Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Half-Life: Alyx - Valve's full-length flagship VR game set between HL1 and HL2

Dexter

Arcane
Before the Trailer or whatever drops, this contains a lot of Autism-level detail of what might be expected:

And here's Valve's Kerry Davis talking like half an hour about getting doors in VR right:

Here's better audio Stream without the slides though:

Dexter

Arcane

https://half-life.com/alyx/vr

halflife_alyx_3.jpg
halflife_alyx_2.jpg
halflife_alyx_1.jpg
halflife_alyx_4.jpg
halflife_alyx_8.jpg
halflife_alyx_5.jpg
halflife_alyx_0.jpg
halflife_alyx_6.jpg
halflife_alyx_7.jpg
halflife_alyx_9.jpg

Last edited:

Whipped Cream

Savant
Patron
Tool's new album and a new Half-Life game from Valve releasing within a year from eachother? George R.R. Martin must be sweating right now.

Edit: Trailer looked allright by the way. Looks like I have to buy a VR headset...

Dayyālu

Arcane
Look at all those assets.

Wasted.

*Sigh*

At least it ain't re-used 2004 assets, and the voice acting isn't off despite everyone being FIFTEEN years older.

Also 1911 instead of USP match, boring.

Doktor Best

Arcane
Trailer looks really nice.

The behind closed door video triggers me. Where the fuck does bearded guy stare off into all the time? Is he an autist?

biggestboss

Liturgist
I think I'm gonna pick this up and play it on my Quest + Oculus Link. It honestly looks good.

biggestboss

Liturgist
lol at everyone who downplayed VR gameplay
VR is the ultimate incline. Skill ceiling goes through the roof and maximum immersion.
I fully admit to being a VR hater until I started developing apps for it in Unity at my day job. I loved developing for it so much that I bought an Oculus Quest so I can develop games for it as a hobby.

ADL

Prophet
lol at everyone who downplayed VR gameplay
VR is the ultimate incline. Skill ceiling goes through the roof and maximum immersion.
I fully admit to being a VR hater until I started developing apps for it in Unity at my day job. I loved developing for it so much that I bought an Oculus Quest so I can develop games for it as a hobby.
How do you like the Quest? How is Oculus Link? I was considering it on the basis that it's plug&play versus my CV1 which requires a bunch of configuration and wires but the lower resolution/lower refresh rate kind of puts me off.

biggestboss

Liturgist
How do you like the Quest? How is Oculus Link? I was considering it on the basis that it's plug&play versus my CV1 which requires a bunch of configuration and wires but the lower resolution/lower refresh rate kind of puts me off.
I haven't bought the cable yet to use Oculus Link with, but in general I like the Oculus Quest a lot. It's the only headset I would ever consider owning despite the hardware limitations because I hate dealing with excessive wiring and lighthouses. I just like that it is super convenient and 100% portable. If performance is important to you, I imagine that you will just need to stick to a dedicated VR headset like your Rift.

Sentinel

Arcane
Actors for Alyx and Eli have been changed. The former because of a younger Alyx, the latter because the VA died in 2017.

Mike Shapiro will once again provide the unearthly voice of the G-Man, Ellen McLain (aka GladOS) is doing the voice for the Combine Overwatch broadcasts, and Tony Todd returns as the alien Vortigaunts.

Dexter

Arcane
From the Website btw.: https://half-life.com/en/alyx

Source 2 Modding Tools will apparently be available:
DFhKAhr.jpg

And people that bought any part of the Valve Index kit (or are thinking to) till the end of 2019 (e.g. the HMD or Controllers) will apparently get the game for free:
VTIWjvN.jpg

Also, would you look at that, it's already had the desired effect:
M9fbZed.jpg

Last edited:
Unwanted

a Goat

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Edgy Vatnik
Half Life: Dead On Arrival, pricetag at only $460 for a gimmick screen ducttapped to face effect.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom