Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Guilty Pleasures (Games) Codex Would Ban You for Playing

blrrmmmff

Scholar
Eeh go fuck yourself

GewuerzKahn

Savant
I really like Mass Effect 1-3 + DLC. It introduced me to Babylon 5, Lexx and Star Trek for some reason.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I find that Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning is pretty alright with some difficulty enhancing tweaks (YSA mod). I've already played the crap out of Gothic, almost done with Risen I and just want some more 3rd person view ARPGs. I haven't got that far but the game is quite ok, I've played stuff way shittier.

I liked this game a lot despite terrible leveling loot, cartony graphics and meh plot, its really unfair it flopped cause it was more fun and well made than rest of post Morrowind TES games. I still remember some plots from both Vanilla and Expansion to this very day and game play was flawless and very fun with no Bethpizda annoying bugs or crashes. What is more annoying its because it flopped beacuse it was not Beth/Other AAA studio with huge budget for payed review and marketing game.

Sjukob

Arcane
I liked this game a lot despite terrible leveling loot, cartony graphics and meh plot, its really unfair it flopped cause it was more fun and well made than rest of post Morrowind TES games. I still remember some plots from both Vanilla and Expansion to this very day and game play was flawless and very fun with no Bethpizda annoying bugs or crashes. What is more annoying its because it flopped beacuse it was not Beth/Other AAA studio with huge budget for payed review and marketing game.
The dialogues man, it's that pretentious Divinity like shit all over again, in many occasions I can't even tell if some NPC is insane or not. No idea what kind of person was responsible for that crap, it's impossible to write stuff like "House of Ballads" without having some form of mental sickness, without exaggeration that quest chain is one of the most retarded things I've ever seen in an RPG. It's especially off-putting to me, since I've been playing Gothic II and Risen I recently and Piranha's writing is very straight to the point.

By the way if you liked that sort of game, you might want to take a look at Gothic II Returning AB mod. It's an utter rape of what Gothic II is with worst tier of fanfiction writting, horrible voice acting, models textures and mechanics stolen from other games, idiotic gameplay design and more, but it turns the game into a pretty good hack'n'slash and even manages to keep and (arguably) improve it's character progression system. There's plenty of cool stuff that augments melee and ranged combat, crafting and magic, everything with usual handplaced items and monsters. The mod is about killing thousands of monsters (I think I had something like 7000 enemies killed in the end) and bosses who's health is measured in tens of thousands, so don't treat it like Gothic game and you should be fine, you might even like it. I heard that english translation is horrible, but I suppose you wouldn't have troubles with russian version.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
I really like Mass Effect 1-3 + DLC. It introduced me to Babylon 5, Lexx and Star Trek for some reason.

I like all three ME games too, for their story and setting mostly. The popamole gameplay is very disappointing especially for 2 and 3, but they're worth playing for other reasons. So I guess count me in too on this one.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom