Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Hard West - tactical turn based + wild west setting

Dagobert

Educated

Last edited by a moderator:

Sinatar

Arbiter
These guys just funded a kickstarter for another game (The Way) like a month ago and now they are doing another?

Not fishy at all. No sir.

Dagobert

Educated
Well actually they are pretty different entity than PlayWay, they are just using their help, since company registered in most of Europe cannot start a kickstarter. :)

Post this on the GRPG forum (even if not an RPG) to get it more exposure. I like the look of it - may back it when some funds roll in.

Developer
Thank you very much for interest, posting and backing!!

PlayWay is allowing us to use their KS, that's all (as Dagobert explained - otherwise it's very problematic for europeans except for UK).

Should you guys have any questions, inquiries, whatever - let me know, I'll be glad to let you know directly.

Best regards
Kacper Szymczak
CFG lead designer

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Dagobert You need to advertise your posts. Videos, images, copy-pasting! Like this:

Hard West, a turn-based tactical western! https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1752350052/hard-west

555cc9ec102293430a3a46daac4cd091_large.png

In a nutshell, Hard West is a turn-based squad tactical with adventurous world exploration. Think X-Com combat with Heroes of Might and Magic world map.

88a767d1fb25912f00cbeb435c0e03f7_large.png

The combat is fast. The whole combat encounter takes no more than 5-10 minutes. It’s short, bloody, and decisive. All it takes is one well laid shot. It’s just not that easy to put yourself in the proper position.

No peeling off HPs. HPs represent the ability to withstand a shot or two, alternatively to sustain a powerful blow.

There’s little randomization: you either make good predictions and good decisions to land a kill, or you die. There’s no victory without risk, but it’s a well calculated risk.

c75941dc19116da3af36367dda29d7bf_large.gif

Creating cover - some objects can be modified to serve as cover.
6feb7e34953e09c92b6dfb76d8984f7f_large.png

The world is packed with adventures, stories, treasures, hideouts, mysteries, secrets and surprises. It’s a box of gruesome chocolates. Events aim to astonish you with how bad or how good they are. There’s no mediocrity.

People are destroyed by each other, by the unforgiving land, and eventually by their own vices.

It’s easy to destroy and kill, and much harder to survive and build something. With long enough timeline, the survival rate of everything drops to zero. There’s a shortage of everything, except weapons. And yet the liquor and drugs are in the highest of demands, and can buy you everything.

894e440b167e90b9920ba1eb02159f19_large.gif

World map - travel, explore, collect and complete quests, seek treasures, trade, obtain resources...

Funding goal: 70,000 Canadian dollars

Last edited:

Morkar Left

Damn, that's a setting I'm really looking forward to!

It's Steam only? Any chance to get a drm-free copy from the kickstarter?

Does anybody know what's up with this CAD abbreviation after the price tag?

Morkar Left

Silly me, should have known that's a currency abbreviation. I guess since it's kickstarter I still had in my mind that's USD only...

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
Ouch, only slightly more than 2K dorras after the first day. This game is going to need a real publicity push if it's going to get funded. Right now the oulook for success is so low it will turn away potential backers.

sser

Arcane
Developer
Looks like... snake oil to me.

Heh.

Hehhh...

:negative:

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Thank you very much for interest, posting and backing!!

PlayWay is allowing us to use their KS, that's all (as Dagobert explained - otherwise it's very problematic for europeans except for UK).

Should you guys have any questions, inquiries, whatever - let me know, I'll be glad to let you know directly.

Best regards
Kacper Szymczak
CFG lead designer
Do you have melee weapons or is it all about the guns?

Dagobert

Educated
[ You need to advertise your posts. Videos, images, copy-pasting! Like this:

Hey, Infinitron even though I'm guilty of being potato, I'm completely unrelated to CFG or PlayWay, however I agree with You that it would be better the way You posted it.
Shit, I wonder how it is possible that they only got 2500 $ so far, Kacper Szymczak , maybe try contacting Brian Fargo, Chris Avellone and other famous people from kickstarter, to say some good words about your game.

Morkar Left

Give the rpg elements way more exposure. Trying to sell it as a tb tactical game will limit its appeal to the mass. TB tactical games are already somekind oversaturated and a smaller target audience than rpgs anyway.

WalkinDude

Augur
Patron
Codex 2014
Well I did my part but this seriously needs a lot more publicity if there's any chance of it being funded. Shame since the concept is pretty great

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
Give the rpg elements way more exposure. Trying to sell it as a tb tactical game will limit its appeal to the mass. TB tactical games are already somekind oversaturated and a smaller target audience than rpgs anyway.
Skirmish, not tactical. Also, oversaturated? Do you live in some alternative reality?

Morkar Left

Skirmish, not tactical. Also, oversaturated? Do you live in some alternative reality?

No harm intended, but nobody I'm refering to will care about your narrow definition. There is only strategy, tactical, turnbased, realtime and realtime with pause.

As for Saturation: SR, Blackguards, that X-Com clone, Expedition Conquistador, Ghost Control Inc, the nth iteration of Kings' Bounty, another JA clone and probably some others I missed, didn't care or went completely under someones radar because they are too grognard to have some exposure.

Generate some buzz - highlight RPG elements. It looks amazing, but it needs some exposure. I don't know how that's done, however.

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
No harm intended, but nobody I'm refering to will care about your narrow definition. There is only strategy, tactical, turnbased, realtime and realtime with pause.
It's not my definition. It's a wargaming definition. Skirmish is used for games that are about commanding individuals like for example Necromunda and Mordheim in opposition to Tactical which is used for commanding small units like in Warhammer Fantasy Battle and Warhammer 40k. Just google "skirmish wargame" and you'll see that it's commonly used and only uncultured swine like you don't use it.

As for Saturation: SR, Blackguards, that X-Com clone, Expedition Conquistador, Ghost Control Inc, the nth iteration of Kings' Bounty, another JA clone and probably some others I missed, didn't care or went completely under someones radar because they are too grognard to have some exposure.
Yes, if you are into shovel-ware and medieval/renaiisance/fantasy themed games which don't go for realistic mechanics.

If you want realistic gunfighting, then what was the last game? Silent Storm?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom