Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Has anyone played Westboro?

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth

Saw it while checking out friend activity during the Steam sale and can't find anything about it from an RPG enthusiast's perspective.. Anyone here play it and can comment on it either positive or negative?

I was going to buy Age of Decadence but I heard that they put a bugfix mod in the release version which totally compromises their artistic vision :M

Nutria

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Goddammit. I only clicked on this because I thought there was finally an RPG about being so offensive that people to throw stuff at you and you can sue them.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Played only a bit. It's an action game where you deal with problems with limited options. Post apo with water shortage etc.
There is a bunch of details to remember, like sounds, various stats (hope you enjoy dealing with armors) and exploration but problem with the latter is - graphic effects make the map unreadable and you have to check minimap nonstop to find any interactive objects (buttons, drawers, you name it) which was awful.
Oh and it's slow paced and you're outnumbered most of the time.

Might try again somewhere in the future.

deama

Prophet
I played it for like 4 hours last year or so. I don't remember if the story was any good, so I think it was just passable, writing probably too. What was interesting though was the combat/gameplay, I kinda liked it actually, but the game was very harsh with the checkpoints. So you'd end up spending 30-60 mins going through a level and BAM! you died! Now you have to do it all over again.

There was character progression, but it's nothing like fallout, it's just you unlocking various ghost-in-the-shell inspired abilities.

I basically stopped playing the game when I went up to some long ass level without having much ammo, and it took me 30 mins to do a good run, but then I died and had to redo it all, so I just quit in a fit of rage.

A comparison would be fallout tactics, with only 1 character, realtime controls, and no save game feature.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom