Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Haven & Hearth 2.0 is in development.

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Is HnH any good to get into?

The scourge were random griefers attacking people who didn't spend grinding quality food, with steel, bow skill, etc. One guy attacked us when we were moving. Murdered others 1v3, I ran due to pragmatism and seeing that as hopeless. We were moving cause other grinding griefers came to our wooden wall and shot through it with a bow at us.

That quality mechanic sucks. Player interaction isn't really encouraged, people just murder randoms. Got once a hermit in a boat who was not deleting characters for kicks, other than that shit.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Eeeh... No, it is not.

Only if you get into it right after a world reset, and even then only if you can do absolutely absurd hours in the game.

Chef_Hathaway

King of the Juice
Patron
White Knight
Divinity: Original Sin BattleTech
Man, I remember the first Codex village, mapping out the rivers, fighting bears from boats, and staking out claims to the best clay. Good times, good times.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
121.png

Beta launches after Grimoire is released.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
Glorious stockpiles! No more storing materials in construction signs :)

Zdzisiu

Arcane
And it looks quite pretty in general! Will probably still check it out when beta is on!

If Im not senile by then.

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
What's this screenshots?

Seems like a reskin of heavanz 1.0. Stuff aesthetically shaded, but remember heavanz uses sprites like failout 1/2.

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Graphics improved a fucking lot. Though the elevation fake as before, they can't do anything better with isometric anyway. It looks good other than oversaturated/overexposed.

The HnH thing screams begging for a fork.

Some social features, to encourage non-griefing, without actually prohibiting griefing. Make map smaller and sensible, rather than random puke the size of a continent...

Grinding quality's as if in a retard MMO.

it's not to say that going down a river, murdering noobs and taking their silkworms isn't fun, but it ultimately removes more fun than it brings.

The client's already opensource since forever, and there were some server developments.

If only the Jorb and the other sod weren't such retards, the game'd be more than griefers outgriefing griefers.

Fucking hell that game coulda been the next UO. Now it's shit with a true believer following.

Last edited:

Norfleet

Open source client sounds good. So many games have clients that make me go, "Man, if this particular client-based annoyance didn't happen, this would be so much less shit.". Not to mention an open client means a more secure design for the game.

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Open client also made feasible for tards to write quality-grinding bots managing goods production. The bots aren't even self-sustaining, just some random crap that takes shit and bakes it for instance.

Wish there were more games like UO, especially nowadays. Not much ruins atmospherefag's enjoyment as good as mobs respawning under their feet.

While I could start some project, make procedural placeholder textures and so on, guaranteed woulda drop it before 1/4 done. That's too big a project to push to completion.

I've talked to some people doing games for kicks, each has different ideas, each fickle as bitch. Fucking hell.

Last edited:

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Let me guess, the game is written in Java again, isn't it :hmmm: And there probably is tarded exp system again with curiosities, eh?

Still, H&H was literally the only MMO that took me for damn months of gaming sessions while all other MMOs bored me within the first 2 weeks. I'm sure I'll play H&H2 to hell and back as well.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom