Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Has anyone been able to get Mass Effect 3 to launch? [Solved: just reinstall Windows bro]

Funposter

Arcane
Also, ignore all the attacks of the butthurt hipsters. They have ALL completed Mass Effect 3. It was a magnificent game. I really enjoyed it, the combat was improved a lot, it was a fun third person shooter.

I completed the original Mass Effect four times, the second game twice, and never played the third.

Quillon

Arcane
Also, ignore all the attacks of the butthurt hipsters. They have ALL completed Mass Effect 3. It was a magnificent game. I really enjoyed it, the combat was improved a lot, it was a fun third person shooter.

I completed the original Mass Effect four times, the second game twice, and never played the third.

Why? Cos of the ending? Otherwise it's not worse than ME2; has better gameplay, many previous games' story arcs conclude in it, Citadel DLC is great.

Funposter

Arcane

Why? Cos of the ending? Otherwise it's not worse than ME2; has better gameplay, many previous games' story arcs conclude in it, Citadel DLC is great.

because it looked like fucking dogshit

Quillon

Arcane

because it looked like fucking dogshit

Why? It can't look much different than ME2 that you completed twice.

DayofBlow

Educated
Otherwise it's not worse than ME2;
Indeed, it's not. 2 is as shit as 3. Only 2 managed to hide it since the main plot is like 5 missions and the rest of the game is acquiring and babysitting your crew.

many previous games' story arcs conclude in it, Citadel DLC is great.
Concluding is hardly a positive when many of them conclude horribly and in a contrived manner.

Citadel DLC is the result of pandering to base level fanboyism. Story is shit, an afterthought that exists solely to set up a house party, choices are meaningless, everyone's an uber flanderised quippy asshole. JFC, you have a house party with your fake digital friends where everyone takes turns licking your balls. It's like an autistic kid pretending to have a tea party with his Superman and Goku dolls. If you don't feel like a gigantic fucking loser in life playing that sequence, you're beyond hope.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Fun fact: Andromederp has such a sequence built in from day 1. Progress!

Quillon

Arcane
Citadel DLC is the result of pandering to base level fanboyism. Story is shit, an afterthought that exists solely to set up a house party, choices are meaningless, everyone's an uber flanderised quippy asshole. JFC, you have a house party with your fake digital friends where everyone takes turns licking your balls. It's like an autistic kid pretending to have a tea party with his Superman and Goku dolls. If you don't feel like a gigantic fucking loser in life playing that sequence, you're beyond hope.

Yeah I'm sure you think 99% of what gaymers do/play is pathetic, good talk.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
Not really. After about 2 hours of searching it seems the #1 thing that others reported to have fixed it was to re-install Windows in order to "un-corrupt" the DLL files needed. I downloaded every redistributable possible about this but none worked, so since I'm not going to re-install Windows right now I guess I will never play it.

EDIT: Some said running a "system repair" (Windows 8/10-only option) also fixed it, which technically re-install all Windows shit without deleting the drive it's on... but I'm too lazy to bother doing that for Mass Effect 3. Whatever. I won't risk the thing borking my install just for this.

Mustawd

Not really. After about 2 hours of searching it seems the #1 thing that others reported to have fixed it was to re-install Windows in order to "un-corrupt" the DLL files needed. I downloaded every redistributable possible about this but none worked, so since I'm not going to re-install Windows right now I guess I will never play it.

EDIT: Some said running a "system repair" (Windows 8/10-only option) also fixed it, which technically re-install all Windows shit without deleting the drive it's on... but I'm too lazy to bother doing that for Mass Effect 3. Whatever. I won't risk the thing borking my install just for this.

you could try buying it....

EDIT: j/k. EA can fuck off.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
btw, reinstalled Windows 10 using a non-"Lite" version (i.e. using a regular w10 iso) and the game works now. apparently the "Lite" w10 version I had been using had too many runtime libs removed or whatever.

gonna install the HD textures mod, over 8gb's of new hd textures (original reason I wanted to install this game):

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom