Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Happy New Year.

Gavin Spooner

Novice
Happy new year everyone!
i hope you have fun and joy in the year to come. :D
your friend Gavin Spooner.

Gavin Spooner

Novice
also are you near finishing or have you finished the second game, Germany under Roman rule or what ever it was called?
or did you decide to not make it?

Adam P

Augur
Teudogar 2

he said in a different topic that currently he is working on Darghul, a fantasy rpg, which he estimated it to be finished at the end of january, and hasnt begun on Teudogar 2, correct me if I am wrong ;)

Anonymous

Damn thats a shame, you know what i love about Tudorgar1 is the freedom to adventure, own estate, own slaves and so forth.
I hope the second will be the same if not better.

Wolf Mittag

Wolf Mittag Software Development
Developer
True, at present I'm working on DARGHUL (or, to be more precise, will tomorrow resume work on DARGHUL, after enjoying a pleasant vacation for the past two weeks). Teudogar 2 may follow afterwards; however, if DARGHUL turns out to be more successful than Teudogar I may be tempted to move on to DARGHUL 2 right away, and let the Teutons rest for a while. (Writing a historically accurate game is pretty tough; fantasy is much easier to do.)
Happy 2005 everyone!

Gavin Spooner

Novice
Well as long as it’s like Teudogar ill be pleased with it.
Hay did you ever think of making Roman Britain and the Anglo Saxon invasion.
you know when the Anglo Saxon moved to Britain because it was fertile and the Romans made a deal with them to get rid of the Celtic Scots and the Pics for land, so the Saxons killed a heap of the Scots and Pics and then the Romans and the Gaulic Britons told them to go back to there homeland (Saxony now northern Germany if I am not mistaken, Anglia which no longer exist in Germany but in England and Jutland which is in Denmark) so the Anglos, the Saxons, the Jutes and the Thanes or Thains took the lands promised to them by force and after about 10 years or something like that took over what we now know as England and Southern Scotland up to the highlands.
To the Saxon England was know as Albion but to the Angles England was know as Angland the Major Anglo Saxon war happened the Angles won so the name stuck.
The a in Angland like many a's in the Germanic/ Anglo Saxon language changed into E as you have probably noticed that in the German language they use a lot of a's and that the English use a lot of e's its lot because of this change; which i think might have been caused by either the Norman or Viking invasion maybe both.

sorry about that i like to talk about German/Scandinavian/English history; lets face it if you study one you have to study all three because what we know as Germans, Scandinavians, English, Austrians, and believe it or not Northern European Russia (which was founded by the Scandinavians) are all just different tribes from the same race changed either by remoteness, religion, believes or feuds to what it is today.

Wolf Mittag

Wolf Mittag Software Development
Developer
Yes, that was a fascinating (and pretty sad) story. The Romans no longer had any military presence in Britain because its legions had been withdrawn to the Continent in 407 in order to defend Italy and Rome itself from the Goths (who sacked Rome anyway in 410).
What could subsequent Roman central governments do? They had trouble enough defending their own new capital Ravenna, and had lost control over all Northern provinces. Winning back control over Gaul was far more pressing than worrying about remote Britain; besides, they couldn't stop those Saxon boat people anyway. The Scots seemed more likely to conquer Britain than a limited number of Saxons would be, so for the Romans it probably seemed the lesser evil to endorse these latter. And with an eye on retaking the province at a later date, it was better to have several warring factions there than to have it firmly in the hands of one single strong enemy. Of course that policy didn't work out the way the Romans had intended.
These Anglo-Saxon conquerors really would be a great matter for a RPG, both because of themselves and the circumstances of their conquest, as well as because the entire period is so fascinating: mere 20 years, during which the entire civilized world collapsed, after prevailing for almost a millennium. If I had the extra time necessary for such a project, I'd certainly do it.

Gavin Spooner

Novice
I always thought it funny that one of the greatest Empires that lasted a Millennium could be destroyed by a savage people from the east; Attila the Hun and the savage people of the Germanicus from the north (the Goths) well West Empire any way; East Empire was ripped apart by the Golden horde (Mongols and Tar Tar I think.) and the Turkish Empire, Which I think rules the City and borders they conquered to this day.

And did you know under Gothic rule Rome achieved an all new golden age better then any under Roman rule.
I was very surprised by this.
This was a really good Period so study because after Rome fell every people wanted a part of the old world.
Visigoths conquered Spain, parts of France and parts of Poland; I think that might have been the Goths.
Goths conquered Italy (maybe Poland).
What we know as Northern Germans and the Danish conquered Britain.
The people we call Norwegians and Swedish conquered Ireland.
The Greek took back Greece and the Christian way of life started to really become serious in Europe.

Anonymous

;p

Hope you guys are having fun talkin history -_-
Make a game where you are in stoneage cavemen and must find fire and make tool and add a fantasy twist with dinosauars... lol :)

Adam P

Augur
it wouldnt really be a fantasy twist, yes i know what carbon dating says but it also says a bunch of other bs that has been disproven, the Bible references to "the mighty behemoth" with a tail like a cedar and only the jordan can fill its thirst, an extrodinarily powerful river. This reference could only be referring to something like a brachiasaur, no other living creature fits this description, and the fossils werent discovered until after the 15th century. Anyway, why do you think every major culture has dragons in they folk tales?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom