Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Happy New Year: Steam Approval!

MF

The Boar Studio
Patron
Developer
The game has been approved by Valve for release on Steam and the store page is now online. You can wishlist the game here:

There's some new screenshots on there as well.

I promised a new gameplay video a while ago, but I was working towards a fully playable build and didn't want to lose momentum on that. That build is done. You can finish the game in its current state. Now comes fine-tuning and putting in some 'could have' content.

We're still in the testing phase, though. Release date is tenuously set for late march 2019. If I still get flags from testers by that point, I'll consider Early Access release or something, but things are looking good.

I have so much to share that I don't know where to begin, so just a few quick notes:
-The negotiation system now includes bribery -effectiveness and cost based on player stats, but also on the other character's 'integrity' rating, which is a combination of faction loyalty, money and disposition-, insight actions to gain more leverage and some more features. The game is going to be partially voiced, but the negotiations will not be. Way, way, way too many permutations.
-The base building system is a fun resource management thing on its own. It's more involved and fleshed out than, say, the base building in Dead State and a lot more than the stronghold system in Pillars. It feels satisfying and many builds can contribute to how the Outpost evolves. The player has full control over module placement.
-Science builds are no longer OP, but now construction builds are. I'm starting to think that it doesn't really matter. How do you all feel about balance in builds? It's not like it's a competitive game.

That video is coming up next. Happy new year!

Last edited by a moderator:

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Happy New Year. I recently discovered Titan Outpost by looking through the upcoming games thread here.

Are you also looking into releasing it on GOG?

Black Angel

Arcane
Very nice!

Anyway
-Science builds are no longer OP, but now construction builds are. I'm starting to think that it doesn't really matter. How do you all feel about balance in builds? It's not like it's a competitive game
I think it depends. Take Underrail, for example. I'm pretty sure anybody could finish the game when playing a Crossbow build on Normal, but they're going to have harder time than, say, an Assault Rifle build. Or a Knife build will not fare better than an Unarmed build. And it's not because those build are particularly supported poorly, no, but simply because the grass is greener on the other side.
I remember in the previous devlogs, there will be less focus on combat in this game? I guess when it comes to that, it's not a matter of balance, but rather a matter of how many content one can gain access to based on what skills they invested in and focused to. It's like that problem some people have with PS:T, where WIS-CHA-INT build have access to more content than STR-DEX-CON, despite the fact that the latter build would fare and experience the game differently by focusing more on combat gameplay.

MF

The Boar Studio
Patron
Developer
Happy New Year. Are you also looking into releasing it on GOG?
Thanks! I'm looking into GOG, not sure yet.

Yes, getting unique content (or content from another angle) is the most significant result of playing different builds. For example, if your character doesn't get the NiHao perk, there are two NPC's you can only have very superficial conversations with because of the language barrier. There are very few hard gates, though, so you could, say, research everything with only 1 level in science, it just takes forever and will likely get you killed.

Early 2019, didn't realize such incline was coming so soon..
Hah. Fingers crossed.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom