Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

HATRED, aka Awor Surkrarz Simulator 2015

A horse of course

Also I am somewhat sure nuclear reactors do not work that way.

Are you a Nuke Wizard? Leave this to the experts, youngster.

Astral Rag

Arcane
So the game is poorly optimized repetitive edgy garbage, what a surprise.

Shitty performance on a 980ti :lol: wtf is wrong with indie developers.

Kudos to the devs for playing the press, gaming"press" and gamerz like that though, they must be laughing all the way to the bank :salute:

Last edited:

Somberlain

Arcane
Zionist Agent
So the game is poorly optimized repetitive indie garbage, what a surprise.

You mean:

Underrated indie masterpiece and gaming's Citizen Kane, Godfather, 2001: Space Odyssey and Psycho, narratively and intellectually too complex for stupid game journos, mechanically too sophisticated for their meager gaming abilities and technically too advanced for their pathetic computers? 10/10 GOTY, one small step for a game developer, one giant leap for game industry.

?

Meh. Don't care about the violence. Do care about a game and lead character that seems like it was designed to be 'the most awesome thing ever' by a couple of fat stoned 14 year old nerds who spend their time arguing over which multimillionaire death metal singer would win in a fight (and they always seem to think that 30 year old musicians behave like 14 year old school kids). Or worse, the kind that keeps acting like that in their 20s,and goes around quoting 'don't fuck with the chuck'. Who think they've got some bad boy thing going, except they couldn't get a job selling drugs on a street corner, and they always talk so tough until they get to court and start sobbing as they suck the judge's cock, begging for mercy as they admit that they're just an employed loser with esteem issues.

Thing is, I LIKE over-the-top deliberately 'wrong' games. But if it's the only card in your deck it gets old soon - that's why those 14 yr old film fantasies end up sucking, as there's reason why 'the biggest baddest war-scene, like let's have 10000s of predators fighting billions of aliens and then throw in the space marines from 40K' idea gets passed up. Now if you have 100000s of predators on surfboards fighting for Street cred with billions of gangsta rap aliens, it might work, and that's basically what GTA and old Duke Nukem do - but even then, it needs more than just zaniness.

I guess that's why I don't like this game - it's just one note and it doesn't have the wit to work as a middle finger to the censors. Played straight, it feels like the kind of thing where the creator wants it to feel bad ass, but comes across instead as 'useless pothead', played for laughs it isn't witty, and played for offence/satire it doesn't have nearly enough bite.

Want to piss off SJWs? Make it a game where a black lesbian tranny goes around killing white cis males until, 3/4 of the way in (ie after the sites have given it 10/10 for being a provocative call to revolution - we all know they won't play it through for the review) she takes off her mask scooby do style, to reveal her true identity as mecha Hulk Hogan, while all the 'white cis males' are minorities who have had similar masks attached as part of a plan to infiltrate the patriarchy gone horribly wrong. As it is, it doesn't truly piss them off, only me - they're not the ones who had their time wasted playing it.

A horse of course

Plebs. Destructive Creations are obviously the new Crytek, building games for computers ten years in the future.

GrainWetski

Arcane
I like how there are still people that take this game seriously while the main character spouts cheesy one-liners.

Stop being so fucking retarded.

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
Meh. Don't care about the violence. Do care about a game and lead character that seems like it was designed to be 'the most awesome thing ever' by a couple of fat stoned 14 year old nerds who spend their time arguing over which multimillionaire death metal singer would win in a fight (and they always seem to think that 30 year old musicians behave like 14 year old school kids). Or worse, the kind that keeps acting like that in their 20s,and goes around quoting 'don't fuck with the chuck'. Who think they've got some bad boy thing going, except they couldn't get a job selling drugs on a street corner, and they always talk so tough until they get to court and start sobbing as they suck the judge's cock, begging for mercy as they admit that they're just an employed loser with esteem issues. .
Could be worse. Could be turned into rabid drug clique suitists psychopaths that try to monopolize workplaces.

Also, read the part about running the company and you'll see that the person who created the idea of the game is probably a better person than many business owners/managers.
http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...arz-simulator-2015.94790/page-36#post-3934732

Meh. Don't care about the violence. Do care about a game and lead character that seems like it was designed to be 'the most awesome thing ever' by a couple of fat stoned 14 year old nerds who spend their time arguing over which multimillionaire death metal singer would win in a fight (and they always seem to think that 30 year old musicians behave like 14 year old school kids). Or worse, the kind that keeps acting like that in their 20s,and goes around quoting 'don't fuck with the chuck'. Who think they've got some bad boy thing going, except they couldn't get a job selling drugs on a street corner, and they always talk so tough until they get to court and start sobbing as they suck the judge's cock, begging for mercy as they admit that they're just an employed loser with esteem issues. .
Could be worse. Could be turned into rabid drug clique suitists psychopaths that try to monopolize workplaces.

Also, read the part about running the company and you'll see that the person who created the idea of the game is probably a better person than many business owners/managers.
http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...arz-simulator-2015.94790/page-36#post-3934732

Oh I know about the developer - been following the whole thing. My criticism is solely aimed at the product, not the people creating it. You can have great intentions and produce a crap product, just one you can be a jerk entirely in it because you're making slightly higher returns than as an accountant, with about as much passion, and yet produce great work through sheer talent.

And you can have passion and talent and just misfire.

Too often in gaming add it is, people take the product - and criticism thereof - as a measure of the developer as a person. It's nonsense, it doesn't even stack up as a measurement of their knowledge and passion for games. Toddler is a good example - he always reads much better than Hines because he seems to have genuine passion, and a real interest in promoting oldschool crpgs, and quite a knowledge of the more obscure ones, to the point where he would fit in great at the codex if he wasn't churning out trash for a living (and, fuck, I'd do the same for that money).

Believe me, I know what it is like to have great intentions on a product that just misfired. I did some good plays, but also some truly shit ones, and it wasn't always predictable on the basis of prior intent. Sometimes you just misfire, what comes out is not what you intended to put in, and you usually can't see it until years later.

I hope the developer goes on to make plenty more games, and I'm glad they didn't back down. But that doesn't change my view that they failed badly on this particular product.

Grimlorn

Arcane
Isn't there a nonviolent ending? I thought I heard there was a way to beat the game without any violence?

Black_Willow

Arcane
My kid is not going to play that game or any other GTA until she is 18 and buys it herself.

I just hope your genetic material'll die with you, for the sake of humanity.
So edgy

image6-e1413534446853.jpg

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
One day I envision a Codex where people don't link to shitty YouTube celebrities. One day...

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Game is pretty short. Watched a full walkthrough and it's maybe 2-3 hours long.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom