Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Halo: The Master Chief Collection coming to Steam

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by Kem0sabe, Mar 13, 2019.

1. what am i doing Learned

what am i doing
    Tentatively optimistic, except for needing an XBL account.

^ Top  
  2. Atlantico Arcane Patron In My Safe Space

Atlantico
    Make the Codex Great Again!
    Yeah, it's really nice we don't have to rely on that mess of a digital-storefront and can just buy it from the Microsoft Store.

:positive:

• Participation Award Participation Award x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. DalekFlay Arcane Patron

DalekFlay
    If it's anything like the old GFWL games you can make an offline profile for singleplayer. I haven't bought a Windows Store game though so I don't know if they changed that.

^ Top  
  4. LESS T_T Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

LESS T_T
    Codex 2014
    $10 per game ($5 for ODST): https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2019/06/09/halo-at-e3-2019/

• Brofist x 2
    • incline x 1
    • Yes x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Balanced x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. Multi-headed Cow Scholar

Multi-headed Cow
    So $55 for the set? That's a little disappointing. Sure, they weren't on PC until now, but still. Maybe there'll be some lump-sum discount to bump it down. Not bloody likely but I can dream.

• honk honk! honk honk! x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. DalekFlay Arcane Patron

DalekFlay
    It's a lot I guess if you're used to seeing the Xbox disc at Gamestop with a coffee stain on the cover and a faded $20 price-tag, but as a PC only guy I think $10 each sounds fair. Especially since they're remasters, and previews for Reach make it sound like a solid port with a lot of effort put in.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. baud Savant

baud
    Preview:

I didn't watch all of it, but it look solid

• Informative Informative x 2
    ^ Top  
  8. CyberModuled Learned

CyberModuled
    First wave of betas for Halo Insider out today. Some new footage as well (it's the same mission as the stream but at least in better quality overall)

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  9. Biscotti Learned Patron

Biscotti
    I'm happy they're giving you the option to buy individually. I doubt I'll be getting Reach, and I definitely won't be getting Halo 4. Saves me 20 bucks and I get every game I'd consider worth bothering with.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

^ Top  
  10. DalekFlay Arcane Patron

DalekFlay
    Is there really that wide a quality gap? Genuine question, I only played the first two.

^ Top  
  11. J1M Arcane

J1M
    Halo 4 was made by 343 Studios, who weren't aware that Master Chief was the main character of Halo... when they were working on Halo 5.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • /facepalm/ /facepalm/ x 1
    • retadred retadred x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. AW8 Arcane

AW8
    Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    But isn't Halo 4 the one with the hottest version of Cortana? I thought she was the whole reason Halo exists. Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the Halo series consist of AAA desktop stripper applications?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 3, 2019
    • Excited! x 2
    • Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 1
    • Yes x 1
    • Interesting x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. Seboist Arcane Patron

Seboist
    PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
    Halo 4 cortana is indeed the hawtest but you showed her from the wrong angle.

[​IMG]

• Excited! Excited! x 3
    • Button Button x 1
    • Prestigious Prestigious x 1
    • Slurp this person's delicious asshole Slurp this person's delicious asshole x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. CyberModuled Learned

CyberModuled
    Finally, Halo is a playable franchise

• hopw roewur ne hopw roewur ne x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. Wunderbar Arcane

Wunderbar
    halo is a pretty cool guy, eh kills aliens and doesn't afraid of anything

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Old Old x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. DalekFlay Arcane Patron

DalekFlay
    150 FOV, good fucking lord.

• Agree Agree x 2
    ^ Top  
  17. Brotherman Bill Arcane

Brotherman Bill
    Halo was good. Nice music and visuals, and the fact you could drive any vehicle was very cool. Furthermore the different enemies have different tactics which is p cool.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. Mexi Dumbfuck! Dumbfuck

Mexi
    My cousin had an Xbox, and we played the campaign. It was boring as hell. Then I played it again at my brother's friend's house, and we played 1 v 1's. It was actually quite fun. Seems the multiplayer is the real gem when talking about this game. It's simple and pretty fun. A bit like Goldeneye back in the day.

Anyways, I was fresh off of Resistance: Fall of Man, which is definitely inspired by Halo, so I was beastly at it. My brother's friend was so pissed that he actually called his stupid nephew who won some city tournament to come and play me. I had to remind his ass that I didn't give two fucks about the game or his nephew. Guy was some fat IT, faggot that thought he was good at video games.

Man, I was killing it in MP back when R:FoM was big on the PS3. Anyways, just my experience with Halo. Never played anything else in the series, and after R:FoM, I've not touched a FPS multiplayer. Oh, I also used to play the shit out of Blackhawk Down on MP back in the day.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2019
    • hopw roewur ne hopw roewur ne x 1
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)