Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

HATRED, aka Awor Surkrarz Simulator 2015

Soph

Educated
Fun game, to get rid of an hour of boredom here and there. Don't think there's enough substance to keep me entertained for longer. Oh, and for the Asocial and Social Justice Warriors among us, take a break man, the discussion been due for a year about now. Although to be honest, I quite enjoy the vile and decrepit commentary spewed forth. In fact, just keep it coming boys.

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
At least it's not another zombie shooter. On the other hand, that edgelord from Voidhanger...
Had Voidhanger's album - Working Class Misanthropy. Sold it, found it distasteful.
MasseMord > Voidhanger. Also, Namtar would be a much better narrator than Herr Warcrimer.

Somberlain

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Patch arrived a while ago.

Patch nr.3

- completely disabled sound mixers, flashbang, talking after execution or low health should not affect performance anymore, this will be enabled in the future when We will gather enough data to fix it properly.

- improved performance on if Destruction Details is set to low.
- fixed some crashes.
- fixed UI aspect ratio issues for menu screens with the exception of in game HUD and respawn point acquired message, vehicle tutorials, item pickup message.
We will fix rest of problems with UI scaling in the near future.

- fixed the issue where side quest "Blow up the statue" on level 6 - Army Base could not be. completed with destruction settings set to low.
- fixed some problems with reverting at game start shadow settings if they were settings to low.
- Time Trial achievement should be fixed.
- fixed some minor lockits typos(GE,IT).

Note:

If the game is constantly crashing without displaying DC logo movie or at the end of the DC logo, try delete:
"YOUR STEAM INSTALLATION DIRECTORY\steamapps\common\Hatred\Hatred\Content\Movies\Default_Startup.mp4"

AMD/ATI issues -> soon.

Dexter

Arcane
qY9vUwu.jpg

http://www.penny-arcade.com/news/post/2015/06/05/hating-the-player
Hatred really isn’t a big deal. I don’t mean, like, hating. Don’t do that! I’m talking about the game Hatred, which is crazypants. If you want to know about it, it’s basically a twin-stick shooter, which is whatever. I would never have known about it if there hadn’t been such a breathless, plainly mercenary attempt to capitalize on the game’s unvarnished, thoroughly amateur depiction of violence. That said, if someone is super good at Hatred call the police.

We have to come to terms with the fact that people are going to make art about their worst impulses and games are going to be where that happens sometimes. I can remember when turntables began to outsell guitars, and as digital tools and technology get wider purchase we’re seeing it again. People who would have formed bands are going to form development studios now, small, really fucking weird ones. And they’re going to make “punk.” Not the punk you like. They’re going to make “Fuck you” punk. And, as has occurred every other time, “squares” are going to take the bait.

A big part of the problem on the developer side is that they didn’t flatter games media. What a developer is supposed to do is to give their violence ironic cover, or agree to pretend that it’s a deconstruction of violence, or make the player wear a surreal animal mask, anything to “elevate” the piece so that the press can rub their faces on it like a cat. Barring these, you’d better fucking know one of them.

Here’s what’s up, now. We let anyone who can type create reality. I think this is vastly superior to the old model, which would never have made my life of .jpeg encrusted excess possible. But the reality the press created with their histrionics took a sorta middle of the road, traditionally peechee-bound retribution fantasy that would have languished on the highest, most out of the way rackmount in a colo somewhere and made the creators of that work a ton of money while also molding them into an icon of free expression in this medium. The gulf between their intentions and what they accomplished literally has no bottom.

https://www.christcenteredgamer.com/index.php/reviews/pc-mac/5906-hatred-pc

Last edited:

A horse of course

It runs like shit on my rig. Waiting for more fixes.

What are your specs? I have a 880M and 4800MQ, which are equivalent to a 570 and a standard 2500K, roughly speaking. Runs with virtually no problems, just ran it on default settings which were max for most stuff. I heard shadows are a particular killer.

Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
Had a really shitty day today, so I felt like indulging in a mindless gorefest to take my mind off things. Instead I found a shitty game that made my already shitty day a bit shittier. I can only repeat the things others already brought up: horrible performance, worse controls, cringeworthy writing...

The one thing that astonishes me most is how you can have a game where you have largely destroyable levels and tons of gratuitos violence and somehow it still feels like the most boring thing you ever played.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
So... this game is awful? I'm trying to get into it and throwing grenades is really cool...

But you literally cannot fucking control the guy. If the camera just stayed behind him ala GTA it'd be fine but instead you're stuck in this view that just messes you up so much you can't even walk through a fucking door in a straight line. Instead you stumble in like some kind of drunk hobo shooting the walls because you just can't fucking aim at anything due to hobo cam.

The destruction seems cool but controlling the character is just argh inducing.

sser

Arcane
Developer
Are you controlling with KBM or controller? I used a keyboard and never had any issue, but watching people with a controller he seemed much more... tank-like.

Cassidy

Arcane
Is there any wearable fedora with a tipping animation to the victim during execution scenes, remove kebab, racial holy war, "man the harpoons and slaughter the SJWs" or similar mod for this game already? If it doesn't get at least one mod in this genre, it will be pretty disappointing overall.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
The only seem to confirm the DLC and that they have an idea for the sequel. Sequel will probably sell like shit since this game sold primarily on hype.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom