game play is simplistic and completely failed to innovate, but it is kinda smooth, at least in 4. I wish they made some Indiana Jones games as well, kinda surprised they haven't already. Plus I like that you don't really save the world, just find some treasure in exotic locations.

The game play overall gets tedious quickly though, but as an interactive quality pop corn movie it works pretty well.

That said I don't really like Tomb raider games for some reason. No witty dialogue, no likable characters and the maps often feel too artificial. Like every area feels like a training map, very bland.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom